4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

First performance couple mods...I know this has been answered...and i searched too!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 10:22 PM

Aiight check this. I'm new up in this heezay and I'm also young (16 to be exact) don't start hatin' on me cuz i got a max at my age. This is one of those "pass me down" cars. Well anywayz...i got a 97' SE, I know this question has been answered grips of times, and i searched, but couldn't find anythin' bout' it. I'd appreciate the help. The way you homeboyz be talkin' makes me feel really novice. Well aiight thanks...

Old 03-02-2001, 11:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

1) What's your question?

2) Please don't talk like a "gansta". It may sound cool, but it is almost impossible to understand what you're saying when you type like you speak.

3) Search for "intake", "y-pipe", "CAI", "FSTB", "RSB". Those are your basic first mods.

4) Read the FAQ on the main page. It'll answer some more questions.

5) Check out the links on the main page also. There are links to a whole bunch of sites where you can read up on mods.
Old 03-03-2001, 03:57 AM
Master Will

I feel ya.....ya heard.......

Originally posted by 2GaNGsTa
Aiight check this. I'm new up in this heezay and I'm also young (16 to be exact) don't start hatin' on me cuz i got a max at my age. This is one of those "pass me down" cars. Well anywayz...i got a 97' SE, I know this question has been answered grips of times, and i searched, but couldn't find anythin' bout' it. I'd appreciate the help. The way you homeboyz be talkin' makes me feel really novice. Well aiight thanks...

#1 Stunna........
Maxima straight rollin' we bout'dat.....and hooking my Maxima up myself....I did dat.......
Click on my page in my sig..............97'Nissan Maxima
Old 03-03-2001, 04:53 AM

Originally posted by clee130
1) What's your question?

2) Please don't talk like a "gansta". It may sound cool, but it is almost impossible to understand what you're saying when you type like you speak.

3) Search for "intake", "y-pipe", "CAI", "FSTB", "RSB". Those are your basic first mods.

4) Read the FAQ on the main page. It'll answer some more questions.

5) Check out the links on the main page also. There are links to a whole bunch of sites where you can read up on mods.

I'm with clee130 on this one.....jeez man.....I cringe with the thought of the youth that will run this country someday.

BriGuyMax
Old 03-03-2001, 09:32 PM

hey BriGuyMax I'm 19 and I even cringe with the thought of the youth that will run this country someday. it's going to be pretty bad. ehh a 97se as a hand me down car geez. Thats a pretty good hand me down car. I wish I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth
Old 03-03-2001, 10:59 PM

Originally posted by 2GaNGsTa
Whats ur question? and can't u write something up that sounds normal? U might talk like a thug to ur friends, cuz i do, but i myself find it more useful if u type stuff that everyone can understand...

first off do some basic automotive research, i'm only 18 and thats how i started. don't get all caught up in what u can buy, but start in researching stuff, it saves money
Old 03-03-2001, 11:06 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Come on guys... don't come down to hard on the guy...
We were all 16 once! (I think I was anyways... dang.. my memory is going...)

Old 03-04-2001, 08:43 AM

We were all 16 once

but hopefully we didn't aspire to talk like an uneducated, scumbag, all about the BLING! BLING! CASHMONEY, lowlife, trashtalking, piece of crap. Why should people aspire to bring their levels lower than what they can achieve? Why should you or anyone act like thugs? Yeah, yeah, Uhh, uhh, if I talk rap and crap people will throw me some ends in my Benz, so I can make some dough rolling with my ho from the 5.0. Sorry but get that crap out of here. Have more respect for yourself and others will also.
Old 03-04-2001, 09:11 AM

I'm 16 and I don't talk like him
Old 03-04-2001, 09:38 AM

Originally posted by costcowholesale
I'm 16 and I don't talk like him
Same here
Old 03-04-2001, 03:08 PM

Hey man, no matter how you talk you are welcomed here. I was 16 when I first found this place and when I got my first Max. You'll mature over the years as you become more knowledgable of your car. I'm 20 now. As for first mods, you should always start with an intake, whether is be a Cold-Air, or just an open element. Then the exhaust. For the exhaust you should work your way back from the engine, by getting a y-pipe first. You may find that that is all you need. You can add other exhaust mods later. Work on your suspension first. A Front Strut Tower Brace is a good start. Then do a rear-sway bar, and finally springs and struts. Be warned that by doing suspension work, it may make you car feel slower because of the increased control. This is where modding gets addictive. Set a budget and don't overspend. You don't want to be the dude with the tight car, but too broke to go to the movies.