4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Mod: Make front turn signals stay on

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2001, 02:55 PM

Heres a link to my "make your front blinkers stay on" mod:

http://csc.smsu.edu/~jack/max/blinkermod.html

It replaces the single element socket with a dual.

Let me know what you think.

Jack
Old 03-09-2001, 07:45 PM

does it alternate when you signal?
Old 03-09-2001, 08:13 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Very good write up with pictures -->

Hmm...I wonder who came up with this mod in first place??? LOL
Old 03-09-2001, 10:02 PM

i did, longg time ago... we thought the light saying on mod looked alittle on the bad side so we suck with alternating lights.
Old 03-12-2001, 05:58 AM

Nope...

Originally posted by VQracer
does it alternate when you signal?
Nope, this is what you want for that:

blink http://www.geocities.com/amixam69/n...an/markerblink/

I did that one too. Its much easier.

Jack
Old 03-12-2001, 01:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Very nice! This is what I want, not the alternating flash. If I do this, I think I have to change my amber bulbs back to hyperwhite bulbs to match up with the parking light bulbs. It would be really weird looking if I had hyperwhite bulbs in my parking lamps and amber bulbs in the turn signals when both of them are on, huh? I just worry about getting a ticket for having hyperwhite turn signals. I also have amber bulbs in my tail lights for the clear/red tail lights. Hm...I don't know if I should risk it.
Old 03-13-2001, 06:20 AM

Alternating flash?

Originally posted by Cumalot
Very nice! This is what I want, not the alternating flash. If I do this, I think I have to change my amber bulbs back to hyperwhite bulbs to match up with the parking light bulbs. It would be really weird looking if I had hyperwhite bulbs in my parking lamps and amber bulbs in the turn signals when both of them are on, huh? I just worry about getting a ticket for having hyperwhite turn signals. I also have amber bulbs in my tail lights for the clear/red tail lights. Hm...I don't know if I should risk it.
Alternating flash? You're not talking about the sidemarker mod are you? The sidemarker mod lets the side marker flash alternate to the front turn signal with lights on and flashes at the same time with the lights off. (see the link in my .sig and in my above post)

Is there a mod to the front blinkers where you keep the single element socket and just light them when not blinking somehow? I've not seen one like that if thats what you mean.

The way I see it, I'd just like the lights to do what the US cars have done since like 1969. Simply light the front in dim light and the side marker flashes alternate to turn signal with lights on or together when they're off. The mod is really easy, and taking any 'credit' for it is like saying I invented the recipie for toast.

Cumalot, I added a part about how to make a wiretap. I figure you know and others, but had to make it clear.

Jack
Old 03-13-2001, 07:33 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Alternating flash?

Originally posted by JacksMax

Alternating flash? You're not talking about the sidemarker mod are you? The sidemarker mod lets the side marker flash alternate to the front turn signal with lights on and flashes at the same time with the lights off. (see the link in my .sig and in my above post)

Is there a mod to the front blinkers where you keep the single element socket and just light them when not blinking somehow? I've not seen one like that if thats what you mean.

The way I see it, I'd just like the lights to do what the US cars have done since like 1969. Simply light the front in dim light and the side marker flashes alternate to turn signal with lights on or together when they're off. The mod is really easy, and taking any 'credit' for it is like saying I invented the recipie for toast.

Cumalot, I added a part about how to make a wiretap. I figure you know and others, but had to make it clear.

Jack
Yeah, the alternating flash I talked about is the side marker mod. I have a Cuzo sidemarkers which flash when I signal, so there's no need for the sidemarker mod.

About the front blinkers, I was talking about the sidemarker mod. I was just confused about the mods.

The wire tap is a really easy process, but yes, it's still a good idea to make it clear for those who aren't sure.
Old 03-14-2001, 10:37 AM

Re: Nope...

JacksMax,
Do you have a more recent web page for this mod. I tried it but don't think it exists anymore. Thanks.

Nope, this is what you want for that:

blink http://www.geocities.com/amixam69/n...an/markerblink/

I did that one too. Its much easier.

Jack
Old 03-14-2001, 10:49 AM

Zagato27

Originally posted by zagato27
Zagato, please type your reply before or after the 'quote' tags so we can find your text.

I looked, and this link is active right now.

http://www.geocities.com/amixam69/nissan/markerblink/

Keep trying it, it should work.

Jack
Old 03-14-2001, 10:59 AM

Re: Zagato27

Zagato, please type your reply before or after the 'quote' tags so we can find your text.

I looked, and this link is active right now.

http://www.geocities.com/amixam69/nissan/markerblink/

Keep trying it, it should work.

Jack
JacksMax,
Thanks The site finally came through.