4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

This is why i hate hondas

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 08:12 PM

Another maxima bites the dust

Sat night i get off work, and am heading home. i get on to southern state prwy, am doing about 60mps(normal prwy driving speed). two hondas come up on left side of me, hooked up ones, one of them roles down his window and asks to race, am in no mood, so i blow him off. now this fool must be ****t or something, b\c he starts getting mad close to me, am still like what ever, last time he got close he hits a bump and smacks a little into my car. am like WHOA WTF and hit curb, Hard! the air bang pop out and punch me in the face. by time i get my head together these ricers have been long gone. i didnt even get a chance catch there numbers. i check for damages and find my right tire is all up in my fender wall (unable to move a bit) and my windshield spidered from the air bag hittin it. oh yea the horn wouldnt stop as well.

what do u guys think might be needing replaced. have pics very soon.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:39 PM

Sorry to hear that man. Luckily you didn't loose control or crash. It sounds like you might need a new windshield and possibly a new horn. If I were you I'd try to find out who the ricers are (take the same road at the same time this happened), and sue their a$$es.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:05 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

You need to carry a gat to brush them off.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:28 PM
SXN
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ok well... its gonna be hard finding someone besides a dealer to replace the airbags and do a really amazing job of it. that will also cost quite a bit. air bags are a really tricky and expensive thing, u need to trust the shop you take it to... some places fake installs to save money, and they are a very popular item to steal on cars. You didnt describe the front end damage very well...but u had to hit something for the air bags to go off, so im guessing the fenders pretty messed up, and maybe a rim. Have someone look at it, because from ur description is hard to tell the extent of the damage
Old 09-01-2003, 09:50 PM

ok when i got hit by the ricer, i turnered to the right hard by doing that i hit the curb hard. the fender is fine, the rim is cracked, the tire is pushing up agianst the fender wall, which is making the car unable to move at all. the windshield spidered b\c of the right side air bag. Um... the horn wont stop. thats all the damage i can see, i need to take it to a shop to find out everything. anyone have an idea how much all this going to cost me??
Old 09-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear about that bro. Dont worry, I have a feeling that you will meet up with them two morons again, in the near future. They will remember you and be terrified. Then thats when you gladly hand there A$$es to them.

Late

Nick
Old 09-01-2003, 10:09 PM
SXN

and thats why u get a glok, keep it loaded, and carry it everywhere
Old 09-01-2003, 10:13 PM

ur control arms r prolly bent for sure. tie rod could be bent. hopefully cv axle still good. prolly a good grand
Old 09-01-2003, 10:29 PM

That's horrible....stupid people need to learn how to drive before they go ricing out their little Civics. Anyways, good luck with everything man.

Mike
Old 09-01-2003, 10:29 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

Get a new (well used) right front suspention. you know the whole assembaly from a junkyard. Also get a windshield and air bag(s), (maybe you can find the steering wheel for cheep at the junk year or *gulp* eBay). Definetly have a respectable shop take a look at your situation too.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:30 PM

you got insurance, right. if so, it will help out alot. I would hunt them down. Do you have any description of them or their car? I would HUNT THEM DOWN personally, but they'll get theirs. And you should be the first one entitled to give it to them. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 09-01-2003, 11:37 PM
Always sunny in philly

its all about karma baby.

One day, two maximas will roll up on the hondas, and clip their asse*s to the curb.

...damn ricers...
Old 09-02-2003, 06:37 AM

i would just do an insurance claim unless you deductable is 1K. But b4 all of that, the second he got close my lane i would of floored it past him and changed lanes or slowed way down and let him pass(depending on what the traffic was like). But I would of shown some sort of aggresive driverness, if not people will f^ck w/ you and sometimes take it overboard!!!
Old 09-02-2003, 07:03 AM
is invisible

Wow, it's almost like racism!

It's the driver of the Honda, not the Honda itself.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:30 AM

I would get in touch with the local Police to check if there are any traffic cam's on the highway that you were on. Seriously, I wouldn't put up with that ****. That is money that your ins. shouldn't have to pay, not to mention, your max will never be the same with that type of damage to the front wheel. Ohh, I feel soo bad for you, so I say take action. If the 5 can't do anything, take it into your own hands. I've managed to track down people that have damaged my car in parking lots and got their ins. to fix my car when they bailed. Do anything in your power to get those arrogant turds.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:17 AM
U wanna try me young boy?

File a police report with a description of the car. Maybe you get lucky and the police reconigse hte car by it's description. :-/
Old 09-02-2003, 09:50 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

File a report with the police.

You might be surprised, because they do find these people.

To the extent of the damage, no one can really say based on your description. Chances are there's more damage beneath the surface. If you need a reputable body shop and mechanic in queens, send me an IM. My garage is located off the Long Island Expressway near the BQE. about two blocks off Queens Blvd.

Im glad no one was physically hurt. Cars can be fixed, but its not the same for a human life. Good Luck to you.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:10 PM
SXN

Originally Posted by Maxima10to1
Definetly have a respectable shop take a look at your situation too.
don't mess around with anyone kinda seedy when it comes to airbags. In my first car accident (wasn't driving) they pretty much saved my life. In the second car accident (was driving) they had been stolen from my used car, didn't deploy, and i got a wicked concussion and a good lump on the head
Old 09-02-2003, 05:06 PM

sorryto hear about that man. Glad you're ok. I would follow all the great instructions and advice i have seen here. I would def call the police asap about it. hope ur deductibles aren't too high. if you talk right to the mechanic or body man, you might not have to pay anything.

Hope it all works out
Old 09-02-2003, 08:50 PM

hey guys thx for the look out. the reason i dont do a police report is b\c my insurance is about 7000 and if i do a report it will go well over 11000. i guess i have to pay for the damages, thems the brakes. just be easy when u drive guys alot of ***s out there.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by bomt697
hey guys thx for the look out. the reason i dont do a police report is b\c my insurance is about 7000 and if i do a report it will go well over 11000. i guess i have to pay for the damages, thems the brakes. just be easy when u drive guys alot of ***s out there.
DAMN...who the hell do you have? I was paying $1800 with State Farm Mutual with no discounts at 21 and 10 points on my l's. Course, I stopped paying it and got booted and jacked up to $4800, but $7000 is inconceivable. Your ins would go up that much if someone hit you and fled? That's CRAZY!
Old 09-04-2003, 09:43 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Originally Posted by CoolMax
Wow, it's almost like racism!

It's the driver of the Honda, not the Honda itself.

Sorry to hear about the problem, but theyre were people driving this cars correct? I mean it wasnt cars that actually rolled up and asked you to race right? So whats the deal here? Hondas are bad because some puk kids started with you? What if they had Altimas,Sentras,300/350Zs? Then you would hate Nissan as well right?

--Don
Old 09-04-2003, 10:15 AM

damn yo that sucks. describe the two hondas for me, and the guy who asked you to race. i live in LI, if i see them i'll help you out.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:51 PM

that totally suxs dude,those damn Honda ricers,i feel for ya.

"If Nissan Motorsports is Nismo, doesn't that make Honda Motorsports Homo?"
Old 09-04-2003, 03:20 PM

mother****ers i hope they crash into a tree and die in there stupid gocarts... sorry, i get mad when this type of stuff happends sorry man i feel your pain
Old 09-04-2003, 03:45 PM
SXN

Originally Posted by max****
damn yo that sucks. describe the two hondas for me, and the guy who asked you to race. i live in LI, if i see them i'll help you out.
we need in depth descriptions... were they baby blue? did the mufflers sound like flatulence? Were they driven by asian males with spikey hair! I THINK I FOUND THEM!.....wait
Old 09-04-2003, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by SXN
we need in depth descriptions... were they baby blue? did the mufflers sound like flatulence? Were they driven by asian males with spikey hair! I THINK I FOUND THEM!.....wait
I think you descibed every asian in my university heheh.

This totally sucks. When I get my max in the spring we will go Honduh hunting in long island dood.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:47 PM

damn sorry to hear that man. If anythingdoesn't go right then what you could do is you might want to go get a haynes manual to see what kind of damages that really happened. That manual could save you from spending too much out of your pocket.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:47 PM

So because a couple of idiots that happened to be driving Hondas decide to do something incredibly stupid, it is an ALL Honda owners thing now?
Old 09-04-2003, 06:08 PM
SXN

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
So because a couple of idiots that happened to be driving Hondas decide to do something incredibly stupid, it is an ALL Honda owners thing now?
well for one they own a honda... thats one stupid thing.
2.misbadging
3. rear spoiler on a FWD car
4. fart can muffler
5. running into guys named bomt697's maximas...small list, but i dont wanna elaborate too much and get

anyway, im really sorry to hear about ur car man, but i hope u can sort it all out
Old 09-04-2003, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by SXN
2.misbadging
4. fart can muffler
Sounds like half the Org members.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:33 PM

hey my car came with a rear spoiler (SE).

If someone wants to race me and im not in the mood, I say "no thanks" . . . . by flipping em off or somethin their pride gets hurt and they get mad.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by bomt697
Sat night i get off work, and am heading home. i get on to southern state prwy, am doing about 60mps(normal prwy driving speed). two hondas come up on left side of me, hooked up ones, one of them roles down his window and asks to race, am in no mood, so i blow him off. now this fool must be ****t or something, b\c he starts getting mad close to me, am still like what ever, last time he got close he hits a bump and smacks a little into my car. am like WHOA WTF and hit curb, Hard! the air bang pop out and punch me in the face. by time i get my head together these ricers have been long gone. i didnt even get a chance catch there numbers. i check for damages and find my right tire is all up in my fender wall (unable to move a bit) and my windshield spidered from the air bag hittin it. oh yea the horn wouldnt stop as well.

what do u guys think might be needing replaced. have pics very soon.
Sorry to hear man...Damn hondas
Old 09-04-2003, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by SXN
Actually I own a Honda, Im guessing that makes me stupid as well?

--Don
Old 09-05-2003, 03:08 AM

well finally got word from the shop whats Fed up in my whip. heres the list:
lower controling arm
sway bar link
strut assembly
front pv or pc (something like that) axle
spindle
rim
windshield
and airbags

thats a damn big list, but theres not much i can do but pay the damn repairs and kick my sis civic everyday
Old 09-05-2003, 06:22 AM

that really sux bud.. I hit a curb and i suffered bent frame, crack and bent rim, broke axle,bend strut and all of this other stuff. and i messed up the rear crosbar or axle or whaeva its called right now I am at 1500 for all repairs.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:44 AM

i live in the queens area and i met some duosche bag kid the other day with a dark blue 2002 honda civic. it had a kit, fart can and everything but no engine work. his lisence plate read "TOCA" he usually hangs out in L I just thought i could help
Old 09-05-2003, 07:47 AM

Me too. I guess I am stupid too.

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
Actually I own a Honda, Im guessing that makes me stupid as well?

--Don
Old 09-05-2003, 09:04 AM
is invisible

Originally Posted by SXN
2.misbadging
4. fart can muffler
5. running into guys named bomt697's maximas...small list, but i dont wanna elaborate too much and get

anyway, im really sorry to hear about ur car man, but i hope u can sort it all out
yea...NOBODY does that with Nissan.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:05 AM
is invisible

Originally Posted by dvpatel99se
Me too. I guess I am stupid too.
If I own more than one Honda am I more stupid than you?

Quick Reply: This is why i hate hondas