4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Im Almost Done...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 10:22 AM

Im Almost Done...

well, ive been thinking alot lately, and ive decided that I am pretty much done modding my car. i currently have 96 max se with intake, y-pipe, 300zx tt wheels, red calipers, black housing headlights, 5% tint, 5.6 in lcd monitors in headrests, ps2 in glove box, and an fm-modulator. the only other thing i am planning to do is some suspension work. ever since my clutch slave cylinder failed, all i really care about is having a reliable car that will get me from here to there, also i am moving into a diff apartment soon, and i need the extra money. has anyone else experienced this feeling before??? dont get me wrong, i love modded cars, and i will always be a tuner at heart, but i think my priorities are just changing a little bit....
Old 10-28-2003, 12:59 PM

the whole idea of modding is to have a car that is:
1) the way you want it
2) unique
3) combination of reliability and performance

that is it in a nutshell. While there are other people who might be similar to your car, you have met all 3 criteria......so untill something else comes out on to the market that you like, or you are inspired to create another unique add-on......you are happy with your car so far.

good job, and keep us posted on anything you do in the future.
Old 10-28-2003, 02:09 PM

one great thing about a maxima is the fact that two mods (just an example... intake/y-pipe) will keep me at least as fast if not faster than most sport compacts with 3 or even 4 times as much money invested. if something comes up in the future, i might throw a few more things on here and there, but for the most part, i am done... i will definately still be an active member of the org, because it is always great to see nicely and tastefully modded vehicles out there. and i must say after being a part of many different clubs/org's. i must say that you all (maxima.org members) are true enthusiasts, not "fast+furious" bandwagoners with altezzas, spoilers, and fart cans. and even though i havent really done much to my car, you guys really did help my car become what it is now. (with diy write-ups, tips, advice, and support...) thanks to all