4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Went to the Track last night............

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 01:06 AM

Went to the Track last night............

Well I finally took my car to the track for the first time. I ran 4 times, I got there really late due to someone giving me wrong directions (20mins going the wrong direction) anyhow, my first run, was against my friends maxima (96gxe ..auto, ypipes, intake, exhaust,..something else) , My car is a 96 SE..auto.. with intake and exhaust setup. This is what I ran, on D with O/D off.

Reaction: .817
I1: 2.409
I2: 6.785
I3: 10.432
MPH: 68.981

E.T. : 16.239

MPH: 83.781

Win Margin: .640

His time was...............

Reaction: .835
I1: 2.352
I2: 6.569
I3: 10.031
MPH: 71.510

E.T. : 15.581

MPH: 87.943

Win Margin: 640

I had a great time, watching camaro's, corvette's, and mustangs run 10's 11's 12's etc................My second and third run sucked.......16.327, and 16.395 <(both of these runs I upshifted from 2, then D, with O/D off)
But at my last run, I think I did a good job..... I ran 16.168 (on D with O/D off) and that was against a honda civic he hit......17.252 he jumped, and was foul, but we still went at it, he took me really bad at take off, but I caught up to him at the end just before the marker. Well what do you guys think??? I want to hit 14.5 thats my goal, no S/C or Turnbo's just pure bolt on's.... My car still needs a tune up, and I'm getting BRAND NEW y-pipes (cattman). What else do I need? I want to get a MEVI and ECU upgrade, B-pipes, Pulley, Clean out the throttle, anything else?????????? Is a good way to go?? Any recommendations would help.. Thanks alot Raul
Old 12-07-2003, 03:00 AM

How many miles since last tune up... Your ET's look pretty slow... Get these AFTER tune up and pulling codes...

1) Y-pipe/B-pipe/UDP/MEVI/Weight reduction/Pathfinder TB, remove random heat shields, spare, other clutter, flootmats, jack, rear seat, if you wanna go hardcore, get a muffler, high flow cat, lightweight wheels and slicks...

With all that you should run pretty decent...

LEMAR
Old 12-07-2003, 05:02 PM

My I ask what does the pathfinder TB do? How much is it? And where can I get it? (junkyard? etc...) Also I have 15's on my car, with normal tires (60/65 < something like that, there average car tires) I want to get 17's or 18's how much hp am I going to lose with these? I'm going with light weight rims...
Old 12-07-2003, 05:08 PM
Old Maxima Legend

good job on the runs .. !
Old 12-07-2003, 06:05 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I think i read somewhere of people having leaning out issues when running a pathfinder TB. Something with the motor getting to much air and not enough fuel.

Eric
Old 12-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Not bad on the runs. Now you have something to work for.
VI and JWT ECU are really expensive, I would leave that for last. Make you car light weight and pratice taking off. OH and mods would help too!!!
Old 12-07-2003, 11:04 PM

Just a quick question, does flooring it mess up my engine? I like drive my car hard alot, not every turn nor every street, but every other now and then I'll stomp on the pedal. How bad is that? and what can I do to keep my engine in good shape?? As far as modding goes, what can I put for bolt on's??

Y-pipes <getting this December
B-pipes < getting this January
Cat Converter < getting this January
Undrive Pully < summer 04
Cattman Intake or MEVI ? < summer 04
ECU upgrade < December 04

am I missing anything??????????
Old 12-08-2003, 06:42 AM
Banned

use the drop resistor mod at least. or buy a new VB.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:10 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally Posted by NISMOMAXMAN
Just a quick question, does flooring it mess up my engine? I like drive my car hard alot, not every turn nor every street, but every other now and then I'll stomp on the pedal. How bad is that? and what can I do to keep my engine in good shape??
That's very bad. You shouldnt even floor it all the way when racing. Your engine is probably on its last legs if you treat it that way.

[/sarcasm]
Old 12-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by NISMOMAXMAN
Just a quick question, does flooring it mess up my engine? I like drive my car hard alot, not every turn nor every street, but every other now and then I'll stomp on the pedal. How bad is that? and what can I do to keep my engine in good shape?? As far as modding goes, what can I put for bolt on's??

Y-pipes <getting this December
B-pipes < getting this January
Cat Converter < getting this January
Undrive Pully < summer 04
Cattman Intake or MEVI ? < summer 04
ECU upgrade < December 04

am I missing anything??????????
Dont waste your money on a performance cat, they usually will take a dump after awhile.

Invest in a VB mod, MEVI/ECU, intake, y-pipe, b-pipe, udp, and your all set. With that, depending on the condition of your car and track conditions that should be good for mid-low 14s...

And flooring it is fine, just dont unnecessarily rag on it all the time..

Eric
Old 12-08-2003, 05:06 PM
ivelweyz

My second CARSOUND cat just crapped out after a couple months, first one crapped out after 2 weeks. POS...

Old 12-08-2003, 05:17 PM

Raul whats up it's Ryan. Good job! Your reaction will get better with time don't worry.Hey, we've talked about what you need to do. But hey did you run what's-his-name. I don't remember. the first time I went to the track my reaction was pretty decent like .63-.75...took some time to get used to but hey video games help! But yeah you need to use the drop resistor mod when you're an auto. Did you let your car cool down when you got there or even between runs? Oh yeah did you turn off every thing, a/c & radio? And did you do a burn out? Helps the tires grab. Did you use an VP Fuel? I used to use some octane booster when I went put it in like before the drive up there? And did you use 93 Octane? You should. Dude change the oil to before you go next time, clean the filter, little things like that. Did you take out the spare, floormats and other weighty things? Well good luck, haven't heard form you, e-mail me sometime, Sundays Anyone?