4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

smashed side view mirror

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 12:04 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

smashed side view mirror

I parked my max come back an hour later and discover that some fool has smashed my side view mirror. No note or anything my second hit and run this year. The mirror is destroyed and there is a chunk missing from the housing. I figure the best way to replace it is to get one at a scrap yard. Looking at how I would go about replacing it I notice that the inner cover for the bolts holding the side mirror seems to go fairly deep behind the inner door panel. Can it be yanked out or do I have to take off the whole door panel ? and if so how complicated is it? Anybody ever done this before? Any tips would be a big help.

Thanks
AJ
Old 11-30-2003, 12:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by mrblond
I parked my max come back an hour later and discover that some fool has smashed my side view mirror. No note or anything my second hit and run this year. The mirror is destroyed and there is a chunk missing from the housing. I figure the best way to replace it is to get one at a scrap yard. Looking at how I would go about replacing it I notice that the inner cover for the bolts holding the side mirror seems to go fairly deep behind the inner door panel. Can it be yanked out or do I have to take off the whole door panel ? and if so how complicated is it? Anybody ever done this before? Any tips would be a big help.

Thanks
AJ

Get one of those benz mirrors from custommax or redlinemax
Old 11-30-2003, 12:26 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

the door panel isnt very difficult to take off. However you wont be needing to take off the door panel if youre merely removing the mirror. just pop off the cover on the interior of the car. should be three long bolts you can do from inside.
Old 11-30-2003, 01:01 AM
SXN
Supporting Maxima.org Member

maxNYC is right...its just the interior panel. You can pick up a pair of aftermarket ones (with turn signals built in) or a one single OEM one.