4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Help me get rid of 4x4 look

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 09:27 PM

Help me get rid of 4x4 look

Well I have decided that I have had enought of the stock 4x4 look and want to lower my car. I know that there has been many treads about this but im still confused. There are just so many setups to choose from its overwhelming I have been leaning towards Tein S Tech with Tokico Illuminas <---- these are the struts right? I want to have a drop this is aggressive and even and im thinking that this combo will do the job right? Sorry about the dumb question but im just a when it come to suspension.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:37 PM
vsamoylov

Tokica illuminas are struts and shcoks together. then springs go around the shock.

i have H&R right now on stock struts and I don't like the ride either. It feels stock but I got the lowered look. I want to get Tokico Illuminas also. Anybody know how much they are and where I can get them?

Old 01-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Always sunny in philly

Progress springs w/KYB AGX's aww yeah.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:42 PM

how low will the progressive springs drop it? and does anyone know what that one guys website that had a very detailed section on the springs/struts combo, that would be usefull aswell.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by nissanfreak
Well I have decided that I have had enought of the stock 4x4 look and want to lower my car. I know that there has been many treads about this but im still confused. There are just so many setups to choose from its overwhelming I have been leaning towards Tein S Tech with Tokico Illuminas <---- these are the struts right? I want to have a drop this is aggressive and even and im thinking that this combo will do the job right? Sorry about the dumb question but im just a when it come to suspension.
I will give you the most craziest reply, save your money and buy some Mich . Pilot A/S tires on tirerack.com. If you have any left over , find a good Nissan dealer ; Courtesy nissan or jerryrome nissan (get the pic?) and purchase OEM replacement SE stock struts . You will thank me in about 3 months , if you go with my silly reply ; which of course I know that it is not silly. Oh , why I did not do this? Simply , because I am a fr---ing sheep and followed most of these numb--ts and got " Eibach & the almighty AGX adjustables " . I do have my stock springs under my bed, awaiting re-installment with Stock SE struts . You know the saying , " you never know what you have until it is gone" . Do not be a Sheep!
Old 01-23-2004, 09:49 PM
vsamoylov

what the hell are you talking about? aftermarket struts and shocks are alsways better than OEM struts and shocks. everybody has their own opinion and that is what we are saying. I am not trying to say get this cause I have it and it is only my opinion.

Old 01-23-2004, 10:00 PM
Boosted Panda

Thats a really good setup. The Illuminas are exspensive but really good. If you want a cheaper set of adjustable struts/shocks go with KYB's.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by maxdis1
I will give you the most craziest reply, save your money and buy some Mich . Pilot A/S tires on tirerack.com. If you have any left over , find a good Nissan dealer ; Courtesy nissan or jerryrome nissan (get the pic?) and purchase OEM replacement SE stock struts . You will thank me in about 3 months , if you go with my silly reply ; which of course I know that it is not silly. Oh , why I did not do this? Simply , because I am a fr---ing sheep and followed most of these numb--ts and got " Eibach & the almighty AGX adjustables " . I do have my stock springs under my bed, awaiting re-installment with Stock SE struts . You know the saying , " you never know what you have until it is gone" . Do not be a Sheep!
Uh he's asking for help to get rid of the 4x4 look...what does that have to do with lowering the car? How does lowering a car make us sheep...

To answer the question Sprint/AGX is great, great stance, great handling and the ride is not bad at all (in warmer climates) but the *** is kinda in the air. I'd like to cut a coil off the rear sometime.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ludacris
Uh he's asking for help to get rid of the 4x4 look...what does that have to do with lowering the car? How does lowering a car make us sheep...

To answer the question Sprint/AGX is great, great stance, great handling and the ride is not bad at all (in warmer climates) but the *** is kinda in the air. I'd like to cut a coil off the rear sometime.
The Sheep thing pi--ed you off eh? I am glad . I have to admit I actually felt good that I wrote that . Oh and Sprint is Garbage and so is AGX ! Did you say cut coil?Now I am laughing . It is sheep like you that lead people astray with jargon . I am trying to disuade someone from making the same mistake that a huge % of people (including myself ) have made .

Oh how much suspension noise was there before you went to your " Ultimate suspension"? How about bent rims ; bottoming out ; uncontrolled bouncing ; blown shocks; passenger complaints of harsh ride ( you do carry passengers right, or are you so selfish that you ride alone?).
Now let the flames begin.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:20 PM
Boosted Panda

The Sheep thing pi--ed you off eh? I am glad . I have to admit I actually felt good that I wrote that . Oh and Sprint is Garbage and so is AGX ! Did you say cut coil?Now I am laughing . It is sheep like you that lead people astray with jargon . I am trying to disuade someone from making the same mistake that a huge % of people (including myself ) have made .
Oh how much suspension noise was their before you went to your " Ultimate suspension"? How about bent rims ; bottoming out ; uncontrolled bouncing ; blown shocks; passenger complaints of harsh ride ( you do carry passengers right, or are you so selfish that you ride alone?).

What are you talking about? Im on Sprints and AGX's and they ride fine to me.
Ive been on this setup for over a year. I have no bent rims,no uncontrolled bouncing, (which would mean blown struts) and my passengers actually compliment how solid my suspension is. It is stiffer then lets say H&R's but its not unbearable. Ive ridden in my Inlaws acura with Nuespeeds and that is HARSH and unbearable.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
what the hell are you talking about? aftermarket struts and shocks are alsways better than OEM struts and shocks. everybody has their own opinion and that is what we are saying. I am not trying to say get this cause I have it and it is only my opinion.
Yes name the struts /shocks that are better than OEM nissan , which have the correct /same ride quality without drawbacks( I do mean same) for the nissan maxima.I am hoping that you mean that they last longer ? Yes some have . Oh for the price that those poor souls paid for tokico blues, they could have gotten OEM SE shocks for way less and last much longer (naturally combined with stock springs). Do not give me Drewn site . I have read every word . Thank you.

I know , and respect that everyone has an opinion , but I am surprised that everyday someone does the same things to the maxima that 80-100 other maximas already have. Most cases include a waste of money and inferior products that does not improve on the stock parts and improved satisfaction. We have a Sedan not a 350Z and the sad part is we(most people inaccurately) are misdirected to create a sports car .
Now re-read my reply , that is what the hell I am talking about. Oh do not be fooled , nothing aftermarket ( well for the fri--ing maxima at least) could have the R&D capabilities as the factory and that is why my friend Aftermarket is just that , Aftermarket.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Soo...if you were to lower your ride...what would be the SOFTEST setup you can get?
Old 01-24-2004, 12:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

He doesn't want the 4x4 look anymore. Deal with it. If you don't have a solution for it (stock springs wont cut it ) dont reply. No one gives a **** if you dont mind looking like you're going 4-wheeling...
Old 01-24-2004, 12:22 AM
Maxima95Tuner

So tell me maxdis1, if the maxima is "just a sedan" and nothing more, why the clear corner lenses and tails on yours? Why the FSTB? Why any other mods? If it's just a sedan like you say it is, then why did you put money into it to make it handle better, or drive nicer? Most people on here arent trying to make it a sports car, because it really isnt. But I guarantee you that alot of the maximas with upgraded suspension can out handle most other fixed up cars on the road.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:46 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I prefer the 4x4 "look." The maxima ain't a race car. I personally put on KYB gr-2's, and it is stiffer. Tho, I enjoy a OEM look. Quit ragging on a person's opionion for liking the 4x4 look...you sometimes frequently hear on this board.. "look at the new carbon fiber speedometer arm...it's 1 oz lighter!...im gonna pay $50 for it!.. ". I realize the original poster wants to drop his car, but from what advice/knowledge??? A million posts about aftermarket spring/strut combos? I'm pretty grumpy right now...bah.

Oh yeah...i mainly prefer my "4x4" because I can speed thru any road condition. You ever see a low-rider have to go 2 mph through a speed bump...it cracks me up personally.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:13 AM

maxdis1,

You have a lot of bitterness in you. Was your experience that bad with "aftermarket" spring/strut setup? Sounded like you've been had, sheeped, yourself. Care to let us in your sad story? I am personally rolling on stock suspension and wheels/tires and I like it just fine. I've been there with dubs, slammed suspension, the works. I liked it, but that's not what I'm after anymore. It still doesn't make me a sheep because the outcome, being that I liked it, was totally different from yours. You disliked it and that's why you are ranting about it and encouraging others against it. Personally, I think that once you change something from a stock setup, everything else will not work together as designed by the car engineers. Now, a harsh ride comes from many things: lower profile tires, bigger wheels, lowering springs and struts, special spindles, control arms, and stabilizer bars. But basically, lowering the center of gravity for most vehicles makes the ride stiffer "like their on rails" because the body roll is reduced due to the lower center of gravity. Not everyone likes that feel and some have resorted back to stock since that is their preferred feel. But that doesn't make everyone a sheep because everyone makes their own decisions and ultimately, they'll live with consequences of such decisions. After that, they're better informed and learned their lesson and would be able to make better choices later on. That's exactly what happened to you and mostly likely to everyone else who shares the same viewpoint as you. And other's who have started the same journey to the ultimate suspension as you would travel the same paths you've travelled on. But the outcome would definitely be different because everyone has different tastes, likes and dislikes. So noone is, by all means, a sheep.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:37 AM

2DaMax well said. I couldn't of said it better myself.
We make our own decision and own choices. But that doesn't mean that we are sheep because other make the same decision. I don't know why you are so bitter. If you didn't like it....oh well. FIX IT. Don't whine about and ruin it for other!!!!

Anyways for the question at hand, I would go with Progressive and KYB AGX. Those are the shyt. Maxima owners that usually have progressive springs like the drop that it gives. I personally love the AGXs. I had them on my 300zx and have them on my maxima. I LOVE TO MOD UP MY CAR.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:09 AM

Oh how much suspension noise was their before you went to your " Ultimate suspension"? How about bent rims ; bottoming out ; uncontrolled bouncing ; blown shocks; passenger complaints of harsh ride ( you do carry passengers right, or are you so selfish that you ride alone?).
Please explain how you got me mad in your original post? Because I was stating the FACT that he wanted to lower the car and your p1ssy fit gave no solution to his issue? You're ridiculous again

Cutting a coil on the rear with Sprints doesnt affect ride or handling. I have no suspension noise now and I never had suspension noise ever, my ride is good, my handling is great, the look is great, no bent rims, no bottoming out, no uncontrolled bouncing, no blown shocks and finally NO passenger complaints of harsh ride...I don't know how old you are or who you're carrying around in your car but seriously...my girlfriend doesn't complain, hell my MOM doesn't complain and she's a MOM.

You belong in a Camry.

edit: I'm sorry but wouldn't you be the mindless sheep that ended up following the crowd? We lowered our cars because we wanted to and it seems the majority of us are happy while you whine. If you didn't want to lower it why did you?
Old 01-24-2004, 03:21 AM

Yes name the struts /shocks that are better than OEM nissan , which have the correct /same ride quality without drawbacks( I do mean same) for the nissan maxima.I am hoping that you mean that they last longer ? Yes some have . Oh for the price that those poor souls paid for tokico blues, they could have gotten OEM SE shocks for way less and last much longer (naturally combined with stock springs). Do not give me Drewn site . I read evey word . Thank you.

I know , and respect that everyone has an opinion , but I am surprised that everyday someone does the same things to the maxima that 80-100 other maximas already have. Most cases include a waste of money and inferior products that does not improve on the stock parts and improved satisfaction. We have a Sedan not a 350Z and the sad part is we(most people inaccurately) are misdirected to create a sports car .
Now re-read my reply , that is what the hell I am talking about. Oh do not be fooled , nothing aftermarket ( well for the fri--ing maxima at least) could have the R&D capabilities as the factory and that is why my friend Aftermarket is just that , Aftermarket.
We do what we like to our cars man, it makes US happy and satisfied. Why do we care if you think it's a waste of money and inferior? Sure it wasn't engineered like this by Nissan but if it does what we wanted how is it a waste?

The Maxima is no sports car, but it's the best balance of all worlds (reliability, fun to drive, comfort, etc.) that I found for the price so what is wrong with me wanting to do things to make the car drive/look better to me?

Old 01-24-2004, 06:34 AM

Thanks for the reply guys! I still want to lower my car, yes I know I will loose some ride comfort but the handling should make up for that right? So all I need to lower my car would be stut/shocks and lowering springs I dont need anything else right? I want a nice even look thats why im avoidind sprints. What about coilovers would I be better of with them or just stick with the springs? I would like to know so I can jump in on the GD for tein s techs from southwest autoworks. Your advice is always welcome
Old 01-24-2004, 07:34 AM

http://maxmods.dyndns.org/index.php?MaximaHandling While you're replacing the springs and struts, replace the dustboots and the front strut bearings
Old 01-24-2004, 09:09 AM

Eventhough this might not be directly relevant to cars, I used coilovers on my truck to lift the front. Although the coilovers are ideal for the ultimate ride height control, it somehow makes alot of noise when you hit bumps and such. It did this a lot on my truck because of the bushings, its just the characteristic that it has. Trucks have 2 bushings (upper/lower). But the struts/coilover setups on Maximas only use one bushing on the bottom (I think).
Old 01-24-2004, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by 2DaMax
maxdis1,

You have a lot of bitterness in you. Was your experience that bad with "aftermarket" spring/strut setup? Sounded like you've been had, sheeped, yourself. Care to let us in your sad story? I am personally rolling on stock suspension and wheels/tires and I like it just fine. I've been there with dubs, slammed suspension, the works. I liked it, but that's not what I'm after anymore. It still doesn't make me a sheep because the outcome, being that I liked it, was totally different from yours. You disliked it and that's why you are ranting about it and encouraging others against it. Personally, I think that once you change something from a stock setup, everything else will not work together as designed by the car engineers. Now, a harsh ride comes from many things: lower profile tires, bigger wheels, lowering springs and struts, special spindles, control arms, and stabilizer bars. But basically, lowering the center of gravity for most vehicles makes the ride stiffer "like their on rails" because the body roll is reduced due to the lower center of gravity. Not everyone likes that feel and some have resorted back to stock since that is their preferred feel. But that doesn't make everyone a sheep because everyone makes their own decisions and ultimately, they'll live with consequences of such decisions. After that, they're better informed and learned their lesson and would be able to make better choices later on. That's exactly what happened to you and mostly likely to everyone else who shares the same viewpoint as you. And other's who have started the same journey to the ultimate suspension as you would travel the same paths you've travelled on. But the outcome would definitely be different because everyone has different tastes, likes and dislikes. So noone is, by all means, a sheep.
Excellent reply . You have certainly made me . I apologize if I have offended anyone about the Sheep thing , but one have to admit there are many followers on this board who are unwilling to do their own research . "Personally, I think that once you change something from a stock setup, everything else will not work together as designed by the car engineers," now that is what I call input . Those of you who have to say , do not waste bandwith , save it for those " what the best piece of CF crap to get ?'s" .
Thank you for your superb response.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by 2DaMax
maxdis1,

You have a lot of bitterness in you. Was your experience that bad with "aftermarket" spring/strut setup? Sounded like you've been had, sheeped, yourself. Care to let us in your sad story? I am personally rolling on stock suspension and wheels/tires and I like it just fine. I've been there with dubs, slammed suspension, the works. I liked it, but that's not what I'm after anymore.
dudu nice ! i would put claping smileys but their is non good point of view
Old 01-24-2004, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Maxima95Tuner
So tell me maxdis1, if the maxima is "just a sedan" and nothing more, why the clear corner lenses and tails on yours? Why the FSTB? Why any other mods? If it's just a sedan like you say it is, then why did you put money into it to make it handle better, or drive nicer? Most people on here arent trying to make it a sports car, because it really isnt. But I guarantee you that alot of the maximas with upgraded suspension can out handle most other fixed up cars on the road.
Oh you did not read ? The Sheep thing! I got these for free from my brother FSTB ; 01 muffler (brother) ;clear lens( brother) and the Eibach & A-- Got -xplored (AGX) , got those because of my sheep mentality. I have all stock parts at hand , so have no fear. Want to talk about leaking POS clear lense( this garbage got sealed with bath tub silicone) ? Oh and tell me definitivly that the FSTB works ? Show me some graphs . At what degree of angulation your camber/toe were , while doing a figure 8 , and how it was reduced using the FSTB?
I am the first one to practically give a way a Hanabi HID kit (bought from Freddie) and revert back to Sylvania Halogen. I know garbage when I see it , yes I am a "Sucka" and so are most of you. The diffrence is , I am able to admit it! Oh when you went to your local DMV ( you did go right or did your mama took you) for the registration of your SEDAN , did you put Coupe on the application ? Why not ? Oh I know it is a fri--ing SEDAN ! Face it !
Old 01-24-2004, 01:01 PM

Please explain how you got me mad in your original post? Because I was stating the FACT that he wanted to lower the car and your p1ssy fit gave no solution to his issue? You're ridiculous again

Cutting a coil on the rear with Sprints doesnt affect ride or handling. I have no suspension noise now and I never had suspension noise ever, my ride is good, my handling is great, the look is great, no bent rims, no bottoming out, no uncontrolled bouncing, no blown shocks and finally NO passenger complaints of harsh ride...I don't know how old you are or who you're carrying around in your car but seriously...my girlfriend doesn't complain, hell my MOM doesn't complain and she's a MOM.

You belong in a Camry.

edit: I'm sorry but wouldn't you be the mindless sheep that ended up following the crowd? We lowered our cars because we wanted to and it seems the majority of us are happy while you whine. If you didn't want to lower it why did you?
If you didn't want to lower it why did you?[/QUOTE]

Reply: I did it because of the same reason you did ,by being a SHEEP like you! The majority are ****ed face to admit it that they F up and you are the denomination of that majority. Oh a sloution , hell I could have been a good ole informant and tell him to Chop a couple of Coils and have a
Fri--ing Gocart . Yes that is a solution , Excellent! Now that must make you feel like an Encyclopedia eh? " This boy is as sharp as a Bowling Ball"
FYI Camrys ride better that your POS any day.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:38 PM

there was a guy here on the org with screen name njmaxseltd. This summer I came across a thread from him that explained that he had been experimenting w/the suspension on his 4th gen for about 2 years. This is the conclusion he came to: H&R Springs all around, Tokico Illumina on the front (set at 2 out of 5), AGX in the rear (set at 2 out of 8), motivational strut mounts, FSTB, Rear stabilizer bar. He claimed this setup made his Max ride and handle like his friends BMW. I can't vouch for this personally but it sounded like the guy had done a ton of experimenting with different setups. Personally, I'm going to replicate this setup on my 97 in the next couple of months as I'd also like to get rid of the 4x4 look and get a bit less body roll in the corners. Good luck with whichever way you go and post so we can all learn from your experiences too.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:42 PM

Reply: I did it because of the same reason you did ,by being a SHEEP like you! The majority are ****ed face to admit it that they F up and you are the denomination of that majority. Oh a sloution , hell I could have been a good ole informant and tell him to Chop a couple of Coils and have a
Fri--ing Gocart . Yes that is a solution , Excellent! Now that must make you feel like an Encyclopedia eh? " This boy is as sharp as a Bowling Ball"
This is a site for MAXIMA ENTHUSIASTS. If you arent one, you should leave. You're lucky the mods (with no disrespect intended) don't think like me or else you woulda been gone yesterday. People will mod if they want to mod, so dont ruin somebody else's experience just because you think it's useless to mod a sedan, ****ing dumbass...
Old 01-24-2004, 02:22 PM

If you didn't want to lower it why did you?

So let's see.

1. You lowered your car because others did (seriously...how is that???)
2. You came in a thread where someone is asking for advice on what setup to use to whine and b1tch about it.
3. You call other people sheep (including me) when we lowered our cars because WE wanted to and we are happy with the results.
4. You resort to immature comments when I already told you that cutting a coil off the rear Sprints won't affect the performance and I wanted to do it. I don't recall ever telling him to cut a coil.
5. Stock Camry's ride better than lowered Maximas.

WOW you are a genius! Why isn't this guy banned yet?
Old 01-24-2004, 02:33 PM

well aside from all the wonderfull comments from our fellow org. members
if you have the money buy a pair of 19inch rims lowered with style
don't flame me now is just n opinion s h it lately people in the org
are goin CRAZY remamber

"OPINIONS ARE LIKE A$$HOLES EVERY BODY HAS ONE
AND THEY ALL STINK"
Old 01-24-2004, 02:35 PM

LOL...that was some funny stuff I just read...calling everyone sheep. HAHA...so I bought my suspension before I ever even knew about the org, so does that make me a sheep? But anyway, I have Sprints and I love the way it rides, it does get harsh sometimes...but what do you expect out of aftermarket parts that are suspsosed to give your a more sportier stance and ride.

Hey ludacris, u cut your back springs?
Old 01-24-2004, 02:43 PM

yes I am a "Sucka" and so are most of you. The diffrence is , I am able to admit it!
There are car enthusiasts and there are guys that want to fix up their cars but don't know what they are doing. You are in the second group.

I have friends with heavily modified cars (500 hp Chevelle/500 hp WRX/drift set-up S13s/AE86s etc.) I have friends with slighly less modified cars but are the same...Firebirds, Camaros. We are the kind that LIKE to hear the engine roar, we like to feel the road more, we want to feel as though we are part of the car, we are not satisfied with the car stock. Look at the Jeep guys that mod their CJs/YJs/etc. to have UNBELIEVABLE wheel articulation. Are you telling me they could have done that stock? Now you're gonna say something along the lines of he's being a sheep and an idiot. Stop talking like you know me or anyone else. We do it because we like it.

And then there is that one guy I know who is into Cadillacs...smooth ride/quiet/isolated driving experience. He doesn't necessarily want to know he is driving, who cares that the steering wheel doesn't feel connected to the wheels. Who cares that the body roll on his Seville is horrible, who cares that the tires scream at any thought of pushing the car. IT RIDES GOOD!!! Why did you even buy a Maxima when Camrys are more refined/isolated/smooth riding than Maximas?
Old 01-24-2004, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Phatmax98
LOL...that was some funny stuff I just read...calling everyone sheep. HAHA...so I bought my suspension before I ever even knew about the org, so does that make me a sheep? But anyway, I have Sprints and I love the way it rides, it does get harsh sometimes...but what do you expect out of aftermarket parts that are suspsosed to give your a more sportier stance and ride.

Hey ludacris, u cut your back springs?
But you didn't get new shocks right? I got the AGXs set on 3/6 and the ride is like great...most ppl that ride in my car can't tell much of a difference over how it used to ride stock. I haven't cut my rear springs...I'm considering it when I get wheels in the Summer. Have you bought the wheels you were considering yet?
Old 01-24-2004, 03:08 PM

So let's see.

1. You lowered your car because others did (seriously...how is that???)
2. You came in a thread where someone is asking for advice on what setup to use to whine and b1tch about it.
3. You call other people sheep (including me) when we lowered our cars because WE wanted to and we are happy with the results.
4. You resort to immature comments when I already told you that cutting a coil off the rear Sprints won't affect the performance and I wanted to do it. I don't recall ever telling him to cut a coil.
5. Stock Camry's ride better than lowered Maximas.

WOW you are a genius! Why isn't this guy banned yet?

Dad and Mom are not going to give you a new car like they did if you keep trying to censor everyone who has offended you ok. Guys and Gals the original questioneer has made his decision . I respect that and want to thank all who participated in Flame Fest Maxdis1. Information must be presented when sought after. It is gives me great pleasure to know that I have mannaged to present the obvious and see the defense of others for their spending of their money.
I have never responded to a question on this Org , without any input of the obvious benefits or lacking thereof. Oh you should re-read your aggreement when you sign up as a member(banned lol) , and remember responding to 600+ post does not make you any smarter.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:09 PM

Dad and Mom are not going to give you a new car like they did if you keep trying to censor everyone who has offended you ok.
How have I censored anyone? What I posted is what every level headed person here can see in your post. What does my parents giving me the car have to do with anything?
Old 01-24-2004, 03:16 PM

But you didn't get new shocks right? I got the AGXs set on 3/6 and the ride is like great...most ppl that ride in my car can't tell much of a difference over how it used to ride stock. I haven't cut my rear springs...I'm considering it when I get wheels in the Summer. Have you bought the wheels you were considering yet?
That's right, I didn't get new shocks. I think my shocks are blown now, but it may just be the cold weather...and no I haven't got the wheels...I have a kid due in about 2 weeks..so I am strapped for cash at the moment.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Phatmax98
That's right, I didn't get new shocks. I think my shocks are blown now, but it may just be the cold weather...and no I haven't got the wheels...I have a kid due in about 2 weeks..so I am strapped for cash at the moment.
Awesome...congrats man!
Old 01-24-2004, 03:44 PM

Thanks for the reply guys! I still want to lower my car, yes I know I will loose some ride comfort but the handling should make up for that right? So all I need to lower my car would be stut/shocks and lowering springs I dont need anything else right? I want a nice even look thats why im avoidind sprints. What about coilovers would I be better of with them or just stick with the springs? I would like to know so I can jump in on the GD for tein s techs from southwest autoworks. Your advice is always welcome

This tread is over when he got the info he needed.to continue with this would be useless. This tread has been hijacked by menbers expressing themselves and not liking what the others had to say. Things are not being said the right way and everything is being blown up.

Bottom line one man's opinion is just that one. Respect that it can be ignorent, unguided, angry and just STUPID. With that being said. Let this mess go.

P.S.
One thing he did do was got people wild up. Good to see passion makes me glad to be part of the ORG.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Project Ruby......

I just won Sprint Springs off of "TheMax" on here. I will be ordering Tokico Illuminas and KYB Dustboots soon. I can't wait!

This is the cheapest I found for the Tokicos.

http://www.xshocks.com/tokicoill.htm
Old 01-24-2004, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by 4DRSpeed
I just won Sprint Springs off of "TheMax" on here. I will be ordering Tokico Illuminas and KYB Dustboots soon. I can't wait!

This is the cheapest I found for the Tokicos.

http://www.xshocks.com/tokicoill.htm
Thanks for the link man!! I am going to get my tein s tech springs in the GD and get the tokicos from that site!! Man im so excited right now

Quick Reply: Help me get rid of 4x4 look