4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

help with inside where someone burned my car with a cigarette...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2001, 07:36 PM

This guy was driving my car and burned the door frame thing next to the window. Does anyone know how much this thing costs? Where can I get it? Please help me out because I gotta get this thing replaced..Thanks
Old 02-16-2001, 07:44 PM

expensive

I wanted a new door frame because my seat belt had somehowe lodged itself into it and created a massive hole. Anyways someone told me they had to get a new one when there car was broken into and insurance covered it, but it was like $600. Someone else told me to go to a junk yard and find a matching one in which that door panel had not been damaged.

I had a black interior with black leather which made it an extra pain in the ***; car was totalled before I replaced it, so things could be worse.

Make whoever did it pay for it though, they aren't cheap. Even if you go to a junk yard and find one it will cost you probably $50-100, plus all that hassle of finding one, uninstalling, and installing a new panel which was not part of the original car.

-Nate
Old 02-16-2001, 09:59 PM

Not to sound like an a$$

But if you had any respect for your car you wouldn't of let him drive your car with a cigarette.
A fine a** girl could step into my car with a cigarette, and I would kick her a** out and tell her not to let the door hit her on the way out... Or if she prefers to smoke.. she can sit in the trunk.
Old 02-16-2001, 10:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Not to sound like an a$$

Originally posted by PiotrC70
But if you had any respect for your car you wouldn't of let him drive your car with a cigarette.
A fine a** girl could step into my car with a cigarette, and I would kick her a** out and tell her not to let the door hit her on the way out... Or if she prefers to smoke.. she can sit in the trunk.
Amen to that.
Old 02-17-2001, 12:12 AM

yeah, I agree with you but this is a guy that I've known forever. I now know not to trust him. I trust only a few people to smoke in my car, but no longer. It's not worth it.
Old 02-17-2001, 07:33 AM

They make repair kits that are suppose to repair small holes well. Try this: http://www.seenontv.com/prod-pages/L...herRepair.html
Old 02-17-2001, 08:36 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by jaxima
This guy was driving my car and burned the door frame thing next to the window. Does anyone know how much this thing costs? Where can I get it? Please help me out because I gotta get this thing replaced..Thanks

Why are people allowed to smoke in your car? That's one of my rules -- never any smoking in my car. Of course, absolutely nobody I hang around with smokes, so it makes it a little easier...

/aac

Old 02-17-2001, 09:52 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

same case here...

I have a few friends that smoke, and it really looks like the previous owner might have been a smoker too... I have burn marks on the door panel, drivers side and passengers side, then I have burn marks on the cloth above the doors, and some on floor in the rear. I know a couple of them were there before, but some appeared out of nowhere.. I have cloth interior though, if I had leather, I'd probably ban my mom from my car if she was a smoker.

If you have leather, I would ossume with some custom work, you can purchase a piece of leather for the door panel the same color and possibly fit it yourself, or with the help of a shop that customizes this kind of stuff.