4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Banned from modding 4 life!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 09:34 AM
DoGGy

Banned from modding 4 life!

THIS HAS TO BE THE WORST DAY OF MY LIFE.
THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!

yesterday i was discussing purchasing mods for my car in near furutre (dc's, red/clears, drop, bodykit) with my parents. now im 19 and have a ****ty a$$ job, so i cant get a room for myself, go to school and pay all those bills! so i still need to live with MOMMY AND DADDY

i've been saving up some cash for max of course and yesterday as soon as i talked about moddig my max, both my parents immediatly said "WHAT? " "you are not going to spend another penny on the car, you and us have spend lots of cash purchasing this car and that was the end of it, you need to save lots of cash for school"

after discussin this with parents for 30 minutes, this is the conclusion:

a penny worth of mods on my car = i get kicked out !

I ****IN BOUGHT THIS CAR TO MOD IT ALITTLE! not look at that STUPID 4x4 look, i cant stand that ****! what am i to do ? oh god

Old 10-24-2003, 09:37 AM

Umph it happens to all of us. It happened to me way back when...they only want the best for ya. Honestly modding a car is for your gratification...only..youll never get that money back out of the mod unless its a supercharger or such when you can get close to what you paid. Point being....dont worry about it right now...perhaps lower it in a couple months when they cool down or soemthing. They probably wont even notice. Unless of course they are able to look at your bank account statements. Oh and one other things mister dont put mods on credit cards..that you dont pay off...that 100 set of springs will end up being tons more...Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:39 AM
ivelweyz

POINTLESS thread. We don't really care about disfunctional families here...

Old 10-24-2003, 09:41 AM
DoGGy

Originally Posted by infinitiblast
Umph it happens to all of us. It happened to me way back when...they only want the best for ya. Honestly modding a car is for your gratification...only..youll never get that money back out of the mod unless its a supercharger or such when you can get close to what you paid. Point being....dont worry about it right now...perhaps lower it in a couple months when they cool down or soemthing. They probably wont even notice. Unless of course they are able to look at your bank account statements. Oh and one other things mister dont put mods on credit cards..that you dont pay off...that 100 set of springs will end up being tons more...Just my 2 cents.

dude they decided to check my credit card/bank account and all of that every month, im so badly f'ed up! my bank account has to keep raising, if it goes down then im kicked out!

i hate this bs

Old 10-24-2003, 09:41 AM
Administrator

but they let you live there and give you food? wow.. isn't that strange?

wouldn't it be weird if they paid for your schooling too?

what fcking evil parents
Old 10-24-2003, 09:42 AM
DoGGy

Originally Posted by ivelweyz

i had to let it out somewhere !

Old 10-24-2003, 09:43 AM
DoGGy

Originally Posted by SprintMax
but they let you live there and give you food? wow.. isn't that strange?

wouldn't it be weird if they paid for your schooling too?

what fcking evil parents

their rule is that as long as i live with THEM, i do what they say cuz they are my parents.

Old 10-24-2003, 09:43 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

get a 92 civic and mod that.....
Old 10-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ROFL

but really now cmon, sure it's not Jerry Springer, but you gotta feel for him..

Think of it this way DoGGy, at least you can still own the ricer-frat boys on the way to class
Old 10-24-2003, 09:48 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by DoGGy
their rule is that as long as i live with THEM, i do what they say cuz they are my parents.
Um, then get a better job and move out if you don't like it. That's a perfectly reasonable rule that they have.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:52 AM
DoGGy

Originally Posted by ejj
Um, then get a better job and move out if you don't like it. That's a perfectly reasonable rule that they have.
yea but then i wont have any cash left to mod the max... i gotta work full time, id barely get any time to study and whatever i make would go for bills ( thats if i make that much)

Old 10-24-2003, 09:57 AM
ejj

Originally Posted by DoGGy
yea but then i wont have any cash left to mod the max... i gotta work full time, id barely get any time to study and whatever i make would go for bills ( thats if i make that much)
So concentrate on school, graduate, get a high paying job, get your own place and mod your cars until your heart's content.

Modding your car shouldn't be a priority while in school.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:21 AM
An atavistic endeavor...

Yea whatever. Parents have say as long as you're living with them, but if they're checking this dude's bank account then they're going too far. They should set certain levels that he has to pay for school or whatever, and if he doesn't meet them then he's hosed. Dude is 19 years old and should have a say in how his money gets spent ESPECIALLY if they just want to see him saving money. If they need him to help pay for school, then set a level he has to pay, but you can't micromanage and control your kid forever. They have a right to expect certain things from him based on the situation, but they don't have the right to control him completely. If he can meet some reasonable requirements then he can spend the money that he earns any way he wants.

If you ask me this will last about 6 months if they're going to be checking his bank account and all that...that's a level too far. It sounds to me like your parents are 1/2 making a reasonable demand and 1/2 trying to hang on too tight.

My advice to you is to go to your parents in a serious manner and tell them that you don't think that what they are saying is fair based on the fact that it's your money, but that you understand their position and you have an idea where both of your intrests can be served. Depending on what they want you to do with your money, have some specific reasonable goals and levels and work out a deal with them. If you make $200/week and they just want you to save money and pay for your own expenses, tell them you'll save $100, spend $50 on expenses, and save $50 for your whip. If they want you to pay for school, work out how much they want you to pay and how much you make, and then see if you can come up with a way to save a little cash to spend on your car. Those are just examples, but you see what I'm saying: develop a budget. I wish I had been taught more about budgeting my money, but I think there are ways to have your cake and eat it too. Just show your aprents that you're an adult and have a plan. The MOST ****ING IMPORTANT part though is that if you do this you have to live up to it. You can slip once in ahwile, but if they'er copping this attitude already you need to at least put in some time being good to show them you're responsible.

I feel you man, these other cats sound like they're just a little too far from your situation to understand.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:22 AM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by ejj
best advice yet.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:26 AM

Mate, just get your act together financially and then start on the shopping spree. If you are in debt, you really dont have any options. If it takes your mom and pops to tell you right from wrong, you still have lots of growing up to do.

Mods can always wait...
Old 10-24-2003, 10:29 AM

I don't want here about whining from someone that has there living and college expenses paid for. Pay my college loans and then I MIGHT think about listening.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:30 AM
I'm needing a caw

Thank the lord!! Maybe the 4-gen section won't have to endure these crazy mod questions!
Old 10-24-2003, 10:33 AM

That's too funny!

My advice, finish up school first then go into modding. I want to mod my car too, but I'm doing it slowly. Having money for college next year is more important to me than having a fully modded car.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:39 AM
An atavistic endeavor...

Damn you guys are harsh. I understand from the tone of his post, but the kid is working part time and going to school, you really don't think he should be able to enjoy SOME benefit from working so hard?? I'm not saying that his parents should pay more for school just so he can mod, but if he can work it out where he covers his expenses and whatever else his parents want him to pay for why shouldn't he derive some benefit from doing all that? It's not his fault that maybe he is in a better situation than some and might have some extra cash...people's jealousy and haterism is unreal. Dude is willing to work his ****ty job and go to school...he just wants to be able to spend a little cash on himself. It doesn't sound like he's trying to completely redo the car tommorrow...but a mod or two a year...especially cheap ones like clear lights...who cares?

God damn man...college is hard enough, working a **** job is ahrd enough...kid should be able to persue SOME fun activity that he enjoys to blow off some stress. This country is obsesed with people ****ing away their youth without having any fun.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You don't really need a damn body kit or a drop. Those items besides a SC/T are pretty expensive for a car. I bet you can do lil stuff like DC corners, clear out the tails yourself, make your own ghetto intake. Start small then move up on.

I myself am a full time college student and living off loans and workstudy. Cars are a big responsibility and be thankful you at least have a dope ride. Take it slow and you can still keep your bank account going up while spending money on the car.

Your parents were probably PO'd when you expected them to pay for YOUR mods. Just try to upkeep the car first, then mod it slowly, again, just be thankful that you have a car.