4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Bixenon Headlights= Bad News

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 07:11 PM
Still kickin'

Bixenon Headlights = Bad News

OK, so here's my review of Indigomax's Bixenon Projectors. I'm going to be as frank as possible with everything including parts of conversations and Pm's from myself and Indigomax. Lets see what my $580 got me, shall we.
Lets start with fit, finish, and the parts that are in the "kit." Upon opening the box, i saw that they had been wrapped in some buble wrap and pages from a magazine , undetered i unwrapped the headlights. Then i make a horrible discovery. The headlight housings are dirty, cracked, and one of the lenses has what appears to be tape residue on the INSIDE of the light. I then notice that the other light's housing isn't in much better shape. The lip on the side of the light where the lens connects to it is broken off. then i notice a series of little abraisions (for lack of a better word) on the lense of that light. I realize that these too are on the inside of the lens. Well needless to say at this point i'm starting to get a little upset. I then pull the rest of the "kit" from the box. the "kit" consists of 2 D2S bulbs, 2 ignitors, 2 hella ballasts, 2 "wiring harnesses" for the ballasts, a circuit city brand cd in a clear slimline case, and a bag with 4 copper female butt conectors and two unmarked black fuses with corrosion on them. Ok, so at this point i figured it's still ok, and atleast the HID parts look ok.
Now lets move on to the "instructions" that were sent with in the package. I popped the cd into the computer, and i open up the folder on the cd. I look and on the CD there are 2 video clips, a word document and a powerpoint presentation. So i start with the word document. I open it and all i get is an error screen, so i figure, screw that, lets see the powerpoint presentation. I open it, and there are only 2 slides showing parts that look nothing like the parts that came in the "kit." OK, a little perterbed, i decide that the videos would be all i needed anyway. So i start the first video. It's a video taken outside with alot of loud traffic every few seconds or so. I see Indigomax, i assume it was him, holding a wire with a huge red cap on the end, and he is explaining how to wire the HID kit. I listen, and he then says, "Since this is a HID kit you no need your highbeams...yada yada yada," so i'm starting to wonder about the "instructions" he is giving. ON a side note, he charged me $15 for the cd, which should have been included anyway, and that had nothing to do with these headlights, or the HID system i received. OK, i figured, i can figure it out; i've installed so many steroe systems and alarms for my friends, i thought this shouldn't be to hard.
Well i tried PM'ing Indigo about the "instruction" foul up, and his response was, and i quote, "You can see the video and you will see how to install it, its easy, al my costumers did that without a problem. And yes, the brown is negatica and yellow positive. You will see the same in the solenoid control from the projector, so you dont have to wait any mod on it." needless to say i was rather confused by what he meant. Today I finally figured out how to wire them up and work like they're supposed to, with no help at all from Indigo. Big thanks go to Geo1317, without his help, i wouldn't have figured it out.
OK, now let's move on to the light output. Well, anyone with HID's will tell you it's a hell of alot better than the 9004's, actually anything is :P . I turned them on the first day i got them, and posted that the light output is great, even though the housings look like ****. However, tonight was the first night i've driven with them on the car, other than around campus. What i've discovered is that the projector housing is at too much of an upward angle. I know the pictures in the thread about these show a great cutoff, but the problem is that picture is taken when he was close to a wall. If he were to back up, the light "beam" would continue to get higher and higher. I found this out tonight as i was driving. I kept getting flashed everywhere, and actually came home without my headlights on, because i was afraid i was blinding people left and right. When i got home, i parked the car with the lights on and walked away from it until the light hit me in the eyes. i only had to go about 30ft before the lights were too bright to look at. I haven't finished fiddling with level on them yet, but i doubt i can drop it down the 20 degrees or so that i need to, to keep from blinding everyone.
Overall, i'm pi$$ed. I hate getting mad over anything, it's not my nature, but this is driving me fuking crazy. Indigo never, ever replies in a timely manner, he never really has a good answer to my questions, and is never there when you need him. I'm sorry to be such an a$$hole...wait i'm not. I have every right to be an a$$, it's my money, and i basically got robbed. Here's my last PM to him from the 21st.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, the video shows nothing close to the install for the headlights, and or how to wire the selenoid for the high beams. I'm by no means a novice at electrical systems, but i have no clue how to wire the selenoid in the projector. Do i need to splice the brown wire from the selenoid to the brown wire from the balast? then do i stick the gray wire with the last wire on the stock harness?

In reguards to the headlights not being new...come on now . you yourself said that the headlights would be new in one of the threads. if i was able to search, i would find it, but i can't, and it's not worth my time. i believe i would have rather bought new headlights and sent them to you for a discount than to have these excuses for headlights. the projector parts are fine, but hte lenses on the headlights are messy at best. I still want to know why i had to pay that much for used headlights. I know there's a bottom line to profit, but i wouldn't sacrifice the quality of the parts. i would rather have new lights than used ones, anybody would. I also understand that you couldn't send Karl his headlights due to some problem with them. you really need to get your act together if you hope to keep costomers.

Sorry to preach to you, but i'm dissappointed in what i got. But don't take that the wrong way. The lights are great as far as lighting are concerned. The problem is how everything seems to be going down. I want a refund for the "video." it was useless, and a ripoff, and should have been included anyway. $15 for a 10 min video on a $1 cd is absurd, and a crock of ****. I also think i should be entitled to a small refund for these light's in some way too. $565 for what looks like used equipment??

BTW - for your future kits/headlights i highly recomend that the right stuff gets into the box. Not only that, i think that your quality/craftsmanship needs to improve alot. if i had received a set of headlights that looked like the one in the picture in the thread, you would be hearing nothing but praise. I wouldn't have minded the instructions being completely wrong. But with the ones i got, i feel like i'm getting ripped off.
------------------------------------------------------------------
He still hasn't replied to me, but he replied to the thread, which as far as i'm concerned is the last straw. I've given him ample time to try and fix this, but you just can't be nice to everyone i suppose.

I also feel sorry for soulrupture. He got basically the metaphorical equivalent to a 2x4 to the left *******. He was excited, and then out of the blue they "dropped his headlights" and they broke. then indigo told him they wouldn't be able to make another set for him .

OK, now my verdict.

EDITED AT 2:12 AM EST
Out of a possible 10 points, i give these lights a 5 , i decided to give them a 5 because:
1) after fiddling with them tonight i was able to get them aimed right, and it made a night and day difference as far as lighting is concerned, but they still should have come that way, and
2) Indigo still has not replied in any way, shape, or form.

BTW - If anyone is willing, i don't have anywhere to upload the pics to, but i have a picture of everything that came in the bow along with the problems i spoke about as well.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:20 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

Well thats a horrible story. Why can't people back there product? Something is seriously wrong here. Hope to hear some better news and good luck.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

glad to see that you where able to get the solenoid to work. use cardomain.com to upload the pictures.

and if you have anymore question feel free to ask, i dont want this mod to get a bad rep cause it great when done right.

if anyone wants a retro done i recomend these guys, i have heard nothing but good thing about them.

http://www.hidtech.com

again sorry to hear about all the problems
Old 01-23-2004, 07:47 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

thats sad, i really was considering these, the drawbacks were 1) the price, 2) the lack of english skills shown by the seller, sorry to hear about this bud, good luck with it all.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:02 PM

Bro when I talked to you on the phone I heard and felt your frustration, and I see it again in your words. I'm sorry you are having to go through such an experiance. What I went through is nothing compared to yours. I would still like to see if indigo makes right with you and restore the confidence you and I had placed in him. Granted this is a new venture but to have it happen like this is wrong. If I had received my lights as planned who knows what my reaction would have been.
I'm always willing to hear both sides of the story and not judge too harshly, that is why I'm waiting to see him make right with you. His treatment of you will determine if I will remain a possible customer.
Bro if anything I could help you with hola you got the #.
Peace
Old 01-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Jedi Knight

Mad and Soul,

I am sorry to see and hear that you guys got screwed on this deal. I kinda knew that it would happen and I posted in indgo's original thread, but it seems no one paid it any mind/attention. His initial cost was just unreasonable for the amount of work that I know would need to go into these and I know that geo1317 would agree. This just plain sux...and I understand your frustration. It seems like you're sorta handy, so if indigo decides to screw you...which I wouldn't put past him. I mean for cripes sake...he said he started a factory in Mexico due to some advice from an org member...what a crock of ****. I would go find him and kick him in the NADS. This is totally unacceptable as it puts a bad name on other vendors and people who want to be innovative and bring in new products.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:13 PM

Well to say i got screwed is not really true compared to Mad. Indigo refunded my money back right away so I didn't lose anything. It was Mad who took the brunt of it and is dealing with it right now. I looked at hidtech.com and the your right about the amount of work that goes into this. The scope of a mod like this is exstensive. For some reason I had not fully grasped that till I read more into the whole prosses.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:53 PM

Man WTF did youy expect you didn't see me chop this man down about 50 differn't times, he can';t even spell Projectors properly. Dude, I said about 5 differn't time i didn't trust to do business with anybody that doesn't know how to spell in english the product they're selling. Dude, this is your bad. he spelt Projects with a Y, what amoron i guess you got what you were asking for eh? People never want to listen.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:48 PM

Don't hate someone just because their English is less than perfect. You think your 4th gen was built by English speaking people?

To say not to trust someone just because of their English skills is the same as saying that some stranger around the corner is trustworthy because his English is perfect.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:32 PM
Still kickin'

Well, after about 2 hours or so of work tonight, i was finally able to get the headlights aimed properly. when i started working on them, one of the bulb holders (the part attached to the projector itself) came out. So i was like WTF is this ****. well, after looking at it, i figured out a way to point the projectors down a little more by enlarging the hole in the back where the projectors go through. after that, the stock alignment rods did the rest, and i was finally able to get the damn things to the the level they're supposed to be. boy did that make a night and day difference to the amount of light on the road. I like them alot more now that the light is where it is supposed to be. the blemishes still suck, but at night when the lights are on, you can't see them unless your like right up on the lights.

I think i may end up keeping them, even though they're a hassle. I did get a few compliments on them too, which didn't hurt.

geo1317 - i know i've been bugging the hell outta you about the wiring, but i did run into a small problem when i was wiring them up. When i had the headlights wired to the corner lamps, without the corner lamps plugged in, the head lights worked fine. the high beams worked to. the problem aroused (sp?) when i plugged them back in before i went out tonight. when i turned on the lights they turned on for like 2 seconds, then went off. come to find out, i blew the fuse. here's my question, and i know this is going to sound absurd. what i was thinking about doing is using the power from the corner lamps to run the HID's, but have the corner lamps running on the low beam of the head light. yes i know they'll turn off when i hit the highs, but with the highs on, i shouldn't matter. does that sound like it would work? or should i just wire a switch for the high beams? also if i do that, will i need to run a fuse or something in line with power from the battery?
again, thanks for your help, and sorry to keep bugging you with these crazy hypotheticals.

Tight_Whip - ok, i can understand where you're coming from, but as far as i'm concerned, i did it to be the first with these..almost a guinea pig. But don't chastize me for it. i know he can't spell, but for you to say it's "my bad" is quite the contrary. At least i had the ***** to put myself out on a limb and give these a shot. I don't see you taking any risks like that.

Sol - i hear you man, and i appreciate the support, check your pm's.

Final note, i changed the rating on my original post to reflect my findings from tonight.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:33 PM

Language aside the fact of the matter is that he got ripped off for what he paid, now comes the waiting game to see if he's going to stand behind his product which he appears not to be doing.

LEMAR
Old 01-24-2004, 04:33 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Mad-MAX_SE: i am very sorry to hear that you have had so many problems with this project. you are one of the most patient people i know for giving Indigo so much credit... he basically screwed you over in every way possible, and whether it was beacause of his supplier or him just trying to rip you off ( i'm skeptical but i don't want to assume things) his treatment of the situation is unacceptable. he ripped you off with the used/damaged housings, the worthless instructions, and the lack of responce to rectify the situation. if i were you i would ask him for a refund on everything except the HID unit itself, because even the projector part (the one thing he actually made) was faulty and required significant modification by you to make it work. it definityly was not a "plug and play" kit as he said it would be...

i am very dissapointed with the outcome of this because i was really looking forward to getting these myself, but there's no way in hell i'd nuy anything from this guy now, i mean he just screwed you over too many times.

i am very skeptical of indigo's claim that he actually moved to mexico and opened up a factory, because why would he not be able to make a second set for soulrupture if that was really the case... i have to say the stuff on his site for both our cars and other models looks wonderful and professionally made but this guy has shown that he is not a good businessman and that what you see is far from what you're gonna get

i wish you the best of luck in sorting this whole thing out with indigo in the best possible manner
Old 01-24-2004, 05:26 AM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by Tight_Whip
Man WTF did youy expect you didn't see me chop this man down about 50 differn't times, he can';t even spell Projectors properly. Dude, I said about 5 differn't time i didn't trust to do business with anybody that doesn't know how to spell in english the product they're selling. Dude, this is your bad. he spelt Projects with a Y, what amoron i guess you got what you were asking for eh? People never want to listen.
I understand what you're saying about the English problem, but it doesnt always reflect what the person has to offer.

When you go to a chinese take out and they dont speak english, does your food always turn out bad?

It's nobody's fault but the seller himself. That thread looked promising too.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:23 AM

will first off damm long write up ,man sorry to hear you are goin thru such an
experience but what can we do live and learn let's hope he has a good
excuse and prof's every body wrong by doing thinks right .
hope the out come of it all is the best . good luck bro
Old 01-24-2004, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mad-MAX_SE
geo1317 - i know i've been bugging the hell outta you about the wiring, but i did run into a small problem when i was wiring them up. When i had the headlights wired to the corner lamps, without the corner lamps plugged in, the head lights worked fine. the high beams worked to. the problem aroused (sp?) when i plugged them back in before i went out tonight. when i turned on the lights they turned on for like 2 seconds, then went off. come to find out, i blew the fuse. here's my question, and i know this is going to sound absurd. what i was thinking about doing is using the power from the corner lamps to run the HID's, but have the corner lamps running on the low beam of the head light. yes i know they'll turn off when i hit the highs, but with the highs on, i shouldn't matter. does that sound like it would work? or should i just wire a switch for the high beams? also if i do that, will i need to run a fuse or something in line with power from the battery?
again, thanks for your help, and sorry to keep bugging you with these crazy hypotheticals.
Take a look at this diagram:

http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/hid...t-bi-xenon.gif

Now what you can do is replace the low beam trigger with the corner light trigger. Just plug in the corner light they way you normally would and tap the power wire to activate the trigger for the relay that will turn on the ballast

See if this helps you out any if not ill go into a little more detail.

Try and get the pictures posted because I can help you much better if I knew what you exactly had. Or you can email them if you can’t post them up

geo1317@aol.com
Old 01-24-2004, 01:57 PM

At least I'm able to make my decision on these much easier now... Sorry Mad, I'm pretty damn disapointed and I'm not even in your shoes here. I was gung ho to pick these right up too. Once I saw that he was saying he's moved to Mexico and started up a factory (in 2 weeks?) and he was running goods illegally across the US Border, dodging customs, taxes, and tarriffs... I knew things weren't going to be on the up and up.

Geo, thanks for the hidtech link, they look like they have quite a spectrum and variety of choices to customize your car. Have you ever dealt with them? I'm curious which of the packages I should get because they say different projectors and enclosures have different size limitations and I'm not sure which will fit into a Gen4 Maxima housing. They haven't got one of them in their "Projects" section so I'm not sure... but I am leaning towards the "Euro Spec Hella Bi-Xenon HID Package" for $399 which seems like an awesome price for:
2 Hella ECE spec D2S projectors.
2 Hella generation III ballasts.
2 Philips 85122 D2S HID bulbs (4300K).

Best of luck Mad, What I would do is make him buy brand new lenses, send them back to him on your dime, and make him replace them projectors in the brand new housings and ship it back to you for free. Of course I would tell him the "Installation CD" needs to be refunded as well.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Stringztoo
At least I'm able to make my decision on these much easier now... Sorry Mad, I'm pretty damn disapointed and I'm not even in your shoes here. I was gung ho to pick these right up too. Once I saw that he was saying he's moved to Mexico and started up a factory (in 2 weeks?) and he was running goods illegally across the US Border, dodging customs, taxes, and tarriffs... I knew things weren't going to be on the up and up.

Geo, thanks for the hidtech link, they look like they have quite a spectrum and variety of choices to customize your car. Have you ever dealt with them? I'm curious which of the packages I should get because they say different projectors and enclosures have different size limitations and I'm not sure which will fit into a Gen4 Maxima housing. They haven't got one of them in their "Projects" section so I'm not sure... but I am leaning towards the "Euro Spec Hella Bi-Xenon HID Package" for $399 which seems like an awesome price for:
2 Hella ECE spec D2S projectors.
2 Hella generation III ballasts.
2 Philips 85122 D2S HID bulbs (4300K).

Best of luck Mad, What I would do is make him buy brand new lenses, send them back to him on your dime, and make him replace them projectors in the brand new housings and ship it back to you for free. Of course I would tell him the "Installation CD" needs to be refunded as well.

i have never delt with them directly but every forum that i deal with about HID retros have nothing but good things to say about them. The best i can suggest is to get in touch with them and see what they recomend. Based on the pictures they provide those the same projectors i used so they should work.

Also remember the the $399 is only for the parts.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by geo1317

Also remember the the $399 is only for the parts.
Holy crap... you're right! They charge another $300 to install them! DAMN!
Old 01-24-2004, 04:43 PM

Mad-MAX_SE , I believe that you should not even go through this **** for the amount of $$$$ you paid. I feel so bad bro. I know how it feels when you open a package and your first impression is not A+.
I really hope everything works out and see if you can get your money back.
Just remember that in life , "what comes around, goes around".. that's a message for you Indigomax
Old 01-24-2004, 04:44 PM

Holy crap... you're right! They charge another $300 to install them! DAMN!

the reason i made them my self. Also consider the price of a pair of headlight and you are looking at close to $900, maybe at cost it would be lower but by how much. Thus that $580 seem too good to be true and i guess it was
Old 01-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Still kickin'

well eveything is now wired, thanks to that link geo1317 provided , i do like them still, but i think i should be entitled a new set without all these damn problems.

on a side note, i still have not heard from indigo. it's been a few days now, and now i'm worried he "skipped" out on me
Old 01-24-2004, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mad-MAX_SE
well eveything is now wired, thanks to that link geo1317 provided , i do like them still, but i think i should be entitled a new set without all these damn problems.

on a side note, i still have not heard from indigo. it's been a few days now, and now i'm worried he "skipped" out on me

glad to hear every thing is working now.

Oh and on a more positive note:

Old 01-24-2004, 05:24 PM

For that much money, you should have had BRAND NEW housings. If I were you, I'd ask him to pay for a new set of housings and if he doesn't pay up, take him to small claims court.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:52 PM
Tha Snatcher

all i can say is damn. That's fukking horrible how indigo sent you a jacked up product. What's even more horrible is that the customer service was ****. Makes me glad that i'm buying my projectors from Umnitza, a company that has quality products and the ***** to back them up.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by XenonHID_VQ
Makes me glad that i'm buying my projectors from Umnitza, a company that has quality products and the ***** to back them up.
How far have they even gotten on that project? have they even started it yet?
Old 01-24-2004, 06:31 PM

does anyone have info on this? are they doing 1 or 2 piece lights? dual or single projector setup? ...anyone?
Old 01-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Tha Snatcher

Still waiting on a prototype and no word on one piecers yet, but definitely a dual projector set up. check tha sig for details. Umnitza got a corner light and a headlight that speedemn sent. i'm still crossing my fingers for a one piece set up.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:15 PM

Still waiting on a prototype and no word on one piecers yet, but definitely a dual projector set up. check tha sig for details. Umnitza got a corner light and a headlight that speedemn sent. i'm still crossing my fingers for a one piece set up.
I have been following the project and (correct me if I'm wrong) the lights will based on a H9 light bulb.. Halogen and the projectors will also be for halogens.
Thus same problem
1) brighter halgens with halogen projectors
2) These projectors are not made for H.I.D.s
3)Those with H.I.D.s wont get the right light pattern (like the refracter housings)

This is why I took a chance with indigo. Halogens are on thier way out, so why invest $500-$700 on a dual projector mod useing halogens.
Only to retrofit them later and not get the light pattern from a true H.I.D. projector.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Still kickin'

very good point soul about the halogens, that's one of the reasons i decided to go with Indigo.

BTW - still no reply of any kind from indigo
Old 01-25-2004, 05:26 AM
Tha Snatcher

Originally Posted by soulrupture
I have been following the project and (correct me if I'm wrong) the lights will based on a H9 light bulb.. Halogen and the projectors will also be for halogens.
Thus same problem
1) brighter halgens with halogen projectors
2) These projectors are not made for H.I.D.s
3)Those with H.I.D.s wont get the right light pattern (like the refracter housings)

This is why I took a chance with indigo. Halogens are on thier way out, so why invest $500-$700 on a dual projector mod useing halogens.
Only to retrofit them later and not get the light pattern from a true H.I.D. projector.
yeah, ur correct about the H9s and yes both projectors for low beam and hi-beams. But I have a few question in response to your "problems"

1)brighter halogens w/ halogen projectors? how would the halos be brighter? incorrect aiming?
2)How aren't the projectors made for HIDs? Aren't projectors universal in their purpose? (focused beam w/ cut off?)
3)Beam pattern, i'm pretty confident that Umnitza will have that problem taken care of. Once again, i'll give my money to a brand name company then to a guy who thinks he can make the same product w/ the same quality.

www.umnitza.com
Check some of their products out. and you'll see the quality of there products. While you're there, check out the 5th gen angel eyes. they look awesome.

I'm not attacking you, soul, I'm just trying to get a clearer understanding.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:31 AM

i like our headlights, i just want the diamond cut headlights (97+ ones). Once I get those, im putting in PIAA super white bulps and polargs and ill be doing good.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:31 AM

if you expect to do business in the USA you should have a grasp on the English language
Old 01-25-2004, 10:47 AM

If I was Indigo I sure as hell would have jumped on this thread and explained myself. I was seriously considering buying a kit...What stopped me?
1- The big PRICE hike
2- MAD MAX's review...

For Indigo...
Old 01-25-2004, 10:50 AM

Anyone know if he is trying to sell this "deal" to any other Maxima forums? I would warn em if he is...
Old 01-25-2004, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by WillMax95
i like our headlights, i just want the diamond cut headlights (97+ ones). Once I get those, im putting in PIAA super white bulps and polargs and ill be doing good.

that's the spirit
Old 01-25-2004, 12:04 PM

^ Yeah, with a clean set of 97+ headlights and corner lights, the max + some hyperwhites can actually look nice. I used to run that setup before I had HIDs and it looked pretty slick IMO. I do prefer my 6000k HIDs and amber parking lights though, I guess you could say it looks almost stock to someone who doesn't know anything about cars, but clean to those who do.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:29 PM

Response to questions

yeah, ur correct about the H9s and yes both projectors for low beam and hi-beams. But I have a few question in response to your "problems"

“1)brighter halogens w/ halogen projectors? how would the halos be brighter? incorrect aiming?”
Ans: The projectors will put more light on the road vs. refractor housings. Making them more efficent thus they appear brighter. I also believe the H9 bulbs are of a higher wattage the our 9004s

“2)How aren't the projectors made for HIDs? Aren't projectors universal in their purpose? (focused beam w/ cut off?)”
Ans: In response to this question the answer is no. Halogen bulbs emit light at a horizontal direction so the projector is designed to capture and focus that light in that way. HIDs emit their light vertically so they require a projector setup to capture and focus the light.
You can use a HID bulb in the halogen projector but it was not designed for it so you will get a bad beam pattern

“3)Beam pattern, i'm pretty confident that Umnitza will have that problem taken care of. “
Ans: They will take of that. That is for sure. But as I stated before it will be a Halogen setup with projectors made to put a beam pattern from that setup on the road. It should be and will be the correct pattern and light. But this is NOT HIDs PROJECTORS and you can’t produce a clean and correct bean pattern if it’s not made for HIDs.

“Once again, i'll give my money to a brand name company then to a guy who thinks he can make the same product w/ the same quality.”
Ans: I hear you on that, it is always safer to buy from an establish source with a good reputation, but indigo provided a product that came very close to what a lot of people wanted an affordable product. So Mad and I took a shot.
1)indigo $375projectors-$600 all HIDs
2)Umnitza $500 – $700 no HIDs
3)Hidtech.com will sell you a kit for $900 to $1000

www.umnitza.com
“Check some of their products out. and you'll see the quality of there products. While you're there, check out the 5th gen angel eyes. they look awesome.”
Ans: I have checked them out before their demon eyes kits for the BMWs are off the hook. The 5th Gen. angel eyes kit is down right beautiful. They seem to have their stuff together.

“I'm not attacking you, soul, I'm just trying to get a clearer understanding.

Ans: I understand keep the questions coming and if I’m wrong let me know. I’m not too proud to learn.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

You are wrong. It's not a dual projector setup; only the low beam will be projectors. There is no H9 "high beam" projector in existence. If he's using the Hella H9 modular lamps, the high beams are free-from reflector type, not a projector lamp.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:40 PM

Ans: In response to this question the answer is no. Halogen bulbs emit light at a horizontal direction so the projector is designed to capture and focus that light in that way. HIDs emit their light vertically so they require a projector setup to capture and focus the light.
You can use a HID bulb in the halogen projector but it was not designed for it so you will get a bad beam pattern
You're saying halogens emit light at a horizontal direction whereas the HID bulb emit their light vertically? Can you elaborate on this? Were you speaking in terms of the orientation of the filament (Ex: transverse filament halogen bulb like the 9004 bulb) versus a HID bulb's arc, or the output of the light itself??? If you're referring to the actual light output, then what about halogen bulbs with longitudinal filaments (H1, H7, H9, 9006, 9005 etc)?

Installing HID in halogen projectors has been done by many people. If you place the HID capsule in a halogen projector so the arc is positioned where the halogen bulb's filament used to be (correct axis), then you should be able to maintain the same beam pattern as produced by the halogen bulb. There are many examples where people buy HID kids with rebased bulbs for use on their halogen reflectors with good results.

Ans: They will take of that. That is for sure. But as I stated before it will be a Halogen setup with projectors made to put a beam pattern from that setup on the road. It should be and will be the correct pattern and light. But this is NOT HIDs PROJECTORS and you can’t produce a clean and correct bean pattern if it’s not made for HIDs.
See the above. You may have a more pronounced "hot spot" due to using a DOT-spec halogen projector and a much brighter light source, but as stated if the HID bulb arc is positioned exactly where the halogen bulb filament used to be, then the beam pattern will be the same. Again because its a projector, the cut-off shield will define the beam pattern and you will have the same cutoff as you did prior to installing a HID bulb. You can do a search on google; there are many examples of people installing HID kits in halogen projector low beam lamps.

Mad-MAX_SE: sorry for the threadjacking but I wanted to clear some issues brought up about the other projectors headlights being prototyped.

Going back to your issue: Sucks that you were burned by indigomax. Sucks that hindsight is 20/20. Go back and look at his cardomain site. Isn't it fishy that this guy wouldn't show pics of the one's he's selling vs. the ones on his car. And also his cardomain site is a mess. He had pics of some completed retrofits on some non-US cars, pics of some RHD beam patterns, pics of him holding a HID projector, etc. who knows what you were going to get from him.

On his site:
Here he's demonstrating the light output of the Bixenon projector he's peddling but its RHD???

and what appears to be the ones on his Max having both RHD and LHD projectors on his car

The left side is using a RHD unit whereas the right side is using a LHD unit.

In this pic he's HOLDING the projector?!?!?!

We haven't seen the ones you bought from indigomax but if the lights were shining into the sky like you said then it makes me wonder if he was holding the projectors to simulate what it would look like "installed" on his Maxima. If one is so experienced then how can one botch an install, especially working on the same headlight housings as before? Shouldn't the experience improve one's skills?

Do you think he gave you the ones he had on his car? You said he claims the Maxima lights are brand new but from the "finished" pics in his site you can make out the pit marks on the lens.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:45 PM

Pic of the pitted lens.

IMO a partial refund is in order due to indigowmax misrepresenting his goods (assuming that you do end up keeping his ****). Otherwise he should refund you the full amount + a few $$$ for the time you took to fix his "worksmanship" so you can do it yourself or source them from another place.

Quick Reply: Bixenon Headlights= Bad News