4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

keycode for 95 max

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 01:35 PM

keycode for 95 max

I have a 95 Max SE and don't have the original key. I have a key that works but only works if you have it turned a certain way.

I went to my nearest Nissan dealer to see if I could get a new key made from the keycode but they don't have the keycode any more.

Aside from having a locksmith make me a fresh key to fit the lock, is there a possibility that any one else would have the keycode being that it's not in the nissan db that my dealer looked in?

oh yeah, I also called the dealer that sold the car originally and they don't have it either.

am I SOL or is there some "guy" online who might have the keycode for a small amount of money or even for free?
Old 12-02-2003, 02:08 PM

The dealer or a locksmith should be able to retrieve the key code from your VIN.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:12 PM

no, that's the whole problem. The dealer near me and the dealer that sold the car both can't find the keycode for the VIN. They said it's not in the Nissan DB anymore. I'm just wondering if there is some soul out there that has a history on that DB that might have older model keycodes.

If not, i'm sol..
Old 12-02-2003, 02:19 PM

whats this keycode for??? I also have a non-oem key and was looking to get another more official looking key made.

thanks
Old 12-02-2003, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by twill
I have a 95 Max SE and don't have the original key. I have a key that works but only works if you have it turned a certain way.

I went to my nearest Nissan dealer to see if I could get a new key made from the keycode but they don't have the keycode any more.

Aside from having a locksmith make me a fresh key to fit the lock, is there a possibility that any one else would have the keycode being that it's not in the nissan db that my dealer looked in?

oh yeah, I also called the dealer that sold the car originally and they don't have it either.

am I SOL or is there some "guy" online who might have the keycode for a small amount of money or even for free?
Did you bring proof of ownership of the car?
Old 12-02-2003, 04:11 PM
Dallas Nissan Enthusiast

if you take the passanger side door lock out you local locksmith can do it for a lot less than you may think he likely would charge you a extra 25 to 40 bucks for takeing the lock out .
nissan dealers sometimes wright the keycode in the owners manual or if you are really lucky there may be a small sticker in your glove box the code will be something like
; x1234
if not you can take the lock out of the PASSANGER side door it may have a code on it aswell
Old 12-03-2003, 06:47 AM

thanks for the suggestions. Yeah, I took proof of ownership in with me. Insurance and license work as good as anything. No code found in the database. Ahh well.

I'll look in the manual to see if the code was written down. You never know.

Maybe i'll take the passenger side lock out while I am replacing the alternator. And may I add that the alternator is in a PITA place on the max?
Old 12-03-2003, 12:03 PM

your dealership SHOULD be able to get it...They punch in the VIN in their specialized computer,that gives you all the necessary numbers : key code,stereo system theft code (if equipped) . Maybe the dealership is going out of business or something close to that...The no info in the DB is BS ,and they should be able to find a way to get it,even if they need to call the manufacturer for it. What is most important is HOW BAD they want to help you...Maybe you should check with a different dealer.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:12 PM
Old Timer

Well. I see you made it over here from NissanForums. Like I said there. I find it very hard to believe that Nissan does not have your keycode. I would check with another dealership as well.

David