4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

few n00bie questions (asked by a newbie of course)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 04:07 PM
DoGGy

few n00bie questions (asked by a newbie of course)

1) when installing a FSTB, do u jut unscrew the nutz and put that baby in or u gotta take out the springs and stuff too??

2) do you need to take off the whole headlight assembly inorder to change the light bulbs?

3) what replacement bulbs (hyper white, cool blue) you guys recommend for the head lights and fogs? i want to get rid of those ugly stock lights and have nice bright lights without payin HID prices. i prefer something like this (with a light tint of blue, i dont want fully white or blue all the way):

sorry for stealin ur pic arrafio.

i also prefer gettin in from autozone or pepboys since it might be cheaper. you guys have any experince with the ones they sell? they got SOOOOO many different brands to choose from.

4) where to go to buy lights for the interior? excpet Custom maxima and redlinemax.
i have found some really nice ones for the door lights but i cant find any for the 2 dome lights! (hyper white type of lights that is). the one that goes near the rear view mirrior is SOOOOO RARE !

5) what was the link to the site that has all the maxima mods (springs, brakes, shocks and stuff), i lost the link to that site. plz give it to me! the site that is text only and shows different springs and amount of drop as well as lots of other mods!

sorry if these questions have been asked before. i havent paid 20 bux to search yet lol. help me out ! and no flaming plz!

Old 02-11-2004, 04:37 PM

1) No you dont have to take out the springs. Just take out the 3 nuts from both sides, put fstb on. Make sure its snug. Place nuts back on. Re torque nuts to + or - 27 i believe.

2)No just disconnect negative battery cable, wire that pugs into your bulb. Then twist out the bulb. When putting in new bulbs, make sure you dont touch it with your bare hands. Reconnect and your set.

3) If you want cheap with a little blue, i guess you can get sylvania cool blue's at autozone.

4) Other than them, i dunno but i get my leds from
http://superbrightleds.com/

5)You talking about this site?
http://maxmods.dyndns.org/index.php
Old 02-11-2004, 04:41 PM
I need a truck

I don't know if you'll be able to match headlights and corner lights. Tony has 8000K Hanabi HID's and I think 40 White LED's in the corners. I don't think anything else would even come close to matching.

I took the bulb out and stretched the turn signal wire up there and now that blinks
Old 02-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I thought you were not allowed to mod?
Old 02-11-2004, 05:16 PM
DoGGy

Originally Posted by 1FSTMAX
I thought you were not allowed to mod?

shhh, i got red/clears and dc's and no1 noticed. keep it quite foo

Old 02-11-2004, 05:47 PM

The PIAA xtreme whites from custommaxima have a nice blend of white/blueish tint.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Offset Is Everything.

Originally Posted by DoGGy
shhh, i got red/clears and dc's and no1 noticed. keep it quite foo
haha nice.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:27 PM

why would you not be allowed to mod?
Old 02-11-2004, 06:54 PM

parents

i'm "not allowed to mod" either, but hey look im lowered and looking at a trans swap in the near future
Old 02-11-2004, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by xelementx
1) No you dont have to take out the springs. Just take out the 3 nuts from both sides, put fstb on. Make sure its snug. Place nuts back on. Re torque nuts to + or - 27 i believe.

2)No just disconnect negative battery cable, wire that pugs into your bulb. Then twist out the bulb. When putting in new bulbs, make sure you dont touch it with your bare hands. Reconnect and your set.

3) If you want cheap with a little blue, i guess you can get sylvania cool blue's at autozone.

4) Other than them, i dunno but i get my leds from
http://superbrightleds.com/

5)You talking about this site?
http://maxmods.dyndns.org/index.php

well this guy explained it all very well. not much more any one could add. i would go with the sylvania silverstars for the headlight bulb like element said....but it will be no where near like that pic.

hey nock.......i must be retarded or something.....but i dont get your sig. is it cause it says "skyline" on the back of the car?? if so, i thought that is oem on SOME g35 coupes. a special edition or something.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:47 PM

1200 plus posts and you havnt modded at all.?? wow..
Old 02-12-2004, 08:01 AM
DoGGy

Originally Posted by Max Noob
1200 plus posts and you havnt modded at all.?? wow..

i was a member like 4 months before i even got my max and when i did, it broke my wallet. i used ALL the money that i had and parents helped me out to purchase this baby. $14,000 is alot y0.

and i do have mods maxima.org stickers purchased like 5 months ago (hahha 5 hp foo dont laugh)

and i got red/clears and dc's like 2 weeks ago !

time for light bulbs and injen !

Old 02-12-2004, 08:02 AM
DoGGy

EDIT: but i agree with u lol. my first real mod was purchased 6 months after i got my car. that just sucks !

sh00t i clicked REPLY instead of EDIT. damn

Old 02-12-2004, 08:18 AM
An atavistic endeavor...

1) when installing a FSTB, do u jut unscrew the nutz and put that baby in or u gotta take out the springs and stuff too??
Just the bolts. You should torque them to spec though.

2) do you need to take off the whole headlight assembly inorder to change the light bulbs?
No, just remove the bulbs.

3) what replacement bulbs (hyper white, cool blue) you guys recommend for the head lights and fogs? i want to get rid of those ugly stock lights and have nice bright lights without payin HID prices. i prefer something like this (with a light tint of blue, i dont want fully white or blue all the way):
You're asking two different questions here. Do you want white, or do you want bright? Every one of those "Cool blue" or "Silverstars" or whatever is going to decrease your overall light output. If you want bright, get Sylvania Xtravision or weathervision...if you want white, buy whatever garbage *** blue coated bulb you want.

I ran PIAA superwhites until one blew and then replaced them with Xtravisions after reading advice on how your light output is worse with the "white" bulbs from a reliable source. I can def tell the difference on country roads. I would not go abck to a coated bulb regardless of color. I WOULD isntall HID though.

i also prefer gettin in from autozone or pepboys since it might be cheaper. you guys have any experince with the ones they sell? they got SOOOOO many different brands to choose from.
They've got Silverstars, Weathervision, Xtravision and others.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:19 AM

If you're thinking about doing stuff to your car, check out the classifieds and group deals. Sometimes you can get great deals. Right now I'm doing one on a $160 Warpspeed Ypipe, if you're interested.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:59 PM
DoGGy

Originally Posted by budha56
If you're thinking about doing stuff to your car, check out the classifieds and group deals. Sometimes you can get great deals. Right now I'm doing one on a $160 Warpspeed Ypipe, if you're interested.

yea i know about that. good luck with the y pipe. 10 hp at least

im not in the market for one yet tho.

Old 02-12-2004, 03:01 PM
DoGGy

hey endus, are the sylvania's u mentioned pure white bulbs or got a shade of blue??