4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

sick of my max

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 06:08 PM

sick of my max

i'm writing this because i'm sick of fixing up my max every time i fix something on the max something else goes bad had 2 change the knock sensor then had 2 change the y pipe an the cat because the bracket that holds the flex pipe broke and it ended up damaging the y pipe so i had 2 change them both then i had 2 change the mulffur the stok one was getting a hole in it then the strut and now one of the rear strut blow on me just 2 week my starter went dead on me o i had 2 change my axles both of them and now i got 2 get a rack and pinion leaking power steering fliud and now the gauge odometer is not working the car only have 72000 miles on it i know that they say that it is bad luck 2 have sex in your car but i never had sex in the max every other car but the max and i'm having all this problem . i take care of the car i detail the car every week even in the cold and in the hot *** sun i treat it as if it is my baby better yet it is my baby but i'm sick of it always braking on me i did alot of thing 2 it and still doing i drove all the way to CT from NY to go and get the rear seat out of an i30 the ones with the head rest i'm thinking of selling it (only if i can get the money for the work and the stuff i put into it) but i know that i won't only reason i think that i'm keeping it is because it is paid off and i don't want to make monthly payment
Old 11-28-2003, 06:10 PM

That was one hard thread to read. Periods my friend. Sorry you are having such problems with your Max. How long have you had it?
Old 11-28-2003, 06:24 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

any car that is almost 10 years old is going to need maintenance, maybe your's is just going through a rough time... soon it will all be worth it though!! it will be like new before long the way you are going.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:26 PM

I guess it is true about how is all depends on how the car was maintained. Are you the second owner?
Old 11-28-2003, 06:29 PM

I always heard it was good luck to have sex in your car.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:34 PM

Im not going to touch that in fear of being flammed by certain people.
Old 11-28-2003, 07:12 PM

Have sex in the car and stop beating the hell out of it......spankin the monkey doesn't count either, thats not good luck for a Maxima.
Old 11-28-2003, 07:16 PM

This car has to be beat , if it has all these problems with only 72k on it!
Old 11-28-2003, 08:59 PM

I have such a period now that gotta spend lots of dinero on maintainase (sensors, coil, axles, fluids, tires and many more) and I own it only few months. I hit 100K 2 days ago. And now transmissiom will have to be fixed at some point ($800 ?). Kinda sucks because I could spend this money on so many great mods, but I plan on keeping the car for at least 3 years, so once I invest a little now, it's gonna run great in future.

But lemons do happen....
Old 11-29-2003, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by JeremyMarkham
That was one hard thread to read. Periods my friend. Sorry you are having such problems with your Max. How long have you had it?
i'm the 2nd owner and i bought the car in 2001 and i always maintain the car i do all the things that need to be done to it my self oil change every 2500 miles instead of 3000 miles u want to hear something funny i had the ss brake line on it and one day i was driving fast bout 60mph and one ofthe brake line poped on me almost crash then i check to c if it was rubbing but it wasn't change it again and the same thing happen again almost crash again no rubbing at all put new stock ones on and everything is good for bout 2 mo. now is it just i have no good luck at all
Old 11-29-2003, 06:40 AM
BOSS

Originally Posted by unique26
i'm writing this because i'm sick of fixing up my max every time i fix something on the max something else goes bad had 2 change the knock sensor then had 2 change the y pipe an the cat because the bracket that holds the flex pipe broke and it ended up damaging the y pipe so i had 2 change them both then i had 2 change the mulffur the stok one was getting a hole in it then the strut and now one of the rear strut blow on me just 2 week my starter went dead on me o i had 2 change my axles both of them and now i got 2 get a rack and pinion leaking power steering fliud and now the gauge odometer is not working the car only have 72000 miles on it i know that they say that it is bad luck 2 have sex in your car but i never had sex in the max every other car but the max and i'm having all this problem . i take care of the car i detail the car every week even in the cold and in the hot *** sun i treat it as if it is my baby better yet it is my baby but i'm sick of it always braking on me i did alot of thing 2 it and still doing i drove all the way to CT from NY to go and get the rear seat out of an i30 the ones with the head rest i'm thinking of selling it (only if i can get the money for the work and the stuff i put into it) but i know that i won't only reason i think that i'm keeping it is because it is paid off and i don't want to make monthly payment
I feel for you. I hate to admit this, but Maximas are not the world's most reliable cars and not even close to being. However, you must understand that at 72k miles like in your case, lots of vehicle components go bad. I would say 60k - 80k is the ideal most-things-break-or-give-out-on-my-car range, and that's not just in a Maxima, but in general.

There are exceptions to every rule, however, and yes your driving habits have a say sometimes in what goes bad and what does not. As an example, two of my friends in Chicago both own SE 5-spd Maximas, one a 95 and the other a 97, both garage kept. The guy with the 95 had around 120k on a completely stock exhaust, but the guy with the 97 had to get his done at around 70k.

Or take the recent anger seen almost every day here on the org because of Maxima misfires happening due to defective ignition coils, mostly on the 99 SE models. Again, I know a guy with a 99 SE that has over 90k miles on all stock coil packs, which never cause a misfire. Then, a **** load of ppl on the org experience misfires and change coil packs before ever hitting 50k. I, for instance, am going through a third freakin coil pack and I have 59k miles!! Can you believe that? And trust me, I really do take good care of my Max.

Old 11-29-2003, 07:36 AM
Blazin......

now that they say that it is bad luck 2 have sex in your car but i never had sex in the max every other car but the max and i'm having all this problem
dude. where did you hear this? Ive had sex im my max(backseat) over 500 times, literally holiday max inn . so thats not the problem.

Ive been in ur shoes with this car. and yes ive replaced about everything you listed above as well, but my car does run good as of today, some cars are just a b!tch to keep going, but keep the b!tches still coming in ur car
Old 11-29-2003, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by JeremyMarkham
True that, I always wonder when people write in that fashion, are they serious or just trying to be comical?

Power steering rack leak is a known issue for anybody buying a used Maxima. The thing is the leak is so minor that the fluid can be topped-off 1-2 times per year and it's fine. No need to replace, why throw away the baby with the bathwater so to speak?

The thing about old cars is this......a 95 Max is worth about what, 2500-3500? At the same time, the cost to service it is the same as a 2k3, parts and labor-wise. No different in a 50 yr. old home, you fix it all you want, but until everything gets updated, the problems will change. Only way to avoid is to go brand-new, where you put off car problems for a minimum of 3 years.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:17 AM

i'm the 2nd owner and i bought the car in 2001 and i always maintain the car i do all the things that need to be done to it my self oil change every 2500 miles instead of 3000 miles u want to hear something funny i had the ss brake line on it and one day i was driving fast bout 60mph and one ofthe brake line poped on me almost crash then i check to c if it was rubbing but it wasn't change it again and the same thing happen again almost crash again no rubbing at all put new stock ones on and everything is good for bout 2 mo. now is it just i have no good luck at all
your keyboard's broken...
Old 11-29-2003, 04:37 PM

Killer, It is definitely "NOT" bad luck to have sex in your Max! Believe you me.
If anything good things happen shortly after like more HP gains!!
Old 11-29-2003, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by NOMAD MAXIMA
Killer, It is definitely "NOT" bad luck to have sex in your Max! Believe you me.
If anything good things happen shortly after like more HP gains!!
Yea, DEFINITELY man!!
Old 11-30-2003, 08:50 PM

yea man dont belive people who tell u its bad luck they are just jelous! (crashed my max while back friends blamed it on that heh)