4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

dent questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 08:31 PM
bennny

dent questions

for anyone who has had dents popped, how much did it cost per dent (specify if it was a rather large one or a small one)? i have about 4 very small dents that i need popped and about 2 large ones. im going to start looking around at free estimates but i was just wondering how good the final producted looked once finished and if you thought the money was worth it, and if redoing the paint afterwards consisted as a problem afterwards. thx

Old 01-05-2004, 10:32 PM

park outside of the dent wizzard early morning.. wait for the guys to drive out, chase one and flag him down, offer him 50 bucks and he'll pull them out in a few minutes.
everytime i see a ding king type vehicle driving by i pull him over and have him do a couple of dings for like 20-30 bucks. it works all the time.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:02 PM

I got a quote from one of the moble dent guys and he offered me to do 15 dents for about $260. He told me he just wanted enough to pay off his tattoo or something. I never got it done since I didnt have money.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My suggestion: Just give up.

Dents are a fact of life. There will always be that one stupid obese woman parked 6 inches away from you, at the supermarket parking lot, that has to squeeze her way out of her car while her door is mashed up against your baby. Sure you can park way out in the back but sooner or later some idiot will park RIGHT next to you, even though there are a million vacant spots. Just be glad that you don't own a Porsche or something. I live in Los Angeles and dents/dings are something you have to learn to accept. Keying is a different story. but dents and scrapes are inevitable. The other day I saw some kids dining on my car hood. They were enjoying their Del Taco ON MY CAR! Now that's absurd!
Old 01-05-2004, 11:46 PM
Maxima Mike

There's always "Pops-a-Dent!"

Old 01-06-2004, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Maxima Mike
There's always "Pops-a-Dent!"
is that the do-it-yourself dent remover thing you see on tv? does it work? i got some dents to get fixed as well.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by kchida
My suggestion: Just give up.

Dents are a fact of life. There will always be that one stupid obese woman parked 6 inches away from you, at the supermarket parking lot, that has to squeeze her way out of her car while her door is mashed up against your baby. Sure you can park way out in the back but sooner or later some idiot will park RIGHT next to you, even though there are a million vacant spots. Just be glad that you don't own a Porsche or something. I live in Los Angeles and dents/dings are something you have to learn to accept. Keying is a different story. but dents and scrapes are inevitable. The other day I saw some kids dining on my car hood. They were enjoying their Del Taco ON MY CAR! Now that's absurd!
I got my car used in 99 with 12,000 miles on it.

It has 160 some odd thousand miles on it now, and has the same two little dings it had when I bought it.

Being **** Retentive about where you park, while annoying your friends, can pay off in the long run.

Also, never EVAR double-park or park TOO far out. You're just asking for it. Especially when you double-park. You are announcing to every low-life with a beat up Pinto - that you are better than they are and that your **** doesn't stink. Intentional or not, that is what they see.

Park TOO far out, and now you attract the rice-boys (no offense to any resident rice-boys) with more show than go.

Being **** retentive is an art form.