4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

at last Bixenon HID proyector kit for maximas!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 08:50 AM

you are totally right..i will post pics as soon as possible.
agradecimentos para sua ajuda
Old 11-14-2003, 01:59 PM

indigomax....let's post those pics man!!!! Very intersted!!!
Old 11-14-2003, 04:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'd be interested in the pre-made headlamps w/projectors, or just the kit if the headlamp kits are too expensive.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:21 PM
Dallas Nissan Enthusiast

1 thing 2 say
Old 11-14-2003, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by kenji
I'd be interested in the pre-made headlamps w/projectors
Yeah, if you could do it for a reasonable price, I'd definatly be interested. It shouldn't be terribly hard to get a single projector in the housing but I'm not particularly confident with my own skills, so a premade kit would be very very nice. I think if you were to create a bracket, all you would need to do is cut out a hole big enough in the back of the headlight housing for the projector to fit, so in theory, it'd be a very simple installation.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:21 AM

yes is not a hard installation, but i have done in some cars and is not that easy. I will post some pics of my other cars work and you will see how it looks. Im trying to deal with the partstore in my town for headlight price.
The other point is i recived an email from my dealer in Germany. He will send me a kit that turns the light direction in the same way you turn the steering wheel, i think the new Beemers has it. He told me that is almost the same size etc like this projector...so maybe will be something to see.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:03 AM

I'm really just waiting for a write up on how to do it. I already have HIDs, and I got Projectors laying around here (from a Porsche ). Always wanted to do the project like geo1317, but never found a writeup how. The projectors I have look just like yours, but I plan to use the piece with only the lens, not the part with the bulb housing bracket. I figured there would be a way to put the lens over the stock socket from the headlight housing so I can keep my HID kit.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:19 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by D1NOnly34
I'm really just waiting for a write up on how to do it. I already have HIDs, and I got Projectors laying around here (from a Porsche ). Always wanted to do the project like geo1317, but never found a writeup how. The projectors I have look just like yours, but I plan to use the piece with only the lens, not the part with the bulb housing bracket. I figured there would be a way to put the lens over the stock socket from the headlight housing so I can keep my HID kit.

a really good resource (writeup)

http://home.comcast.net/~c.tangonan/..._Tutorial.html
Old 11-15-2003, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by indigomax
yes is not a hard installation, but i have done in some cars and is not that easy. I will post some pics of my other cars work and you will see how it looks. Im trying to deal with the partstore in my town for headlight price.
The other point is i recived an email from my dealer in Germany. He will send me a kit that turns the light direction in the same way you turn the steering wheel, i think the new Beemers has it. He told me that is almost the same size etc like this projector...so maybe will be something to see.

yep, a small handful of the luxury cars including bmw and lexus have the tilting headlights, and if you could come up with:

bolt-in headlights with projectors, tilt, and hid's in one kit
and it's not going to cost me a kidney
Old 11-15-2003, 07:46 AM

i hope all this end fine(cheap price for everyone)
Old 11-15-2003, 10:46 AM

hey guys, at last i finished my mod in 2 cars...a Nissan Sentra and Vw Jetta. Today i will do a Xtrail mode...so wait this picsssssssss tonight!!!
Old 11-15-2003, 12:47 PM

As i told you, heres the pic:

First my costume Se-r

My Girfriend´s bro

well after 23 microwave burns(man how hot the parts was) i did this work...it took like 2 days por kit, but i didnt sleep since yestaerday to post this pics, Well i know is a very big work but i think it will be a good things to sale.
Old 11-15-2003, 05:47 PM

Very nice, I'm impressed. I can't wait for pics of them done on a maxima.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:52 PM

holy crap dude!
If they look like that on the Max I will be one of your customers
Old 11-15-2003, 11:51 PM

wow!!!! at last..i done for the Xterra...heres the pics!!
Old 11-15-2003, 11:52 PM

thanks Luis for you pro camara!!! i love the pics
Old 11-16-2003, 04:12 AM

they look awesome
Old 11-16-2003, 06:32 AM
MaximaFreak

I guess my only question is how are these being secured to the headlamp and aimed? I know you can either drop these in from the front after taking the lens apart or cut a hole in the back and slide them in that way, but how do you secure them to ensure they will stay?
Old 11-16-2003, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Big_Ham
I guess my only question is how are these being secured to the headlamp and aimed? I know you can either drop these in from the front after taking the lens apart or cut a hole in the back and slide them in that way, but how do you secure them to ensure they will stay?
moreso, how will they be water/moisture proof? is it a custom cut with custom sealing or what? they are still aimed w/ factory controls, correct?

it would be great to provide maxima owners with such a plug-and-play option but I know it's a very involving project for the D-I-Y person. how much will it actually cost, fully customized into the headlamp? it seems like a very hard project on the Max (esp. 4th gen) and if it was easier people would already be doing it more often (exceptions are geo1317 and 1hotmax).

dont get me wrong, i'll be very impressed if you can retrofit a reliable, waterproof set of bi-xenons in maxima housing headlamps for the masses.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by indigomax
wow!!!! at last..i done for the Xterra...heres the pics!!
btw, i have no idea what that car is and I've never seen it before. Is that the X-terra? here in the US??
Old 11-16-2003, 07:42 AM

How abotu this, I have HIDs and the projectors, can I send you my headlights (since I have an extra pair) and you can charge me for the labor?
Old 11-16-2003, 08:47 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

its the new pathfinder armada isn't it?
Old 11-16-2003, 03:04 PM

very very very nice...
Old 11-16-2003, 03:22 PM

god damn count me in if the max turns out like that. seriously that looks very very nice. let us know. and as D1NOnly34 said can u do this...id be down for that.

blake

btw: do u think its possible to add a driver light like the vw...? in the lower right corner farthest away from the side marker light?
Old 11-16-2003, 04:58 PM

The SUV is a Nissan X-trail... not offered in the US. No idea where he found one. I like the way the headlight project is going though.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:26 PM
Dallas Nissan Enthusiast

nice ,if it looks that good in a max you got a customer
Old 11-16-2003, 08:41 PM
Ramius83

When installed, is the headlamp still sealed?
How is the unit secured in the lamp?
How is aimming acquired?
Etc....

Old 11-16-2003, 09:21 PM

thanks a lot, first weasel your are right, this is a X-terra imported directly for one costumer...and i made the mod for him.(i dont have any idea how he did that).
Well...first im trying this....im planing to buy the headlight from a partshop and the way to go is....i buy one headlamp pair...i mod....i send to my costumer....my costumer send me their headlamps...i mod and i sales to another costumer...etc, i will charge just the projector and install labor.(of course the shipping, etc)
The headlamp are totally sealed and water proof like original parts, you dont have to worry about anything...i found the way to install the kit like OEM headlamps...and the best of all is the amazing low and high light.
For future works i will install not the bixenon proyectors...i will install the Multidirectional-projectors. The new of this kits are you turn the steering wheel and the proyector will turn the light too, it has low and high beam too. But it will takes more months to wait an reply form my dealer in Germany.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:06 PM

I am very interested in seeing what they look like on a max. I like the work that you have done so far.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:08 PM

I am very interested in seeing what they look like in the max. I like the work you have done so far though
Old 11-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Sports Button FTW

dam those are hot. I am definitely going to get an upgrade on headlights with projectors, just debating on Maxedoutofcash's setup, your setup and someone else who was thinking of making a setup. I wish someone in Tx would get these so u can take pics and we see how it comes out.

Only thing being really sacrificed is headlights. I dont think any of us would mind pitching in like 5 dollars each to see how this comes out. If we get 30 people, the headlights will come out to be just about free, we see, and no one really hurts from the entire ordeal. This is how all new product demonstrations should be done
Old 11-17-2003, 07:03 AM

It does look promising, but I think efforts into Projectors that turn with the steering wheel may be a little much at this point IMO. Foreseeble to be more complicated to install and just as expensive. I say concentrate on the stationary projectors first, then worry about advancements after these have proven themselves reliable.

-2 cents-
Old 11-17-2003, 07:42 AM
Pizda Boy

i'm waiting till i get my car back from the tranny shop on friday...next weekend i'll try and finish my project....under $200 too.....if it goes smoother than the first try i attempted i will make more....basically i want to put dual projectors with angel eyes in the headlights (1 projector being a dummy just for the angel eyes)....i already messed up one headlight but a friend of mine who's an expert on this stuff says he figured out how to put the two projectors in without breaking the headlight.....i don't want to brag about it before i finish it....if it comes out good, i'll probably do one at a time and sell them.... mecca is first on the list and a few other local guys....
i'll keep you guys updated....hopefully next weekend it will be done....but it all depends on the schedule at work, so don't kill me if it's not finished next weekend.
FYI: even if this comes out good, with my schedule at work, the most i'll be able to do is one set a week....and no hid's will be included in this.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:57 AM

I have an extra set of headlights if you want to "use them as a model" I have HIDs and projectors, but it seems that the ones that you use are way better, so im thinking of selling them both. Also, whats the warranty you provide on everything?
Old 11-17-2003, 11:36 AM

yes i will provide warrenty on everything. At this time im working for make and store just for this, after 1 week i have orders from everywhere. So my plan is fund a big factory for this parts. OF COURSE!!! maxima owners will have the low price for everything!!!(all for my maxima). So guys let me do this for a couple of days. Im working in some headlight for some cars, and then i will make 3 types of lamps.
1. Just proyectors in the headlamp
2. Angel eye, proyectors
3. Proyector and fog light(like jetta theres a little fog on it).

All this cause one of my costumer order me 3 types...so i though why not offer 3 options.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:42 AM
Jedi Knight

I smell a whole lot of cow DUNG!!....no pics...and people are ready to commit...no wonder people get ripped on the net.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:07 PM

is not a bath run nupi...so be patience
Old 11-17-2003, 02:30 PM

They look really sweet indigomax....good job!!! Now let's post those pics on a Max...and of course...post those final prices.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:09 AM
An atavistic endeavor...

This is very nice.

I will not be in the first wave of orders, but I will be in the second. I will take the gamble on the long term stuff, but I definitely want to make sure that dudes are getting the projectors, that they work okay and that they install and aim in a reasonable manner.

I am a little sketched out by a couple of factors, but once I see pics and a few org members have them I will mos def be ordering these. I'm not that interested in the turning with the wheel thing...I just want better lights. I dunno...angel eye? Maybe...

Thanks to TurDZ for all the info and that FRIGHTENINGLY COMPLEX tutorial. If that's what it's going to take to install these I am scared...but I gotta do what I gotta do.

What I am waiting for to order these...

- Pictures from more than just the seller's car.

- A couple people to get them, check them out and make sure they seem good and that the install seals them and permits accurate aiming of them.

- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone either do a tutorial or even just take pictures of what you do to install these in your car. That tutoial that TurDZ posted is awesome, but I really need to see details for our cars. If someone can give basic instructions I would even do a detailed tutorial, but I doubt I can just magically figure out how to install these.

A lot of people have been waiting for something like this...we have all been suffering with $HITTY headlights for a long time...if this turns out to be legit (no offense indigo) then this is MAJOR...let's get moving on this!
Old 11-18-2003, 07:31 AM

Hey Indigomax, I really want to get a set of these but I would like to see the install step by step and then see what they look like when they are finished.
You say that you have done this before so why haven't you posted pics of what they look like when they are finished. Please post the pics that you said you would about your friends installation.

You will get more orders if people can actually see what the finished thing will look like. I know that I would order them.

Quick Reply: at last Bixenon HID proyector kit for maximas!!