4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Purge cut soleniod valve

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 06:11 PM
Krog

Ok I am getting a check engine light that comes back purge cut soleniod valve. easy enuff right ...WRONG my 95 maxima does not have a purge solenoid attached to the purge box in the rear of the car driver side. I changed the purge box too heavy contaminated light goes off for a week back on same code . Call dealer they have no clue why i have no purge soleniod on the box tell me i have a calif. emmission car and don't know what to do . car runs fine. I have changed all the O2's and purge canister i do not have any electonics going to the box even though the diagram shows it and NO the car was not in an accident or modified I drove it for 2 yrs before this light cam on ANY HELP PLS and no i won't unplug the check engine light. Thanks for any insite.

Old 02-16-2001, 09:54 AM

Hope this helps

Originally posted by Krog
Ok I am getting a check engine light that comes back purge cut soleniod valve. easy enuff right ...WRONG my 95 maxima does not have a purge solenoid attached to the purge box in the rear of the car driver side. I changed the purge box too heavy contaminated light goes off for a week back on same code . Call dealer they have no clue why i have no purge soleniod on the box tell me i have a calif. emmission car and don't know what to do . car runs fine. I have changed all the O2's and purge canister i do not have any electonics going to the box even though the diagram shows it and NO the car was not in an accident or modified I drove it for 2 yrs before this light cam on ANY HELP PLS and no i won't unplug the check engine light. Thanks for any insite.
If you are talking about code "87" then that is the Canister Control Solenoid Valve.According to my Factory Service Manual the valve is right next to the air duct (intake hose) which is the rubber hose before the throttle body. Is that where you are looking? It has an electrical connector, a hose leading to intake air duct,a hose for the intake manifold vacuum signal and one hose to the canister purge cut valve. It shows in my FSM that it is for California models. If you have this, post back and I,ll see what I can do.
Old 02-18-2001, 07:28 PM
Krog

You where my only reply the code is P0443. But i am interested in racking your brain alittle. could you scan the page you where teling me about it might prove usefull I read a little more on the snap-on scanner and it mentioned the control valve maybe they are linked together also It is hard to pinpoint the valve you described due to the fact there is multiple wire connections in the intake area and none that fit exactly what you described but a few that where close. I REALLY APPRECIATE all of your help you have been enlighting. What service manual do you have Maybe I'll stop being so cheap and actually get my own copy ..once again thanks a million.

Old 02-18-2001, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by Krog
You where my only reply the code is P0443. But i am interested in racking your brain alittle. could you scan the page you where teling me about it might prove usefull I read a little more on the snap-on scanner and it mentioned the control valve maybe they are linked together also It is hard to pinpoint the valve you described due to the fact there is multiple wire connections in the intake area and none that fit exactly what you described but a few that where close. I REALLY APPRECIATE all of your help you have been enlighting. What service manual do you have Maybe I'll stop being so cheap and actually get my own copy ..once again thanks a million.
I wish I could scan for you but I do not have one. The book I,m using is the Factory Service Manual. It ran about 90 bucks (2 years ago) and I do my own work so it is invaluable to me. If you like doing your own work and plan on keeping the car a long time (like myself) then I recommend it. Other wise buy a Haynes manual instead. Anyway, the part in question is the Canister Control Solenoid Valve. Picture if you will a valve shapped like an air compressor (sit down type). On one side of this is an electrical connector and an air hose attach point that extends horizontally to the right and on the other side of this valve is 2 more vacuum hose attach fittings that extend vertically. This is the valve in question. I wish I could be more descriptive but since my car does not have this I could be leading you astray. Maybe somebody on this forum could hook you up with a picture or better yet go to the dealer and ask to see what the part looks like. Maybe this will help. Hope it does. By the way in the book it also looks like it is behind the automatic tranny dipstick tube and then just under a hose next to the dipstick tube. Sure hope you have an automatic for that description!!