4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Where to go?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 03:40 PM

Where to go?

On my passenger door there is a dent on the edge where the door meets the fender. Well not really a dent....Its sorta pushed in, in 2 places on the edge of the door. Its not big but I'm repainting the car and would like to know where would I be able to get something like that repaired for relatively cheap. I know I could probably do it myself by removing the door and bang it straight but I fear that I will screw up. I also talked to the soon to be painter and he doesnt do body work. Any ideas?
Old 10-07-2003, 04:08 PM
ivelweyz

At the same place that's painting the car. It is a body shop isn't it? They just pull out the ding and that's it...

Old 10-07-2003, 05:06 PM

Its not a ding....the edge of the door where it meets the fender is bent inwards a little in 2 places. I asked them if they do body work and they said theyre not going to do it. Maybe you just misunderstood my post. It's not bad, just too noticible. I'm getting a paint job so I would rather fix it before painting, then having it painted now and painted again when i get it repaired later.