4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Shingles...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2001, 07:44 PM
JonH in Philly

I went to your home page on Sunday, I love how suttle you have the Rex hooked uped that is exactly how you're daily driver should be, but you're not one to supersize on rice anyway, HA HA. How is the JDM engine perf. & gas wise?

Ooops getting off topic, I know you went with H&R springs when you lowered the Max, does the ride feel like stock & do you think it will be the same if you had 18"'s ?
I'm asking because I just bought some Zenetti Vega's which are 18x8.5, the only problems I'm running into is how to get these 300zx calipers & rotors on the car with the thinnest spacers I'd need.

Thanx,
Jon.

Old 02-21-2001, 05:22 AM
The missing moderator

hopefully you plan on getting some struts. Konis... with the toks.. you will be disappointed.

But the ride is comfortable yet stiff.... I think this is the best spring if you are not waiting something really stiff.

Thanks for the compliment on the crx... it's hard to keep it in the "non rice zone" sometimes. My new exahust is close... but it's not there.

-Shing
Old 02-21-2001, 06:39 AM

Konis' I thought you had the Tokicos'?

Originally posted by Shingles
hopefully you plan on getting some struts. Konis... with the toks.. you will be disappointed.

But the ride is comfortable yet stiff.... I think this is the best spring if you are not waiting something really stiff.

Thanks for the compliment on the crx... it's hard to keep it in the "non rice zone" sometimes. My new exahust is close... but it's not there.

-Shing
Shing, I am in the process of lowering my car with H&Rs and was going to use the Tokico shocks, but what do the Koni's offer that are an advantage versus the Tokicos;? I look forward to your response on the issue.
Thanks,
JCR
Old 02-21-2001, 05:18 PM
JonH in Philly

What do you think is wrong with the Tokico's & the benefits of the Koni's.

I know the Koni's are adjustable but I've heard they are a pain in the **** to get level plus they are more expensive.
Anyway I just put in new struts a couple thousand miles ago so I'll put the springs on them until they wear out what the hell might as well get my moneys worth right?