4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 02:12 PM

I Need Help!!!

I dont know whats wrong with me! I keep messing up with stick shift. To make this long story short, my brother has the maxima and im about to get it after winter time, (i dont want it right now anyway, Only After DEC) Its stick shift and i keep messin up with it. wheither it be hopping due because when i start to slow down For Example a speed bump, then i apply a bit of gas it starts to hop. then i gotta let go of the gas for 2 sec and reapply for it to stop hopping. Oh Hills My FEAR! its not even a Damn hill just a slight incline and usually when i come to a complete stop i start to get the clutch ready like i start lifting my foot very slow, and then i slide my foot to the right of the brake so i can just slide it on the gas. But for some reason i stall out and i fell like a fo0l. Cause i stall out and everyone behind me is yelling. I think i just get very very nervous. And usually i get it at 4-5 k rmp and throw up the clutch so i dont roll back to hit anyone (when i stall out)

I dont drive it all the time. Like a few times here and there, and im worried that if i dont learn i will never be like some kids in my school. they make it seem soooo easy, even this one girl makes me look REALLY BAD!!! Im a senior in Highschool and its not good for people to know that i stall out on hills lol. So my Question is GIVE ME SOME ADIVCE!!!!
What can i do on hills, how about the seat!! i think that plays a big role if its not to my comfort i mess up, PS its not my car yet so i cant even put it the way its good for me. How about hops how can i ADvoid them!! how about starting off im not that quick. I wish i was soo much better

!!HeLP!! PLZZ!!