4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Pics of my Max on new website

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 02:20 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Driven2ride
If you want to stand out, might as well just paint it bright pink. Theres a reason why car manufacturers don't usually produce yellow cars. They dont sell... no one wants them.. i'll give you mad props on being original.... i like the kit and everything. I cant wait to get my 98 Max GLE, soon--- and start modding it... have you done any interior mods?
Pink is for girls.(although I do have a buddy who tried that on a blazer.) The reasons you stated are the reasons I did it. I got keyed(it used to be Pearl White) and had to do a full paint job. To me, it made no sense to repaint the entire car, add bodykit. wing, wheels,etc. and have a factory paint job. All that money and time in mods and none in paint. Maximas don't come yellow from the factory so I painted mine yellow. I didn't want it to look like all I painted was the kit to match the car. I wanted the work of the painter to stand out. So first you notice the color, then you notice the bodykit etc. I respect your opinion and appreciate the compliments, and to answer your questions I have done minor things like indiglow guages and tv's but nothing major because I compete street class DB Drag and that doesn't allow alot of major mods. For example, I can change seats, but the seats I replace the factory ones with have to factory equivalents and racing seats kinda fall in a grey area.(because they're supposed to be lighter and lighter could mean less dense and less dense could cause more spl etc.) I 'm actually goin to do basic cosmetics soon(headliner, floor etc.) just to bring the new look back to the car.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by maxNYC
i like the color but im not a fan of the spinners. I guess my styling is more on the conservative side but it looks like you poured your heart into the car.

Thanks for the compliments.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:04 PM

Took me about 30 minutes to read all the hate.

What a lot of you guys need to understand about FOEs Max is that its custom. I dig it. Totally diffent and I see his car as art!

I used to be into lowriders w/ hydros and candy paint. I owned one. Foetay IMHO is bringing the lowrider art into Euro style with a twist and I can see where he is coming from. Majority of you guys here are more into speed and racing your Max's and brag about time slips. Look at his ride and it is more about art and custom work. The work he has done to it inside and out take time and creation. Which I am sure not a lot of you guys can apperciate!! Me I can. Do I like his car? I like it,,, I can see where he is comein with it from.
Foetray,
Bro keep up the work, I know you busted your a$$ on this car.

And for the others here. Candy paint once painted onto the car and try to touch up or match up is really hard. So yea it is true,,, candy paint is expensive and love the sparkels it puts out.

Forget what others say here if it is negitive. I would not doubt you be in the lowrider or euro import magz very soon.

Keep it up man.
Old 12-06-2003, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Shift
Took me about 30 minutes to read all the hate.

What a lot of you guys need to understand about FOEs Max is that its custom. I dig it. Totally diffent and I see his car as art!

I used to be into lowriders w/ hydros and candy paint. I owned one. Foetay IMHO is bringing the lowrider art into Euro style with a twist and I can see where he is coming from. Majority of you guys here are more into speed and racing your Max's and brag about time slips. Look at his ride and it is more about art and custom work. The work he has done to it inside and out take time and creation. Which I am sure not a lot of you guys can apperciate!! Me I can. Do I like his car? I like it,,, I can see where he is comein with it from.
Foetray,
Bro keep up the work, I know you busted your a$$ on this car.

And for the others here. Candy paint once painted onto the car and try to touch up or match up is really hard. So yea it is true,,, candy paint is expensive and love the sparkels it puts out.

Forget what others say here if it is negitive. I would not doubt you be in the lowrider or euro import magz very soon.

Keep it up man.
Thanks for the kind words, cuz. Those come few and far between for me around here.
Old 12-06-2003, 04:53 AM
Master Will

sounds like one of my threads..........all the hate and bashing.........I have a twin...................
Old 12-06-2003, 05:44 AM

yeah, nice max... not my flava but then again it isn't my car. just keep doin what u doin and if people don't like it at least they'll be lookin at it. after all the "not so kind" words from some of the org guys makes me reconsider postin pics of my ride when i get done wid it. hehe... btw... i used to have 19's on my max and they looked bigger than your dubs but hey... pics can be deceiving... i took them off because i was getting tired of getting dusted by 1988 geo metros.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:38 AM

That wing...! Your killing that Max...IMO.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:47 PM
be the change u want2C

One Question, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

You dont put spinners on a Yellow car, Change the color to Dark red Or super black it would be cool
Old 12-06-2003, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ni_Nos_Maxima
One Question, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

You dont put spinners on a Yellow car, Change the color to Dark red Or super black it would be cool
Who don't? YOU don't. I think it's cool like it sits. Red and black are too common.
I guess I'm just not a common person.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by JeremyMarkham
That wing...! Your killing that Max...IMO.
Most of the ones who have done nothing cosmetic bash me for doin everything cosmetic- is there a connection to this hatred? Probably.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:27 PM

Thats a very unqiue car...
Old 12-06-2003, 04:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i have already commented on that car in another thread. i am practising "tolerance." and that is about all i will say further.
Old 12-06-2003, 05:27 PM

You should try to do the skyline look tails. That would look better then the altezzas. I have got to say that realistically, a stock spoiler looks fine rather then that hunk of metal. Its a fun ride for show and it stands out.

How much security do you have on it? Probably have proximity sensors to keep the rims blinging from punks touchin' them.

Another question:
Is it a daily driver?
Old 12-06-2003, 06:01 PM
Just the tip.

Yeah, good question, "Is it a daily driver?"
I couldn't drive that on the road everyday....it's too pretty. I wouldn't want to scratch the paint or get any door dings.

Nice work Foetray. Lookin good.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:08 PM

Just got finished reading this thread...whoa!
Old 12-06-2003, 09:16 PM
Who

Its one thing to for people to stare at you car and think "wow cool" but it's a totally different think when they stare and think "Oh my god...hahahahahah look at that"

If you wanted ppl to look at your car you should have just bought some of that fur that they used on the van in dumb and dumber and cover your whole car.

I could never understand why ppl seem to like oversized rims....they look so dumb....I thought you wanted to be different...seems like your just following the crowd. Yours even comes with pretty pinwheels like the ones I made in kindergarten.

ITS A MAXIMA FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. If you were to paint your ferrari that color I might say good job man but that color does nothing for the max....its like you're try to be a sports car but everybody knows it's not. I'm sure you could have come up with another unique color or maybe even a combination of colors that would have looked much better on the car. I'm thinking if you really wanted yellow then one with a slight bit more red in it would have probably been better...kinda like this

instead of this

I know you want to be noticed so you put on an gigantic wing on the car...but did it have to be a gigantic UGLY wing? If you like big wings you should really look for a better looking one than that.....it looks like something I would make with playdough.

At last something I like The body kit looks pretty cool...minus the paint job of course. Are those chrome side mirrors(the yellow glare is in my eyes)? Those look quite good also.

You got some work to do before you get the "wow cool" from the majority cause in the end that is what you were looking for when you started modding. Hmmm...I suppose if the majoriy where you live thinks its cool then I guess you're all set.

If you want to see what I would call cool...check out this guy's car...he got the unique but cool stuff
Araffio's Max

Well that's it for my opinion...hope it wasn't too harsh....just telling it as it is.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:20 PM
vsamoylov

not my style. whatever floats your boat man.

Old 12-06-2003, 09:23 PM

Golden shower.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by JeremyMarkham
Just got finished reading this thread...whoa!
hater #1 come on down!
Old 12-07-2003, 12:37 AM
SXN

Originally Posted by foetray
When did people start looking at this thread again? Oh, well, here we go. I feel fine driving it down the road. Cheap *** paint? For those who fail to comprehend(namely you) it's Kandy. Kandy... cheap... not in the same sentence until I just typed it. I probably have more money in paint than you have in your whole damn car. you don't like it - cool - one less person to try to duplicate it. Suggestion: stop looking at my car and see a doctor about all that puking your are doing. It was probably just something you ate.(Your girl.) You are what you eat, ya know?
holy christ! let this thread die...pleeeaase
Old 12-07-2003, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by skiboarder72
Thats a very unqiue car...
Thanks, I think.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:39 AM
SXN

hater #1 come on down!
number one? that was probably me
Old 12-07-2003, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by JNCoRacer
Yeah, good question, "Is it a daily driver?"
I couldn't drive that on the road everyday....it's too pretty. I wouldn't want to scratch the paint or get any door dings.

Nice work Foetray. Lookin good.
Thanks. Yep, it's a daily driver(as much as I hate it.)
Old 12-07-2003, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by SXN
number one? that was probably me
Yeah, you did start this ****, didn't you? The first step on the road to recovery is admission. At least you're a reformed hater who can respect the work put into the car even if you don't like the finished product.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Who
Its one thing to for people to stare at you car and think "wow cool" but it's a totally different think when they stare and think "Oh my god...hahahahahah look at that"

If you wanted ppl to look at your car you should have just bought some of that fur that they used on the van in dumb and dumber and cover your whole car.

I could never understand why ppl seem to like oversized rims....they look so dumb....I thought you wanted to be different...seems like your just following the crowd. Yours even comes with pretty pinwheels like the ones I made in kindergarten.

ITS A MAXIMA FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. If you were to paint your ferrari that color I might say good job man but that color does nothing for the max....its like you're try to be a sports car but everybody knows it's not. I'm sure you could have come up with another unique color or maybe even a combination of colors that would have looked much better on the car. I'm thinking if you really wanted yellow then one with a slight bit more red in it would have probably been better...kinda like this

instead of this

I know you want to be noticed so you put on an gigantic wing on the car...but did it have to be a gigantic UGLY wing? If you like big wings you should really look for a better looking one than that.....it looks like something I would make with playdough.

At last something I like The body kit looks pretty cool...minus the paint job of course. Are those chrome side mirrors(the yellow glare is in my eyes)? Those look quite good also.

You got some work to do before you get the "wow cool" from the majority cause in the end that is what you were looking for when you started modding. Hmmm...I suppose if the majoriy where you live thinks its cool then I guess you're all set.

If you want to see what I would call cool...check out this guy's car...he got the unique but cool stuff
Araffio's Max

Well that's it for my opinion...hope it wasn't too harsh....just telling it as it is.
I guess since you say that's the way it is that's it huh? Wrong. That may be how you see it, but that's in your world. Hell, I know what I drive - I paid for it. I didn't build my car to get the "hey that's cool!" or the "wow cool" from the majority. I built it to satisfy one person - the guy who bought it - me. The guy who spent hours working earning the money to mod it. The guy who put the time in putting it together. I made one very huge mistake as I see it and that's postin' pics on this site before lookin at the mods that were being performed by the people on it. Not sayin' that I probably wouldn't have still posted a pic, but I would have at least known this would happen beforehand. I would have known I was different - as if I didn't already know that - but I didn't know I was different from what the idea of a modded max was. I only joined the org because I was told (by a member who liked my car at Nopi Nat's) that it was a great source of information and full of people who love maxima's. What he didn't tell me is the haters will hang you like a witch in old Salem. I didn't join for anyone here's approval of my car and I don't need it. I normally let the "I don't like it" remarks go, because everyone has a right to their opinion, but you act like I committed a sin or somethin'. Like I broke some rule of moddin' my car. The only rules I follow with my car are mine - why? - because I paid for it. I put on it what I LIKE and could give a damn what you think is cool. I got lots of respect for the other cars on this site modded differently from mine. (Sadler, Arrafio, and Metallic's to name a few) It's obvious I wouldn't do it to mine, but I can still repect the time and work put into it. No disrespect to anyone, but it's all beginning to look like the same mods - different color to me. You mentioned unique styling but how unique would I really be if my car looked like Sadler's just different color? Same kit, taillights etc. just different stereo, or color? It's not about bein' a "ricer" or "conservative" to me, because I build show cars for the sport of it. Hell, until I joined I didn't even know I was or am a ricer. But if my style is that of a ricer then so be it. This is my style- it's me - and I can't change it and wouldn't if I could.

Two questions:
1.Where are the pics of your car?
2.If you were making $1000 pinwheels in kindergarten, why the hell do you drive a Maxima?

You thought I wanted to be different. What you didn't know is I already am.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by djjammin144
You should try to do the skyline look tails. That would look better then the altezzas. I have got to say that realistically, a stock spoiler looks fine rather then that hunk of metal. Its a fun ride for show and it stands out.

How much security do you have on it? Probably have proximity sensors to keep the rims blinging from punks touchin' them.

Another question:
Is it a daily driver?
Thanks. How much security? You plannin' somethin'? Just kidding. I'm actually planning to change the tails to 97-99 just don't know if I want to try somethin' different with 3rd gen altezzas or red/clear LED's. Oh yeah, and it is a daily driver.
Old 12-07-2003, 05:05 AM
Master Will

Maxima.org Home Of The Maxima Haters!
Old 12-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Who

The only rules I follow with my car are mine - why? - because I paid for it. I put on it what I LIKE and could give a damn what you think is cool.
So why the hell did you ask for opinions...this thread was a good waste of time then.

I didn't build my car to get the "hey that's cool!" or the "wow cool" from the majority. I built it to satisfy one person - the guy who bought it - me.
You weren't looking for opinions man....you were looking for "wow cool" from the majority.I suppose you would also be looking to satisfy yourself also. But if your only concern was yourself you would not have bothered to upload images of your car or put in music that can be heard 5 blocks away...now would you?

I'm not bashing your car cause I'm jealous or anything. I'm totally jealous of araffio's max and I wouldn't say a bad thing about it..unless he does something stupid of course. I gave credit where I thought credit was due...oh yeah I forgot to mention...the the air vents on the sides look pretty good also. I still hate the paint color and the spoiler...rims aren't that bad considering it's for show.

Pics of my car would look pretty much stock since I'm spending money on the things that matter to me(performance) just like you spent on the stuff that matters to you. And not to mention, you seem to have alot more money on your hands than I do. The other reason is that I haven't found a decent setting to take pics....much of the area around me is bush as you'll see in the pic below.

Old 12-07-2003, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Who
So why the hell did you ask for opinions...this thread was a good waste of time then.

You weren't looking for opinions man....you were looking for "wow cool" from the majority.I suppose you would also be looking to satisfy yourself also. But if your only concern was yourself you would not have bothered to upload images of your car or put in music that can be heard 5 blocks away...now would you?

I'm not bashing your car cause I'm jealous or anything. I'm totally jealous of araffio's max and I wouldn't say a bad thing about it..unless he does something stupid of course. I gave credit where I thought credit was due...oh yeah I forgot to mention...the the air vents on the sides look pretty good also. I still hate the paint color and the spoiler...rims aren't that bad considering it's for show.

Pics of my car would look pretty much stock since I'm spending money on the things that matter to me(performance) just like you spent on the stuff that matters to you. And not to mention, you seem to have alot more money on your hands than I do. The other reason is that I haven't found a decent setting to take pics....much of the area around me is bush as you'll see in the pic below.

Check my site man. It's a DB Drag racer, too. In order to compete DB Drag you must have a loud stereo. It's a requirement unless you like losing.

I'll say it once more - I built my car to satisfy me. Damn a "wow cool" from the majority. I posted pics because I thought it was the thing to do - because I'm proud of the work I've done and wanted other enthusiasts to see it. So that if I do give an opinion or advice on something people can see that I have modded my car and been through some things while doin' it. So that if I should happen to be at a meet or show members who know me here will recognize me and maybe speak. Since cars are what bring us together here, it only made sense to post a pic of the car to maybe help the chances of meeting the other people on the site. Like now that I've seen the cars that some of the members here drive on here and talked to them online, if or when I see them at shows I can say"
hey so and so I'm foetray and Iv'e talked to you on the org" and maybe they'll do the same. I asked for opinions cuz I knew by postin' a pic I'd get them anyway. Same as drivin' it down the road but on here I actually know what's bein said and can respond. I don't seek any approval or disapproval from anyone because I know I'm gonna do what I like regardless of what anybody says. You may not be jealous, but then again I don't recall sayin' you were. I think your bashing my car because it's not what you expected to see when you first read the thread.(or maybe cuz you just don't like it) That's cool. If you want to give credit where credit is do - cool. But I feel I deserve a little credit for the workmanship of the car even if it is ugly to everyone else. That's Kandy Yellow. A color you won't find in any paint book. Trust me - I looked. You may find gold, but there is no yellow. There are a lot of things about this car that make it unique and the bodykit, wing, tailights and fenders aren't on the list because they are mass produced. That color is one of a kind and you'll only find it on one car - mine. Again, I give much respect to all the modded maximas here, but just like when I modded mine I didn't want to look like every factory Max on the street, I don't want to look like every modded Max on here - and no offense but I'm glad I don't. If you feel this thread is a waste of time, then stop wasting yours in it. Hope I'm not too harsh, but that's just how it is. We can be cool(ask SXN) as long as you understand your're not goin' to do these long drawn out posts bashing my car and me not respond. Thanks for your input.
Old 12-07-2003, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by metallic97gxe
Maxima.org Home Of The Maxima Haters!
You can say that **** again! Whatever happened to respect for the work done? I'm glad my car doesn't look like yours, aren't you?
Old 12-07-2003, 03:00 PM
SXN

no offense foetray, but metallic97gxe's car doesnt look bad at all. im glad MY car doesnt look like your's
Old 12-07-2003, 03:22 PM
ivelweyz

Jeez how did I not see this earlier. Every single one of the cars you have on the page looks like a piece of crap on chrome wheels. You said to tell you what I think and I will. First, spinners on a max is like like a thong on a 300lb woman. Second, the wing is a bit OVERDONE. I agree that a max without a SPOILER, not wing, looks kinda boring. But that thing wouldn't look good on anything. Third, the color is way too flashy for a max. You think it looks good but you are wrong. Bright colors only look good on certain types of cars, maxima not being one of them. Lambos, Ferraris, Saleens yes, Maxima no. Especially your max since it's probably slower that my my old man's 95 SOHC saturn. You are tying to give the car an image that doesn't look good. Get a "pimp" car, something from the 80's that looks good with chrome. You have the WORST looking max I've ever seen. There is even a yellow max in the Mischief Destroy video and that one isn't all looking like yours. Everything I said is the truth, you're just in denial or have some mental defects. I'll add on as I feel I need to...

Old 12-07-2003, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by ivelweyz
Jeez how did I not see this earlier. Every single one of the cars you have on the page looks like a piece of crap on chrome wheels. You said to tell you what I think and I will. First, spinners on a max is like like a thong on a 300lb woman. Second, the wing is a bit OVERDONE. I agree that a max without a SPOILER, not wing, looks kinda boring. But that thing wouldn't look good on anything. Third, the color is way too flashy for a max. You think it looks good but you are wrong. Bright colors only look good on certain types of cars, maxima not being one of them. Lambos, Ferraris, Saleens yes, Maxima no. Especially your max since it's probably slower that my my old man's 95 SOHC saturn. You are tying to give the car an image that doesn't look good. Get a "pimp" car, something from the 80's that looks good with chrome. You have the WORST looking max I've ever seen. There is even a yellow max in the Mischief Destroy video and that one isn't all looking like yours. Everything I said is the truth, you're just in denial or have some mental defects. I'll add on as I feel I need to...
gotta' love that honesty. welcome back and yes the chrome spinners are...
POOOP
Old 12-07-2003, 03:37 PM
SXN

ivelweyz to the rescue to put some sense in this thread finally
Old 12-07-2003, 04:04 PM

hate became tolerance

i was one of the first people in this thread to bash the yellow maxima. i went through different feelings thereafter, thinking, perhaps, i was too harsh and judgemental. and i still don't like the car. but the craftsmanship is very high; it is well done.

ironically, for such a hated car, it has gotten the most hits of a car pic thread i have yet seen. so foetray is getting what he wants.
Old 12-07-2003, 04:59 PM
SXN

well i only posted here because he kept calling me a racist
Old 12-07-2003, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by SXN
well i only posted here because he kept calling me a racist
if he really went there, then it is a spent excuse. we all bleed red.
Old 12-07-2003, 05:59 PM
SXN

i said something was "ghetto", and he flipped on me for 2 pages. its the past for a reason, i want this thread to die
Old 12-07-2003, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by SXN
i said something was "ghetto", and he flipped on me for 2 pages. its the past for a reason, i want this thread to die
i freely use that word in describing that look. it is just not "P.C." the reality is that it simply reveals the truth. and who likes hearing that these days in the age of denial and entitlement?

where is jeff? hey jeff, lock the thread. where are you? kill this for us. use your powers of castle greyskull and put this to sleep.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:13 PM

hater #1 come on down!
No, Foo-TRAY.

Quick Reply: Pics of my Max on new website