4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Gauging Interest? Gas Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 08:34 PM

Gauging Interest? Gas Cover?

I was woundering, I have never seen anything but Stickers for Our Gas Cover on the Maxima's, DO you guys know of any where to find Real(Not Stickers Acual piece) Aluminum Bolt pattern Gas Cover? Guys im not saying Gas Cap, so pleas no confusion. Let me give you an example if you dont Understand, You know the Gas Covers that the new Eclipse's have, Like that, I think those would look so pimp on our maxima's. Im sick of finding only these stupied stickers! I want an Acual Bolt on Piece! Help............
Old 10-29-2003, 09:08 PM

atta way to answer his question!
Old 10-30-2003, 06:12 AM

I think it would be pimp as $hlT, dont hate on my opinion, oh and i wasn't look for yours etheir, I just wanted to know if anybody knew where i could find some.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:12 AM

easiest thing to do would to be measure our door....and find a same size for a truck or car.

If i get one, i am going to paint it super black. I like that stealth look, and feel that the smae car color would help to de-rice the ricer addon......however, if ricing and blinging is your thing..... go for it

and btw.....they are called racing gas caps/doors
Old 10-30-2003, 07:25 AM
MaximaFreak

Originally Posted by slammed95
Well, after seeing his profile it makes sense. Trenz grill and altezza lights.
See, I'm not the only one who thinks so ...
Old 10-30-2003, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Big_Ham
See, I'm not the only one who thinks so ...

Looks a hell lot better than your ugly @ss clears... Man what the hell? Big_Ham you moron! You have GenII's also you big ***! Why are you trying to act like you are with slammed?
Old 10-30-2003, 08:23 AM

Stock ='s NO for my Show... Wait a few months though, once I get off leave, I will have some extra Money. This is when the mods will start coming in faster.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:43 AM
Master Will

my idea a was different..here..

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/24211/2
Old 10-30-2003, 10:11 AM
MaximaFreak

Originally Posted by Tight_Whip
Looks a hell lot better than your ugly @ss clears... Man what the hell? Big_Ham you moron! You have GenII's also you big ***! Why are you trying to act like you are with slammed?
I'm almost starting to feel bad for you. Every time you type on your keyboard it looks like a 13-14 year old is posting. The fact you are in our armed forces is even more disturbing. That said, I'm really hoping they can teach you something. You obviously don't listen to anyone in here, but maybe your drill seargant will have a little more luck.

Now, what are these "clears" you're speaking of that are so ugly on my car? I have a dark colored car, so I chose Gen2's with a dark colored housing to help blend in. I dig the LED rings on the Gen 2's and my Gen2's in particluar are really growing on me. It's the chrome/mirrored look that I despise. Additionally I did suspension work on my car BEFORE rims so my car doesn't look like the Mystery Machine. Basically I think your car looks like crap, and I think slammed and I are entitled to that.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:16 AM

hmmmm, wasn't talking about your car buddy. Oh, and i was saying why are you cracking on my car when your's has Gen II's just as mine does, you're the one who is sounding more like a 12 y/o when all you can do it put someone down? Hey buddy, You're making your self sound Like an @ss Hole... Im not the one ruining my reputation you are... LOL.... You sound like a monumentally challanged person in life.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:21 AM

Oh, you think my car looks like crap on the exterrior huh? LOL, do I care what you and your butt buddy say. Everyone i've talked to says they love my car. Oh and if you dont want to belive that Story, then belive statistics, my car has 5 Star Rating on Exterrior apeal...
Old 10-30-2003, 10:24 AM

I'm almost starting to feel bad for you. Every time you type on your keyboard it looks like a 13-14 year old is posting. The fact you are in our armed forces is even more disturbing. That said, I'm really hoping they can teach you something. You obviously don't listen to anyone in here, but maybe your drill seargant will have a little more luck.

Now, what are these "clears" you're speaking of that are so ugly on my car? I have a dark colored car, so I chose Gen2's with a dark colored housing to help blend in. I dig the LED rings on the Gen 2's and my Gen2's in particluar are really growing on me. It's the chrome/mirrored look that I despise. Additionally I did suspension work on my car BEFORE rims so my car doesn't look like the Mystery Machine. Basically I think your car looks like crap, and I think slammed and I are entitled to that.

Well, you obviously jump to conclusions way too fast. For one, you have no idea who you're speaking to. He's one of the bravest people you'll ever speak to. And another fact, he's certainly not 14 years old. And he's not going to the armed forces to learn anything, he's going to serve his country. And I don't blame him for not listening to your bull**** comments that you people give him on his car. If he likes it, just leave him alone. It certainly does not looked riced out IMO, it looks very elegant and nice.

To Slammed95,

You are jumping to conclusions also. His trenz and gen2's look exellent. I never liked gen2's at first, but when I saw them in person, I fell in love my friend. I'm helping him work on dropping his car also, you know. Everyone starts out somewhere. It's people like you that make the org unpleasant. Nicely done. You deserve a cookie, and a swift kick in the nuts.

Flaming over, have a nice day.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:38 AM
MaximaFreak

Originally Posted by GoalieKeg
Well, you obviously jump to conclusions way too fast. For one, you have no idea who you're speaking to. He's one of the bravest people you'll ever speak to. And another fact, he's certainly not 14 years old. And he's not going to the armed forces to learn anything, he's going to serve his country. And I don't blame him for not listening to your bull**** comments that you people give him on his car. If he likes it, just leave him alone. It certainly does not looked riced out IMO, it looks very elegant and nice.

To Slammed95,

You are jumping to conclusions also. His trenz and gen2's look exellent. I never liked gen2's at first, but when I saw them in person, I fell in love my friend. I'm helping him work on dropping his car also, you know. Everyone starts out somewhere. It's people like you that make the org unpleasant. Nicely done. You deserve a cookie, and a swift kick in the nuts.

Flaming over, have a nice day.
Ahhh, the two noob's teaming up on the vets. Nothing like when someone gets offended that someone else doesn't like the way their car looks. You guys can do whatever you want to your car as long as you think it looks good. I could really care less either way.

And brave doesn't make you bright. But that's already been established in this thread.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:43 AM

Ahhh, the two noob's teaming up on the vets. Nothing like when someone gets offended that someone else doesn't like the way their car looks. You guys can do whatever you want to your car as long as you think it looks good. I could really care less either way.

And brave doesn't make you bright. But that's already been established in this thread.
Really Big_ham, you dont care eh? Is that why your Face is rubed all over this Thread that isn't even about the Exterior looks of my car? Dude, are you retarded? Were yo ever smacked as a child? You should have been, cuz you have no self control, as you consistently prove. This thread is ONLY, to help me find real gas cover doors, not to know what anybody thinks or antyhing else nor do I really care(unless of course i ask for it).

Big_Ham you need to be banned. Maybe then they'll make an example of you and show others that This forum doesn't need yours nor their Negativity.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:50 AM

I don't care if you or anyone else has an opinion on my car, as I welcome them all the time, whether good or bad. But it's the way that you introduce your opinions on other people's cars that makes me think twice about some of the org members. I mean, our cars isn't even riced out one bit, and he's going for a show look, and I'm going for sleeper look! It's just like what you guys did to foetray, even though the wing has to go.... I'm guessing you're over 30, probably over 35 for that matter, and we're definitely younger than you. I personally like the clean look, and some elements of elegance, like the trenz and the gen2's. To me, gen2's are not ricey at all, thought the chrome ones are a little, but the LED ring more than makes up for that. I know that you don't care less, that's obvious by what you said earlier in this thread, and I hope that this can end right here and we can help each other out in the future, becuase this is a community, not a flame war.

If not for the org, I wouldn't have been able to do anything to my car, but once again people like you deserve a swift kick in the nuts from time to time.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:15 AM
MaximaFreak

Originally Posted by GoalieKeg
I don't care if you or anyone else has an opinion on my car, as I welcome them all the time, whether good or bad. But it's the way that you introduce your opinions on other people's cars that makes me think twice about some of the org members. I mean, our cars isn't even riced out one bit, and he's going for a show look, and I'm going for sleeper look! It's just like what you guys did to foetray, even though the wing has to go.... I'm guessing you're over 30, probably over 35 for that matter, and we're definitely younger than you. I personally like the clean look, and some elements of elegance, like the trenz and the gen2's. To me, gen2's are not ricey at all, thought the chrome ones are a little, but the LED ring more than makes up for that. I know that you don't care less, that's obvious by what you said earlier in this thread, and I hope that this can end right here and we can help each other out in the future, becuase this is a community, not a flame war.

If not for the org, I wouldn't have been able to do anything to my car, but once again people like you deserve a swift kick in the nuts from time to time.
Ummm ... ok.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:26 AM

The topic of this thread was about where you can find a "racing" gas cap cover.

The suggestions given are to not put the gay azz cover on your car. However, you're not willing to accept the fact that it's simply a stupid idea that may have seemed good at first.
You just don't want to end this do you?

I think it's a good addon to metallic97gxe's max, but I guess you're just not willing to accept the fact that it is a good idea, and it looks good too.

By the way, you don't like the way that the gas cap looks on the new eclipse? Yet again, your assinine personal preference just kicked in.

Can this end now?
Old 10-30-2003, 11:26 AM
Jedi Knight

Will posted a link that might help you.

good luck
Old 10-30-2003, 11:59 AM

Exactly, you think it's a good add-on, but it's not. Are you so stupid that you don't realize that high-end car companies have the ability to put whatever they want on their cars, yet none of them come with the things that ricers put on their cars?
It's a proven fact that these kinds of mods are done by people who can't afford to put on high quality, performance enhancing parts. Once they save enough to buy any little add-on, they buy it.

If it were a good idea, I'd be totally willing to accept it. I don't put anything on my car that doesn't add classy appeal, or enhances performance in some way.

OK, so you want to get into a ****ing match? Fine.

#1, HAVE YOU LOOKED AT MY MAX LATELY???? It's pretty damn clean.

#2, The dark Gen2 lights certainly look good, and they're not that cheap either, though I like red/clears better obviously. Like I said, he's more in SHOW, not go.

#3, Your "proven fact" is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. Am I running a universal muffler? I think not. Do I or Tight_Whip put cheap stuff on our cars? Thats definitely a no. Do we have Huge wings? you get the point....

#4, "These people" that you are refering to, I sure hope you're not refering to me or Tight_Whip, becuase you are jumping to conclusions once again about people you don't even know.

CALLING ME STUPID????? I have saved my money very carefully, and invested wisely in all my mods of my car, and so has Tight_Whip.

I research products for at LEAST 2 months before I buy anything for my car, and help Tight_Whip out too before he purchases anything.

You obviously are very wealthy since you have a Ferarri, and calling people names isn't very adultlike. As a matter of fact, you have the maturity level of a 12 year old. I am trying to have a conversation here, and you just have to go around like you own the place and call people "ricers" and "stupid."

You truly are a arrogant SOB, and you don't deserve the right to be called a maxima owner.

Please respond, becuase I would love to hear what you have to say about my car as well.

EDIT:
" think it's a good addon to metallic97gxe's max, but I guess you're just not willing to accept the fact that it is a good idea, and it looks good too. "

Do you know sarcasm when you see it?
Old 10-30-2003, 12:40 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Wow, whats the deal with some of your people on the .org lately?? i mean seriously. What happened to the old days of the .org when it was helpful and not full of such kids with minds incapable of normal conversation. Its sad to see the .org run-over by such kids lately.

Tight_whip and goalie keg- You guys need to realize that while you may think this is a good idea, you also have to realize that not everyone is going to like the idea. And if you cant face the fact that EVERYONE will not like your idea, then thats your deal. People have their own opinions and if you guys cant handle that, then you need to stop post-whoring with redundant flame wars...

And if you feel the need to flame, PM or contact me on AOL IM: Erick161, and i will be glad to take this up with you

With that said...

To the vets- Cmon guys, seriously, do you guys really need to be arguing with kids over something so stupid. Granted it made me laugh reading this thread, still, you guys can be more polite to the youngens! They just cant help themselves to a bowl full of rice...

Eric
Old 10-30-2003, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by 99Maxima5sp
Wow, whats the deal with some of your people on the .org lately?? i mean seriously. What happened to the old days of the .org when it was helpful and not full of such kids with minds incapable of normal conversation. Its sad to see the .org run-over by such kids lately.

Tight_whip and goalie keg- You guys need to realize that while you may think this is a good idea, you also have to realize that not everyone is going to like the idea. And if you cant face the fact that EVERYONE will not like your idea, then thats your deal. People have their own opinions and if you guys cant handle that, then you need to stop post-whoring with redundant flame wars...

And if you feel the need to flame, PM or contact me on AOL IM: Erick161, and i will be glad to take this up with you

With that said...

To the vets- Cmon guys, seriously, do you guys really need to be arguing with kids over something so stupid. Granted it made me laugh reading this thread, still, you guys can be more polite to the youngens! They just cant help themselves to a bowl full of rice...

Eric
you sound Dumber then they do, bro are you reading what they posted? They started to insult me before any of the arguing occured, Hey if im such a young gun then why am I out there Fighting for your freedoms buddy? Any how, I never argue or bash anyones opinon, Big_Ham and his butt buddy couldn'
t keep there RUDE mouths shut and WHile making a statment had to find the Rudiest way to put it. If they want to be heard they must be nicer. They could have said I wouldn't do that Tight_whip it wont look right, In stead of "WTF are you thinking! That would look retarded, like it does on the Eclipse." And then 1 post later commenting about my Trenz grille and my Gen II's....
Old 10-30-2003, 01:17 PM

With that said...

Eric

One thing that you need to realize is that I already stated that opinion dosn't matter to me. It's the way that the opinion is stated that makes me upset. Go and read the thread again so we get this resolved.

And one more thing, I have asked many times for this to end, but the "vets" have to keep bringing up assinine remarks. Who looks like the noob to you?

And like said before, GO BACK and read my previous posts, then everything will become clear to you.

This is a sad day for the org, "vets" are making a fool of themselves.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:18 PM
MaximaFreak

Originally Posted by Tight_Whip
you sound Dumber then they do, bro are you reading what they posted? They started to insult me before any of the arguing occured, Hey if im such a young gun then why am I out there Fighting for your freedoms buddy? Any how, I never argue or bash anyones opinon, Big_Ham and his butt buddy couldn'
t keep there RUDE mouths shut and WHile making a statment had to find the Rudiest way to put it. If they want to be heard they must be nicer. They could have said I wouldn't do that Tight_whip it wont look right, In stead of "WTF are you thinking! That would look retarded, like it does on the Eclipse." And then 1 post later commenting about my Trenz grille and my Gen II's....
You are the most confrontational and hypocrital person I have ever seen. When you IM'd me, you were saying how you don't bash anyone. All you've been doing this whole thread is bashing people because they don't like your gas-cover-rice-boy-chrome-altezza-4x4-suspension mod.

And if anyone here is butt buddies it's you and Goalie_Keg sizz'n each other's dizz's. Why don't you guys stick to your Rainbow club and leave modifying Maximas to people who know how to do it right.

(again)
Old 10-30-2003, 01:23 PM

You are the most confrontational and hypocrital person I have ever seen. When you IM'd me, you were saying how you don't bash anyone. All you've been doing this whole thread is bashing people because they don't like your gas-cover-rice-boy-chrome-altezza-4x4-suspension mod.

And if anyone here is butt buddies it's you and Goalie_Keg sizz'n each other's dizz's. Why don't you guys stick to your Rainbow club and leave modifying Maximas to people who know how to do it right.

(again)

You REALLY don't know what you're talking about. Keep on flaming, becuase it doesn't help at all. I certainly know that you're not a mature person now.

I was never owned, you are the one making a fool of yourself.

You are a piece of work.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:32 PM

I think its really lame when as soon as someone wants help on an idea people start talkin shyt to him and then start talkin shyt about his ride. I would be ashamed of myself. Its not even about how many posts you have on a forum its about respect...........
Old 10-30-2003, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tight_whip
Hey if im such a young gun then why am I out there Fighting for your freedoms buddy?
Ahh...you see, i was about to not even go on, but you had to throw this in. I mean seriously man, whats your deal? Does that have any relavence to this thread (not like its On Topic anyways)? Do i care that your enlisted? Absolutely not. Does that make me respect you anymore? Hell no. You need to realize that just because your enlisted doesnt mean ****. Hundreds of thousands of men and women are enlisted, its the men and women who go out and risk their lives for the good of this country that i respect and admire. Not the kids stationed at some base going to school. You sound like a fool. Its all good though, i know saying your enlisted probably makes you feel more manly, is that it? Its ok. One day you will learn. Hopefully the military will teach you a few things...

Eric
Old 10-30-2003, 01:36 PM

Don't get the gas cap. Ugly. On any car.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:42 PM

Ahh...you see, i was about to not even go on, but you had to throw this in. I mean seriously man, whats your deal? Does that have any relavence to this thread (not like its On Topic anyways)? Do i care that your enlisted? Absolutely not. Does that make me respect you anymore? Hell no. You need to realize that just because your enlisted doesnt mean ****. Hundreds of thousands of men and women are enlisted, its the men and women who go out and risk their lives for the good of this country that i respect and admire. Not the kids stationed at some base going to school. You sound like a fool. Its all good though, i know saying your enlisted probably makes you feel more manly, is that it? Its ok. One day you will learn. Hopefully the military will teach you a few things...

Eric

Yes, what he said was off topic, but...

BLAH! CAN'T THIS JUST END?
Old 10-30-2003, 01:51 PM

99Maxima5Spd, Its not like he'll stay stateside forever. They pick you at random to get deployed, and when you go you dont stay there forever either, you come back, thats when you just do your everyday thing here in the states and go to school if you want. The fact that he put himself in a position to randomly get picked to deploy over is very noble and respectable!!!! B/C you never know when its going to happen. It happened to me 1 month after getting married w/ 3 days notice. I think your out of place to talk shyt to him. Thats like me sayin "Bag my groceries you lil bish" since you are a cashier. But i wouldnt do that b/c i have more respect than that.......
Old 10-30-2003, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by ohannon7
99Maxima5Spd, Its not like he'll stay stateside forever. They pick you at random to get deployed, and when you go you dont stay there forever either, you come back, thats when you just do your everyday thing here in the states and go to school if you want. The fact that he put himself in a position to randomly get picked to deploy over is very noble and respectable!!!! B/C you never know when its going to happen. It happened to me 1 month after getting married w/ 3 days notice. I think your out of place to talk shyt to him. Thats like me sayin "Bag my groceries you lil bish" since you are a cashier. But i wouldnt do that b/c i have more respect than that.......

I have to disagree somewhat. The way he said it was what i took offense too. Its admirable to join the military, but i do not respect anyone who throws it in my face "oh, im protecting your freedom" blah blah blah. You dont earn respect like that. Understand where im coming from?

I have family who have been in the military, so i have respect.

Eric
Old 10-30-2003, 02:15 PM
Shiver me timbers.

The fact of the matter remains that he wanted to know where he could find that type of gas cap. If you don't know, don't post. He didn't ask what you thought of them. He likes them, so be it. Keep your opinions to yourself when they are not asked for. Good luck on your search, but I don't know where to find them.

My 2 pennies.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:19 PM
Boosted Panda

This thread should be locked
Old 10-30-2003, 10:05 PM

Everyone just put your units back in your pants and move along.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:37 PM

This is why i stick to the Canadian forum and not the 4th Gen. Good luck with finding the part you want.