4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

has anyone took off their ac?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 01:26 PM

has anyone took off their ac?

i have probably posted this before but i want to take off my ac this spring, and i was woundering if anyone has done it, did u feel any difference, and what size belt did u get to replace the old one?
Old 01-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've thought about this. Mine quit working about 2 yrs. ago so I figured, why haul it around all the time? I've heard the entire system weighs about 50-60 pounds. I looked at the belt set-up though and without the ac pulley there, I'm not sure if the belt will clear the tensioner pulley on it's trip from the alternator to the crank pulley. I may try it before too long. I'm gonna be driving this car forever (unless I wreck it) so I'm not really worried about resale.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by BSwithTF
I've thought about this. Mine quit working about 2 yrs. ago so I figured, why haul it around all the time? I've heard the entire system weighs about 50-60 pounds. I looked at the belt set-up though and without the ac pulley there, I'm not sure if the belt will clear the tensioner pulley on it's trip from the alternator to the crank pulley. I may try it before too long. I'm gonna be driving this car forever (unless I wreck it) so I'm not really worried about resale.
yea i have the same story, i love my car and im never going to sell it, i heard that the actual thing is 30 lbs but its still weight reduction but people say that u can get another belt at like auto zone or napa, but i want to know what is the belt #?if i do it any time soon and im successful il let u guys know how it went.