4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

WarpSpeed 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2001, 12:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

WarpSpeed 3" SC Y pipe

Dan and I are always considering requests for different exhaust configs, the following are several photo's of our prototype 3" Y pipe for the supercharged gen 4.

We are sending it out today to one of the members to try out for a couple of weeks, he will be checking clearances and fitment as well as noise level and level of performance.

We are also sending a modified catalytic converter which will bolt up to the 3 bolt header type flange which is required for the 3" pipe size. This has never yet been tried on a car so we are not sure how the clearance issue will work due to the larger diameter of the flex section.
So if it fits as we think it will we feel the larger size will give the flow needed to run those higher boost pressures involved with the supercharged system.

We will keep you updated. If everything fits well we will probably need another member to try it out before we actually run some production pipes. It is more expensive than our 2.5" due to the cost of the flex and we have yet to price it, the pipe in the photo is an aluminized steel version. The production models will probably be stainless to handle the higher heat better.

Take a look at the following links:

http://bmfjeep.tripod.com/ebay/super1a.JPG
http://bmfjeep.tripod.com/ebay/super2a.JPG
http://bmfjeep.tripod.com/ebay/super3a.JPG
http://bmfjeep.tripod.com/ebay/super4a.JPG

Dallas & Dan WarpSpeed Performance

Old 03-03-2001, 04:06 PM

you guys make anything for the 5th gen people?=P
Old 03-03-2001, 04:12 PM

gen 5 soon

We are working on the gen 5 as well, looks like we found a car to prototype and have made arrangements for a CA version as well.

Dallas
Old 03-28-2001, 12:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Impressions on Warpspeed Catalytic Converter

I purchased one a little while ago. In my opinion the product is very shoddily built, almost like a cheap metal can. In addition, Warpspeed Performance instructed me that it could be installed in either direction and that the exhaust could flow through either way which seemed a little shady. My suspicions were confirmed upon installation when it became clogged. Moreover, since they are a smaller company their warranty and customer service is not up to par with that of a larger company like Random Technology. I can't speak for their Y-Pipes becuase I have never tried them, but as for Catlaytic Converters I think it's better to go off with an RT cat. As the saying goes you get what you pay for.
Old 03-28-2001, 07:42 PM

Re: Impressions on Warpspeed Catalytic Converter

Originally posted by maxflow
I purchased one a little while ago. In my opinion the product is very shoddily built, almost like a cheap metal can. In addition, Warpspeed Performance instructed me that it could be installed in either direction and that the exhaust could flow through either way which seemed a little shady. My suspicions were confirmed upon installation when it became clogged. Moreover, since they are a smaller company their warranty and customer service is not up to par with that of a larger company like Random Technology. I can't speak for their Y-Pipes becuase I have never tried them, but as for Catlaytic Converters I think it's better to go off with an RT cat. As the saying goes you get what you pay for.
If you purchased a catalytic converter from us or anyone and it clogged it means your engine is blowing either oil or antifreeze or silicone through the converter. If it is running too rich or you have a bad o2 sensor they will run red hot. That is not the fault of the catalytic converter. They are designed to burn contaminants. Most converters are designed to flow either way, there is an arrow on top if they are not which indicates the flow direction.

I am of the opinion if you were to place all of the five converters on the market side by side they all look like cheap metal cans . They all have stainless bodies, they all have ceramic biscuits made by the same company (Catco makes them all). Of Catco, Carsound, Arvin, Goerlich or Random you would not be able to tell the differnce.

We handle our customer service through email or phone just like the big guys, we quit using that Madam Cleo the fortune teller to tell us when someone might have a problem.
Perhaps you might try the phone or email since we have no idea by your user name even who you really are.

Our converter has a 5 year 25K warranty,if you clog it because you are burning oil or anti freeze will clog any brand of converter, even a Random.
Dallas
Old 03-28-2001, 09:18 PM

Hmm... i wonder if it will be Adam testing it. hehe.
Any word on a y-pipe for the 4th gen cali spec maximas? Any word guys?
Old 03-29-2001, 11:06 AM

Originally posted by Synki
Hmm... i wonder if it will be Adam testing it. hehe.
Any word on a y-pipe for the 4th gen cali spec maximas? Any word guys?
We have a CA/Y pipe so I would sy you can expect some shortly, within the next several weeks. They will probably be available only in stainless, we are working on doing one which eliminates the front pre-cat as well. We think we might have the o2 sensor light problem solved.

Dallas
Old 03-29-2001, 04:14 PM

Re: Re: Impressions on Warpspeed Catalytic Converter

Originally posted by bmfjeep

If you purchased a catalytic converter from us or anyone and it clogged it means your engine is blowing either oil or antifreeze or silicone through the converter. If it is running too rich or you have a bad o2 sensor they will run red hot. That is not the fault of the catalytic converter. They are designed to burn contaminants. Most converters are designed to flow either way, there is an arrow on top if they are not which indicates the flow direction.

I am of the opinion if you were to place all of the five converters on the market side by side they all look like cheap metal cans . They all have stainless bodies, they all have ceramic biscuits made by the same company (Catco makes them all). Of Catco, Carsound, Arvin, Goerlich or Random you would not be able to tell the differnce.

We handle our customer service through email or phone just like the big guys, we quit using that Madam Cleo the fortune teller to tell us when someone might have a problem.
Perhaps you might try the phone or email since we have no idea by your user name even who you really are.

Our converter has a 5 year 25K warranty,if you clog it because you are burning oil or anti freeze will clog any brand of converter, even a Random.
Dallas

I have a 98 Maxima SE. I had a few problems after installing the WSP Y-Pipe and the WSP CAT. First, the cat was about 3/4 inch longer than that of my factory cat. Also, the Y-pipe meshing is being pressed together, probably from the CAT being longer than it should be. I don't know if these problems occurred before, but after speaking to someone at Warp Speed Performance. I had the CAT measured by MIDAS and they also immediately noticed the length difference.