4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Owned by a C320 4Matic

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 11:36 PM

Owned by a C320 4Matic

GOD! I'VE BEEN DISGRACED!!! I TOOK A MUSTANG GT W/20 INCH CHROMIES, BUT COULDN'T TAKE A C320!!! WHAT GOOD AM I???

I feel totally violated. Could this be a result of me still having a brand new tranny and just changing over to synthetic oil today...?I sincerely hope so, since this obnoxious mother****er won't stop going on about it, and I KNOW that my car could totally bumrush his...I'd never have this kind of feeling, except that...it's a C320 4matic!!! ONE THAT HIS PARENTS BOUGHT HIM!!! I BOUGHT MY MAX!!! W/MY OWN HARD EARNED DOLLARS!!! The fact that he can stomp on me w/his car just ISN'T RIGHT!!! Someone please tell me this was a fluke...because with my old setup, it was strong enough to hold down a GT...BTW, all I have is a bottomless intake w/blitz filter, which gives argueable gains...and yes, this may lead to a psychotic frenzy of mods, which i definately don't have money for right now...
Old 01-02-2004, 11:42 PM
ABK

Get the freaken y-pipe. Then be like my sensor was unplugged you wonna race again? He would be like sure your car doesn't look different.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:06 AM
Maxima Mike

Damn dude, that's too bad. If he keeps shoving it in your face, just remind him that mommy and daddy bought it for him. You're bound to beat that kid, he has an automatic. How much hp/trq is that kid running anyways?

Old 01-03-2004, 02:00 AM
Humble '06 TL Owner

Ouch, if I remember right the 320 has 215hp and the 4matic weighs about 700 lbs more than the Max...you should have been able to take him easy, even with an auto...
Old 01-03-2004, 02:10 AM
Always sunny in philly

...must have been the driver

LoL, naw but there is no way you shouldve gotten your as.s handed to you...regardless whether or not who bought his car and all.

...ewwwww the lowest of all low class benz...ewwww!

Old 01-03-2004, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Defacto
GOD! I'VE BEEN DISGRACED!!! I TOOK A MUSTANG GT W/20 INCH CHROMIES, BUT COULDN'T TAKE A C320!!! WHAT GOOD AM I???

I feel totally violated. Could this be a result of me still having a brand new tranny and just changing over to synthetic oil today...?I sincerely hope so, since this obnoxious mother****er won't stop going on about it, and I KNOW that my car could totally bumrush his...I'd never have this kind of feeling, except that...it's a C320 4matic!!! ONE THAT HIS PARENTS BOUGHT HIM!!! I BOUGHT MY MAX!!! W/MY OWN HARD EARNED DOLLARS!!! The fact that he can stomp on me w/his car just ISN'T RIGHT!!! Someone please tell me this was a fluke...because with my old setup, it was strong enough to hold down a GT...BTW, all I have is a bottomless intake w/blitz filter, which gives argueable gains...and yes, this may lead to a psychotic frenzy of mods, which i definately don't have money for right now...
I know exactly how you feel. It is irritating to see someone not earn what they have, then gloat about it. "you're car is old" That gets annoying. Sorry I can't ask Mommy and Daddy for a new one. Hey, just take the time to do the mods one at a time, then crap all over him. Smoke the tires when you're done, just to make yourself feel better
Old 01-03-2004, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by maxcross
I know exactly how you feel. It is irritating to see someone not earn what they have, then gloat about it. "you're car is old" That gets annoying. Sorry I can't ask Mommy and Daddy for a new one. Hey, just take the time to do the mods one at a time, then crap all over him. Smoke the tires when you're done, just to make yourself feel better
That's exactly how i feel...Mommy and Daddy aren't helping me on the car...they aren't forking over 41 bones for a car for me...And I definately knew something was twisted about that running, because, as you all observed, the power/weight ratio of the two cars just don't work out...At least I can take comfort in the fact that it's my ride, and that I can fit people comfortably in the back seat (C320s are TINY...)
Old 01-03-2004, 08:03 AM
Handsome

Put the bottle on. It is cheap and reliablility does not suffer. Start with a 55 shot and you will walk him.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:13 AM

oh god...you've done it now...you've got me thinking about the bottle...seriously thinking about the bottle...Do most of the guys here have a dry system? I've always been of the wet, properly plumbed system, which i helped a friend do on his bored and stroked 350 (it's now a 427...it's so cool being able to say it's a 427...and he had an ATI Procharger installed onto it as well, which cost him a pretty penny...custom S/C installs=mucho $$$...but I digress. I assume most guys here have dry systems...does anyone have issues with that? Like I said, I was always from the wet system camp, but I'm now reconsidering....and If I did get some, what do most people use? I'd probably get ZEX or Venom (I have hookups on ZEX, and I hear excellent things about the Venom computer controlled systems...)
Old 01-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I got walked by an A8 one night, no big deal.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:19 AM

really? I hope it was an S8, 'cause I can run on a kid at my school who has an A8 w/18 inch BBS RXIIs and BFG KDW's...I still have trouble against A6 2.7Ts from roll ons, but standing still, they're pretty easy to get...
Old 01-03-2004, 08:21 AM

And again, I must remind myself...i got walked by a 41K car with other people in my car...the people out of my car could've changed it alone, but he got me by a few car lengths...which makes it shameful for me...but an A8 is way more expensive...which makes it all good
Old 01-03-2004, 08:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

really? I hope it was an S8, 'cause I can run on a kid at my school who has an A8 w/18 inch BBS RXIIs and BFG KDW's...I still have trouble against A6 2.7Ts from roll ons, but standing still, they're pretty easy to get...
If you are 5 speed, you may be able to keep up a bit with an A8 but don't kid me. The one I ran has over 300 stock and there is no way you or most anyone would have caught this A8. A8's are not slow cars especially when they get up to speed.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Handsome

oh god...you've done it now...you've got me thinking about the bottle...seriously thinking about the bottle...Do most of the guys here have a dry system? I've always been of the wet, properly plumbed system, which i helped a friend do on his bored and stroked 350 (it's now a 427...it's so cool being able to say it's a 427...and he had an ATI Procharger installed onto it as well, which cost him a pretty penny...custom S/C installs=mucho $$$...but I digress. I assume most guys here have dry systems...does anyone have issues with that? Like I said, I was always from the wet system camp, but I'm now reconsidering....and If I did get some, what do most people use? I'd probably get ZEX or Venom (I have hookups on ZEX, and I hear excellent things about the Venom computer controlled systems...)
I believe most guys are runnning NX wet set ups.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:35 AM

Those darn germans and thiere great cars!!
Old 01-03-2004, 11:05 AM
brotherhood of tq

being that i own my max and i also have two benzs parked in my driveway ( both c-classes) i must say that our cars feel alot faster but the benzs pick up speed in a real hurry and the dont seem to stop once they get going. now i've never raced the ones in my driveway but from what i gather from thos two in my driveway is that german cars hav a very wide powerband and that could be y u lost...
and ur definatly not gonna beat an A8, my dentist has an s8 and he walked on me so bad it isnt even funny. he more like ran off on me lol
Old 01-03-2004, 12:09 PM

benz... mmmm
Old 01-04-2004, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
being that i own my max and i also have two benzs parked in my driveway ( both c-classes) i must say that our cars feel alot faster but the benzs pick up speed in a real hurry and the dont seem to stop once they get going. now i've never raced the ones in my driveway but from what i gather from thos two in my driveway is that german cars hav a very wide powerband and that could be y u lost...
and ur definatly not gonna beat an A8, my dentist has an s8 and he walked on me so bad it isnt even funny. he more like ran off on me lol
Yeah, an S8 is no competition... it's a slaughter... But a '97 A8 is definately possible...don't forget how friggin heavy they are. They have a good 4000+ curb weight, even though they're aluminum...all that wood, leather, etc adds up...Also, take into account the fact that the guy was in neutral, and tried to dump the car into drive like on a RWD car, which he normally drives (his mom's '98 M3 convertible...lucky *****...) and bogged the hell out of it...I learned on a 4WD, and that's not the way to drive em...powerbraking is the name of the game. From a standstill, we'll have 'em, unless the guy driving really really knows how to perfectly launch his car, or if it's wet out. However, on a roll, we'll lose...

Anyway, I used some Sea Foam yesterday, and after a 2nd tank of gas, fiddling around with things, reset ECU, my car now feels ALOT better. It does a very long, very satisfying chirp from a stop, and will smoke the tires if i'm on a hill...I wasn't even getting a chirp on a hill when I rolled against the C. Only problem is that i'm about to add 70+ LBS of audio stuff...which means it's definately time for some mods...
Old 01-04-2004, 12:56 PM

mustang gt vs our 4th gens

Hiya all, I finnally got around to making a post :-D me a hehe

anywho, How do our almost stock 4th gens stand up against a Mustang GT? Cause I was road kill :-( (but then again, I had 3 people in my little baby) I also only have a OSCAI and a hacked airbox (the FSB aint gonna add hp ;-) ... maybe that McDonald stick might add a few hp .....)
Old 01-04-2004, 04:25 PM

a mustang GT auto (based on the way the car shifted), no mods (based on the sound, i heard no aftermarket exhaust sound, plus it looked bone stock, no intake (sound), it had a smooth idle (no manifolds, heads, cams, etc) without the weird idle of a stroker or a car with a UDP or lightened driveshaft. Add to that the fact that he had 20 inch chromies, underbody neons, interior neons, 2 TVs (it was night, so one can see all of this, even though his car was tinted) and bass that was hitting REALLY hard...hard enough for it to mean a serious weight penalty. Add to that the fact that it was a '95...which didn't have that much power to begin with...225HP...and the fact that they're already beginning with a 200LB weight defecit (i think the number goes up, that weight quote i saw was for sticks) means that it wouldn't be that hard...
Old 01-04-2004, 04:29 PM
DoGGy

i just dont understand how u could keep up with a gt? a gt stick shift stock does 60 in 5.4 seconds. with 20" chromes its still capable of doing 5.8 so explain how u kept up with it/ beat it??

Old 01-04-2004, 04:44 PM
brotherhood of tq

im guessing that the autos may be alot slower and the extra weight may have slower him down a bit
Old 01-04-2004, 05:04 PM

a '95? They definately don't do 5.8, I have a friend who bought one (94 GT auto, it's since been converted to a Tremec T56, and a 4V 302 motor w/.030 over...) 2 months ago, and when it was stock, it would get an initial jump on my max, but would only hold me to about a 1 car lead. Remember, this is an AUTO... This car had 20 inch chromies, which probably weighed in excess of 30lbs a piece just for the wheels, and that's being extremely, extremely generous, and if you do some homework about wheel weight and diameters, that extra weight for the 4 wheels total would equal a HUGE amount of additional sprung weight...like 350-400+ LBS, if not even more than 400... i think the Max Mods site covers this...add to that the additional weight of his audio, which had to be a ton, given what i was hearing out of his car, and the TVs, etc. This means that, taking into account the unsprung/sprung weight conversion, that plus the stereo, he's looking at more than 600 extra LBS of sprung weight...if not more...again, i'm being generous. Add the 200lbs of weight defecit...and that would make for an easy kill. Newer GTs are a different story...