4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

became one of the privileged finally! 95 red/clears!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 06:13 PM
SXN
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ooo, nevermind, just a weird picture i guess. makes your left tail look like its busted.
so you considering any alternative tail light options? skyline tails are THAT bad no altezzas please
Old 12-11-2003, 06:26 PM
Custom User Title...

must be the light? they're reaaaal shiny

what you don't like my tails now? i put a lot of work into those!

i had altezzas and have them open, but the project was a pain cuz i ordered the wrong paint from paintscratch and they wouldn't let me exchange it. so, i might be selling them to another member. if not, i might play around with them some more.

was thinking of either smoking out the reverse section. or possibly painting them all red, rewiring them to be another brake, parking, or alternating blinker. and then rig up some reverse lights somewhere. that would require a lot of thought, but i'm sure it can be done without too much work.

i'll try to start photochoppin to see what looks best.

if anyone else who's good with photoshop wants to give it a whirl, feel free!
Old 12-11-2003, 06:45 PM

not to hijack this thread or anything but since you can't open up the 95/96 taillight housing like the 97-99 can you open the headlight housing, to paint them to look like AE headlights? or would i need 97-99 headlight housing
Old 12-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Custom User Title...

yes you can but it looks bad on them. looks much better on the 97-99's which are plastic. not to be a d!ck man, but please read each set of faq's. takes a little while, but you'll learn a lot.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:58 PM
SXN

Originally Posted by Jepht20
must be the light? they're reaaaal shiny

what you don't like my tails now? i put a lot of work into those!
i know i know! im not saying these are bad...but not as cool as red clears I know you gave them up for good reason, but that doesnt mean its sad to watch them go
Old 12-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Custom User Title...

definately is sad.

much better than amber/orange still imo.

sxn, whachu think of the other ideas? just ideas so feel free to hate on them.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:14 PM
SXN

why hate, ideas are ideas for a reason, new out there, they gotta get thought up some how. Im thinking that simply redding them out is a good look, but its going to get booooring after a while a 97 trunk lid is an option, but obviously...you need to buy a trunk lid, and thats not cheap and you just would use that money you got from selling your tails. Skyline mod is cool, but not always that sexy on a white car (i looked at your car domain page...i never knew you were an auto just like me ) so you could go ahead and do something new! a while ago, a new user asked me about wiring tails, because he had bought a set of skyline tails. he got them and started an install....never heard from him again. What about JDM tails....cefiro or maybe i30 (those arent as cool) start brain storming and photo chopping!
Old 12-11-2003, 08:18 PM
Custom User Title...

to be honest, i got a little bored with the red/clears too. they definately look clean and nice, but just sorta bland. call me crazy, but in the end, they're only tail lights. no pun intended...
Old 12-11-2003, 08:22 PM

i think u should've kept them.... they look so much better. I'd never sell mine unless I was selling the car....

to be honest, i got a little bored with the red/clears too. they definately look clean and nice, but just sorta bland. call me crazy, but in the end, they're only tail lights. no pun intended...
Old 12-11-2003, 08:25 PM

definately is sad.

much better than amber/orange still imo.

sxn, whachu think of the other ideas? just ideas so feel free to hate on them.
I concur, I like the amber in the tails.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Custom User Title...

Originally Posted by maximaxgtr
i think u should've kept them.... they look so much better. I'd never sell mine unless I was selling the car....

oh don't tease and tempt me while i still have them! our cars look pretty similar aside from your body kit and lack of wheel gap.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:35 PM
SXN

if you want to see them man... sell them. but honestly, they are majorly rare, if i got a set for the 95-96s, i wouldnt let it go. i can understand getting bored with it over time...but where is your better option?
Old 12-11-2003, 10:08 PM
Custom User Title...

grrrr. i just did a decent photoshop with the reverse section smoked out, and got rid of my wheel gap but it froze and shutdown before i saved it! grrr

if i ever want to get clears again, i'll track down the 2 or 3 guys i've seen around who have them and offer them $150 or something. until then, blah.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:42 PM
V^___^V

gosh i hate you!

j/k looks really nice

really? then i'll trade my altezzas with your red/clears
Old 12-11-2003, 10:43 PM
SXN

happy rice, get outta here just steal someone else's set Jepht20
Old 12-12-2003, 07:56 AM

Just so you know, I have read the faq thank you
Old 12-12-2003, 09:30 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I know where you got them, how could you sell them????? a favor was done to you bye giving you these lights at the price he did, and now your gonna sell them for a prophit? the guy you got them from could use the money im sure of that. Have you no dignity? Besides that you will SOOOOOOOOOOO regret it. you got them for 120 bucks, and there are people paying over 330 for em. Thats just douchy.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Custom User Title...

i bought them, touched them up because they were pinkish when i got them, but yes i got a great price. however, it's christmas time and i can barely pay my bills now and still need to buy gifts. i thanked the guy who sold me these many times and he got the price he asked for. i didn't rip him off, i did what i had to do now. i don't really want to sell them but i need the money. i didn't buy them just so i could get more money, but if i had, it's not your business anyways to tell me what's right and wrong. don't go calling people douchy when it doesn't concern you. i'm not an *** who is trying to rip people off. i'm trying to not think of myself by selling something i love to be able to afford gifts for my family and friends and you're turning it around on me trying to make me feel bad? thanks
Old 12-12-2003, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by maximagtr420
I know where you got them, how could you sell them????? a favor was done to you bye giving you these lights at the price he did, and now your gonna sell them for a prophit? the guy you got them from could use the money im sure of that. Have you no dignity? Besides that you will SOOOOOOOOOOO regret it. you got them for 120 bucks, and there are people paying over 330 for em. Thats just douchy.

wait, so hes a douche for selling them??? they are just lights, and i remember when he got these he said that he wasnt sure if he liked them after all. if you read back in the thread he said they were just sort of bland. AND, the kid has bills that need to be paid...and gifts that need to be bought. and big deal if you knwo the guy, jeff is selling them for a profit as anyone would...thats free market capitalism pal...if you dont like it move to france, pinko
Old 12-12-2003, 11:56 AM

HAHA move to france, thats funny, anyway i wasnt call him a douch i just thought selling them right after you bought them for a big profit was a little douchy. My bad, they are yours, not mine, i was just stating an opinion. I do know that opinions arent welcome here on the good ole org. No offence jepht. wasnt trying to insult you. We all have bills, and you will do what you need to do. I guess i just cant understand why you would want to sell the sexxiest most hard to get tails for our car. Once again no offence meant. and good luck. hope everything works out for ya.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:08 PM

I do know that opinions arent welcome here on the good ole org.
HAHAHAHAHA, oh man thats funny...and yet so true.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:03 PM
SXN

i just thought selling them right after you bought them for a big profit was a little douchy.
right after? he had them for a while, and now he needs money. stop being such a little girl... i think you would like france, i hear its nice this time of year
Old 12-12-2003, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by SXN
right after? he had them for a while, and now he needs money. stop being such a little girl... i think you would like france, i hear its nice this time of year

wait cough cough your from San Fran and your calling me a little girl?

I did correct myself, if you can read..... I wasnt calling him a douche. and it is his business what he does with his things, i was just stating my opinion i was in no way trying to dis him.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:30 PM

read my post i was more shocked that he got such a great deal on them and wants to get rid of them, thats all, it came out the wrong way though.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:32 PM
SXN

wait cough cough your from San Fran and your calling me a little girl?.
if you have a problem with gay people, that is your issue.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:10 PM

... or possibly painting them all red, rewiring them to be another brake, parking, or alternating blinker. and then rig up some reverse lights somewhere. that would require a lot of thought, but i'm sure it can be done without too much work.

i'll try to start photochoppin to see what looks best.

if anyone else who's good with photoshop wants to give it a whirl, feel free!
Hey Jeph,

I think that is an interesting idea, I had a similar thought in my head as well. I know I cannot afford that big money for red/clears (over $250, I even do not dream about the price you paid), but I ain't crazy with my altezzas either. However, I can squeeze out some time and will probably undertake such project in summer, but those are only thoughts.....
Old 12-12-2003, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by SXN
if you have a problem with gay people, that is your issue.

I dont have problems with anybody, i had a problem with you trying to be a tough guy and call someone a little girl. so get over it, i appoligized for the way i came off, and i certainly didnt insult you, so why do you feel the need to insult me?
Old 12-12-2003, 07:19 PM
SXN

even your apology had a condescending tone. oh im sorry someone on the internet upset you cry me a river
Old 12-12-2003, 07:26 PM

yep thats me Mr. Condescending, wouldnt you be if someone insulted you? listen bro, i dont look for trouble, not in person, not online, i come in here to learn and talk about Maxima's so if your gonna continue this stupid discussion rock on.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:30 PM
SXN

people insult me all the time, you called me gay, didnt bug me. i dont get my panties in a bunch about it. i do like your car, and since you have red/clears, what would you suggest to Jepht20
Old 12-12-2003, 07:53 PM
Custom User Title...

can't we all just get along?

someone with photochop skills, can you smoke out the reverse section for me, or completely red it out i'll do it later, just figured some of you are awesome with it and can whip it up fast.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:57 PM
SXN

we're actually working on it Jepht

lemme take a pic of your car and tint the reverse light
Old 12-12-2003, 08:14 PM
SXN

here u go, nothing special, just a mild tint, lighter than dallas tails, but darker than stock, it can always go darker if u want.

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER
Old 12-12-2003, 08:21 PM
SXN

One more comparison

STOCK

MILD TINT

DARKER TINT
Old 12-12-2003, 10:31 PM
Custom User Title...

wow not bad...i think it looks pretty good. i think i'm gonna do that and the dtm. what do you guys think? thanks for doin that man...
Old 12-12-2003, 10:40 PM
SXN

mild difference to be honest, and you could go darker... anything else you wanna see?
Old 12-13-2003, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by SXN
mild difference to be honest, and you could go darker... anything else you wanna see?
I thought all lights red, and then reverse lights at both sides of the license plate on the bumper, you think you'd have time to try that out in Photoshop?
Old 12-14-2003, 02:21 AM
SXN

Original picture....thanks whoever's car it is, i forgot

Now, reded out...sorry its not a perfect match
Old 12-14-2003, 02:24 AM
SXN

Now...you wanted reverse lights by the license plate on the bumper (honestly, a really ugly place to put them, but here goes)

Option 1, from a sentra

Option 2, fog lights off a car pic i had...they look fine

Option 3, same lens as option 2, but squished
Old 12-14-2003, 10:57 AM

Hmm, looks interesting, great Photoshop job btw!

I don't even know which design I like best or if I like then at all. It would be much easier to cut and mount them on bumper for a home mechanic. I kinda like Sentra thing.

Do you have any ideas for mounting them on trunk. I thought maybe like a thin string of white LEDs beneith the lights on the trunk...

Quick Reply: became one of the privileged finally! 95 red/clears!