4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Pictures of the new car

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 07:58 PM
formz

Yea it was. That car was just plain evil.

Old 12-09-2003, 09:07 PM
ABK

Yeah it is a beast. This one dude had has on in my town with ported 14b and basic mods fwd. Man that thing is fun. I always wanted to get one but never could come up with money thru highschool and don't want to get one because I'm in college and don't want stuff to start breaking on me with all that hp.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:19 PM
formz

My DSM was WICKED reliable. Honestly the only thing that went wrong with it (besides maintence like brake pads etc) was valve seals. But when I took the head off to do the seals, I added ARP head studs... 25psi whaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Old 12-09-2003, 09:56 PM

Formz,
That is my favorite body style DSM. In my opinion they just went downhill after that....
You like the 4x4 look or something? haha. Your Max probably won't be as fast as your DSM but it can definately look more "professional" by installing lowering springs($150) and then adding GR2's(around $350-400 recommended for drop)....Nice choice on your new car and you got an excellent deal man, seriously.

one more thing if you have a chance, check out www.warpspeedperformance.com for getting a Y-PIPE. (Cheapest way to add a ton of power to the wheels!)
Old 12-09-2003, 10:42 PM
ABK

Yeah I was honestly thinking about a DSM, but all the insurance BS, and the realibility issues I seen with that dudes dsm kind of scared me. But again his mechanical know how caused most of the **** like venting the bov in the open air without hacking the sensor which caused his car run crazy rich inbetween gears and his terrible driving stick killed two clutches stock one and a 2100. Then he cracked the tranny, got a mistsu tanny put in broke that one and then got it rebuild with I think TRE (i could be wrong about the brand). SO yeah... but max is decent
Old 12-09-2003, 11:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Car looks great! No need to for clears and all that looker BS. Just make it go faster, handle better and that's it.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:27 PM
SXN

or you could get clears so your car isnt ugly front and back
Old 12-09-2003, 11:57 PM
BOSS

Originally Posted by SXN
yea, you and boss are cool, i get it, i dont hate it that much
SXN, I'm only going to say this once because I have had enough of arguing with you; I honestly don't know u man, but you seem like a real ***** on the org. Enough with the hate man. I mean, do u enjoy being mean? Do you not have anything else to do but bash half the people here? You are a deeply argumentative person from what I have noticed...you always find a way to disturb just about everyone.

So, relax man! Chill out, do whatever, I'm sure everyone here noticed that you bash me in like 75% of my threads without a reason. If you dislike me, Dave, or any other member, fine, just don't respond to our posts - simple as that.

Old 12-10-2003, 06:57 AM
formz

Haha no 4x4 jokes The DSM never got any aftermarket suspension. Reason being if I was going to do it, I was going to go ***** to the walls with it because the *** end would squat so hard on launches and most aftermarket suspensions were just as bad as stock as far as stopping that. So I'd have to spend $1500+ on a suitable set of struts/springs.

As far as the max goes, I've been looking around and GR2 or AGX's with a modest set of 1.5" drop springs goes for around $600, which is definitely doable.

And I'm STILL debating on the clears, honestly I like the idea of being a little different and keeping the stocks.

Old 12-10-2003, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by formz
And I'm STILL debating on the clears, honestly I like the idea of being a little different and keeping the stocks.
Yeah, the clears are def the most popular cosmetic mod. I got sucked into the fad...

...and now that sh!+ looks sweet!

btw, I like the b/b
Old 12-10-2003, 08:25 AM
no more maxima...

Haha no 4x4 jokes The DSM never got any aftermarket suspension. Reason being if I was going to do it, I was going to go ***** to the walls with it because the *** end would squat so hard on launches and most aftermarket suspensions were just as bad as stock as far as stopping that. So I'd have to spend $1500+ on a suitable set of struts/springs.

As far as the max goes, I've been looking around and GR2 or AGX's with a modest set of 1.5" drop springs goes for around $600, which is definitely doable.

What kind of times did you pull with the DSM? I hear those cars can get disgustingly quick with very little money.

And get the clears....the orange looks horrible. Also make your self a set of red/clears for the outer rear tail lamps.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:38 AM
Old Maxima Legend

hey i think you got a steal for 5600 dollars on that car ! welcome and enjoy the difference !

p.s. ha ! i see the guys are breaking you in real good here at the org !
Old 12-10-2003, 08:53 AM

if you owned a dsm you probably could care less about the clears.. they will probably just get stolen anyway

consider some pre-cat exhaust work, good way to let out some power.

imo leave the nos alone.. you'll still enjoy the responsiveness of a v6 without it, although it won't be anything compared to a high boost turbo dsm

welcome to the org
Old 12-10-2003, 09:02 AM
formz

I never ran the DSM at the track. At 25psi and race gas I hung with high 11 second cars all day on the street. So it'd probably be running 114+mph traps. I have a friend running 12.0's with about $1k of power adders on the car. And the guy who I bought the Maxima from ran a 12.5@109 with just an exhaust, k&n, and boost controller in his 91 GSX.

kenji hit the nail right on the head about the clears. Coming from a DSM world, looks honestly are the last thing on my mind. The car looks heads and tails better than my DSM ever did even with the orange.

I'm curious about the y-pipe. Like I said I want this car to be very sedate as far as noise, and I'm worried about the sound a new y-pipe would create even with the factory cat back. Any ideas how it would sound?

Old 12-10-2003, 09:57 AM
ABK

If you are worrying about sound isues it actually sounds pretty decent. All the maximas I've heard don't have that rice high rpm screaming or deep sound of the muscle car. It defenitely won't be as loud as your dsm since you had 3 inch exhaust with a downpipe and that turbo gave it an extra kick. My guess is maxima with just a y-pipe will be quiet until you step on the gas then I would expect beemers type of sound.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:06 AM

Where in manchester is the meet? I'm just gonna end up showing up in my bone stock maxima but if I'm free (which I should be) I'll come down.
Click any of this text to take you to the thread about the meet. It is on the tolland turnpike in manchester. The actual address is on this linked thread Somewhere!

Hope to see you there!
Bone stock is ok, We've all been there, its just a chance to get some inspiration for the ride, and meet some new peeps!
Old 12-10-2003, 10:09 AM
formz

ABK thanks for the info. 97blackSE thanks for the link! I'm going to try my hardest to make it. The GF was making fun of me last night for even mentioning it.

Old 12-10-2003, 10:11 AM

you will barely notice ANY sound increases from just a y pipe with the stock cat and catback. Maybe just a slight rumble at wot and tahts it!
and you will still get like 10 whp from it
Old 12-10-2003, 10:24 AM
formz

Looks like it's something I'm going to have to pick up then

Old 12-10-2003, 10:55 AM
ABK

Well that canadian guy with a website tested budget y-pipe before and after he put it in. He got the max of 20whp and in one point like from 6000rpm to 6500 it says like 31 but I might be mistaken.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:32 AM
formz

Do you have any more info on the budget y-pipe? With searching disabled it's hard to find information.

Old 12-10-2003, 10:01 PM

Do you have any more info on the budget y-pipe? With searching disabled it's hard to find information.
All y-pipes are basically the same. (I've had a $375 Stillen Y-pipe and now have a $160 Warpspeed one) I have a question: Before your DSM was modded how would it have done up against your Max?
Old 12-10-2003, 10:56 PM
SXN

would have smoked his max still. Budget is like all other Y pipes, they are the same general ideal, there isnt anything TO change really.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:02 PM

www.budgetexhaust.com you have to order FROM THE PHONE...no way to do it Online. Just call and order... 180 bucks TO YOUR DOOR!
and like i said 10hp to the wheels, while some, like ABK said, have experienced as much as 20...
Old 12-10-2003, 11:11 PM
ABK

Originally Posted by Lurchdogg11
I have a question: Before your DSM was modded how would it have done up against your Max?
Some dsmers were able to pull high 13s low 14s on almost stock dsms (k&n) so yeah, not really hanging
Old 12-10-2003, 11:12 PM
SXN

boosted maximas get more power from it. other mods can give you interesting results. better air flow in gives better flow out. also a UDP lets the engine spool easier across the band, and a Y and UDP make more power together then sepperately adding their individual power. mods stack and build, its a nice effect
Old 12-11-2003, 04:13 AM
formz

Yea stock DSMs of that generation run 14.6-14.8 with a good driver.

Old 12-11-2003, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by SXN
would have smoked his max still. Budget is like all other Y pipes, they are the same general ideal, there isnt anything TO change really.
Yeh thanks for answering my question there. And yes a DSM WOULD smoke an auto max w/red clears and new speakers.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:23 AM

That black Max you bought looks clean as hell. . . was it just detailed? It looks brand new! Great buy, and congrats on your purchase.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:50 AM
formz

Thanks! It had a bad wax job on it when I picked it up. As soon as I get some nice sunny and semi warm (above 45) day I'm gonna detail the crap out of it.

Old 12-11-2003, 11:53 AM

Well, my DSM had about 3k into it, money comes in steadily.
go to my brothers site
www.broadwayperformance.com
cut and paste if it doesn't work

He has a 95 gsx and made it a total killer. custom 2.4L, big turbo, stand alone, roll cage,etc. Expected e/t's are in the 9s without nitrous. estimated dyno is around 600+whp. Check it out he has some pretty cool dsm's on there 1g and 2g as well as galant vr4's. My brother just bought a new Evo and a 93 supra tt auto. 2 of the best japaneese super cars. heh. lucky bastard. he's selling them both tho, his dream is a 97 supra tt 6speed. He'll make it a bpu dailly driver and burn ferrari's and lambos.lol

Anyway congrats on the purchase. You will enjoy it. I know what you mean about not spending money. For $3k, it won't be nearly as fast as your 1g dsm. My cousin spent $2k and runs low 13s in his 91 galant vr-4. pretty sick. I say just leave it stock it looks really sharp how it is, especially the int. damn black/black is sweet.

What mods did you have done to your 1g?
-Paul
Old 12-11-2003, 11:57 AM
formz

Oh that's Natter's site... I've talked to him before on NABR.

Old 12-11-2003, 12:13 PM

Oh that's Natter's site... I've talked to him before on NABR.
nah nate's site is nabr. Broadwayperformance is my brother John's site. He has the dsm shop in Passaic, NJ. Yea he knows all the big dogz like Jeff Hill, John Shepard.etc...He'll be the biggest dog next season when he lays down some solid #'s at the track. I can't wait.

OH by the way, his car is the white hardtop under 'shopcars'. check it out.
-Paul
Old 12-11-2003, 12:17 PM
formz

Ah ok I misunderstood you. Yea that car looks like a beast. I wish him luck.

Old 12-11-2003, 12:24 PM

DSMers are amongst the cheapest when it comes to modding they don't give a blast about looks... Go look at their boards, there is no rice posts like we get here, it's all about performance...

LEMAR
Old 12-11-2003, 02:12 PM
formz

Originally Posted by RastaManMax
DSMers are amongst the cheapest when it comes to modding they don't give a blast about looks... Go look at their boards, there is no rice posts like we get here, it's all about performance...

LEMAR
Damn right!

Old 12-11-2003, 05:21 PM
SXN

Originally Posted by Lurchdogg11
Yeh thanks for answering my question there. And yes a DSM WOULD smoke an auto max w/red clears and new speakers.
sounds like you're refering to my car
Old 12-11-2003, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by SXN
sounds like you're refering to my car
But it doesn't matter if someone says something about your Max because your "previous" car was such a winner...That's why I have to respect your arrogant posts? hmmmm....maybe I'm reading too much into this, I honestly don't mean any disrespect to anyone by OT-ing this thread.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:50 PM
SXN

arrogant? what do you know about my last car? nothing. what do you know about me? nothing. what did i say that was arrogant? If you have a problem with my maxima....i dont know why, and im sorry you don't like my car. Did i ever say my car was awesome or something? You lost me there Lurch
Old 12-12-2003, 12:52 AM

The car looks sweet...I wish my car stayed that clean.

Quick Reply: Pictures of the new car