4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Unorthodox racing UD Pulley kit??

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 11:11 PM

Unorthodox racing UD Pulley kit??

Any 99 5 speed maxes wit the pulley kit on it. please let me know if it is a good pulley,

An exhaust wuestion??? ANYONE HAVE SOUND CLIPS OF Y PIPE STRAIGHT PIPE AND GREDDY CAT BACK I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM??
Old 11-19-2003, 11:31 PM

http://maxmods.dyndns.org/?MaximaUnderdrivePulleys
Old 11-20-2003, 12:40 AM

what do you mean by pulley "kit". I have only seen underdrive pulleys, not a kit which would contain the other pulleys for alternator, power steering, etc. unorthodox is a good pulley. you get a little more pick up, but not extraordinary. i have a definitive underdrive pulley. construction is just as good as unorthodox, it is a hair lighter than UR, and it is a lot cheaper. do not buy an RVM pulley. I tried that and it sucked. construction was poor and it malfunctioned on my car as well as several other org members.
bottom line, UR is great, definitive is just as good and cheaper.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by SiCkBLaCKMaX99
Any 99 5 speed maxes wit the pulley kit on it. please let me know if it is a good pulley,

An exhaust wuestion??? ANYONE HAVE SOUND CLIPS OF Y PIPE STRAIGHT PIPE AND GREDDY CAT BACK I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM??
The answer is yes, it is a good pulley, I haven't heard of it being a kit though. I have that exact setup for exhaust, I will try to make a clip for ya when I get home this weekend.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Phatmax98
The answer is yes, it is a good pulley, I haven't heard of it being a kit though. I have that exact setup for exhaust, I will try to make a clip for ya when I get home this weekend.
I'd like to hear that clip as well. I believe UR makes two UDPs for the maxima. One is their standard lightened/underdriven pulley, which many love, but i would never do since it would underdrive the alternator. The second, which i just saw advertised in Turbo and High Performance by UR themselves is their SC pulley, which is just lightened, not underdriven, since an underdriven crank pulley for an S/C wouldn't make any sense. If i were to ever get a UDP, or reccomend one without any hesitation, a UDP like that is what i'd recccomend. It's considerably lighter than stock, yet manages to weigh nearly the same as the underdriven pulley, the only advantage the underdriven one has is less rotational surface area. However, i'd rather have more rotational surface area then have to be stuck out in the middle of nowhere one day after deciding to listen to my system for a few mins with the car off...
Old 11-20-2003, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Defacto
I'd like to hear that clip as well. I believe UR makes two UDPs for the maxima. One is their standard lightened/underdriven pulley, which many love, but i would never do since it would underdrive the alternator. The second, which i just saw advertised in Turbo and High Performance by UR themselves is their SC pulley, which is just lightened, not underdriven, since an underdriven crank pulley for an S/C wouldn't make any sense. If i were to ever get a UDP, or reccomend one without any hesitation, a UDP like that is what i'd recccomend. It's considerably lighter than stock, yet manages to weigh nearly the same as the underdriven pulley, the only advantage the underdriven one has is less rotational surface area. However, i'd rather have more rotational surface area then have to be stuck out in the middle of nowhere one day after deciding to listen to my system for a few mins with the car off...
Alright man, I'll do my best to get that clip together by no later than sunday.