4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ate a hummin' cummins

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 11:59 AM

ate a hummin' cummins

Guys I got some great news. Last night my friend with a 01 dodge cummins and a 4 inch straight exhaust got his A$$ handed to him by a 04 High Output Cummins W/ a six speed. The last time I had been to the track all i could run was a 16.5 in the quarter with a bad knock sensor. since then i've fixed the knock sensor and just this thursday I did the drop resistor mod. so me and a friend were riding around in the maxima and seen the new dodge that my other friend lost to, I pulled up beside him runnin' bout thirty locked her down in first. My friend rolled down the window and told him when he put his arm down go. My friend puts his arm down, I hear that turbo really wind up in his diesel and boom he was at my back bumper in about half a second (that truck is slower than hell I gave my friend w/ the 01 hell all night) hit second pretty hard thanks to the drop sensor nad pulled hard untill I let out. Anyways I got my friend's g'tech out to see how I was running now and it may not seem much but I'm proud to pull a 15.8 now. I wouldn't have beleive that the knock sensor and the drop resistor mod would have done this but I'm lovin' it.

now it's time to order the y-pipe
Old 11-09-2003, 01:52 PM

I'm just happy I can run what the stock auto is supposed to