4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Finally put my projector pics online

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Still kickin'

Finally put my projector pics online

I finally put together my cardomain site. I have some older pictures and some pics from the install of the projectors.

Here are a few of the pics...

Nice and clean...

Wrapping up the install...

Closeup of the sh!tty lenses...

Full front shot of the car...

For more click the www icon under my post.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:28 PM

Nice, glad you got them in, let's see some beam patterns!!
Old 02-17-2004, 10:30 PM
Still kickin'

i was gonna do that tonight, but it is absolutely freezing outside.... Not only that, but my car is in a parking deck here at school, so it's not as easy as just walking outside and doing it. I'll have to do it tomorrow night i guess....assuming it doesn't snow like crazy
Old 02-17-2004, 10:40 PM

looks awesome dude....
Old 02-17-2004, 11:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

looking good with those projectors

glad everything worked out in the end... small suggestion tho: get clear corners!
Old 02-18-2004, 06:09 AM

Hay what up bro the lights look tight. I see though what you mean when you get up close. =( But still it looks sick. Like a pair of Psychotic Demon Eyes, I love it. You should go out and scare the rice off some civics. lol
I'm still going to harash you till you put up some night time pics. Can wait to see how mine will look. I can't wait
Glad your happy with them. Peace

P.S.
Projectors are slowly being
Old 02-18-2004, 07:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Very nice man. Glad everything worked out for you!
Old 02-18-2004, 07:17 AM

Very nice man, where did u get them from?
Old 02-18-2004, 07:31 AM
Still kickin'

Originally Posted by gto400no1
Very nice man, where did u get them from?
I got them from a guy here on the org named Indigomax...
Old 02-18-2004, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mad-MAX_SE
I got them from a guy here on the org named Indigomax...

'nuff said, right?
Old 02-18-2004, 07:42 AM
Still kickin'

yup
Old 02-18-2004, 07:56 AM

yup
Mad Max, do you think this is something that could be DIY if you spent the $400 on a full HID kit w/projectors?

Old 02-18-2004, 08:25 AM
Still kickin'

Definitely. If i had to do it all over again, i would buy basically what's in that picture, and i would have bought some cefiero's in the last group deal. I still think that people are afraid to do a retrofit. I've taken these things apart, basically, and there is really nothin difficult about making the projectors sit in the lights.

If i go home this weekend i will try and email myself the other pics i have of the headlamps.

Basically to make that "kit" work on your headlights, or just about any other headlight, is you have to first remove the stock bulb and and ring. then you'll have to open up the head light to remove the little circular metal ring that goes inside the light around the bulb. Then from there you need to take apart the back plate of the projector assembly, not the whole projector, just the place where the bulb is inserted. Then you'll have to take your time and cut off the stock bulb holder. Since it is an integral part of the light housing, you really only get one chance to do it right. then, after that, you need to reconnect the projector and the bulb hoder through the hole in the back of the light. after that it's child's play.

the only thing i see wrong with that kit is that the projectors are going to need some sort of bezel so that they don't look homemade. www.HIDtech.com sells bezels and stuff for retrofit projects. Soulrupture is getting the oem Mercedes bezels if I remember correctly.

If i wasn't in school, i would be more than happy to make a good set of projectors for people. After all the i had to go through with mine, i basically figured out how to make them. It's not an easy job, but it isn't someting that will take more than a weekend for anyone who has ever used a dremel tool and an oven....
Old 02-18-2004, 05:37 PM

the only thing i see wrong with that kit is that the projectors are going to need some sort of bezel so that they don't look homemade. www.HIDtech.com sells bezels and stuff for retrofit projects. Soulrupture is getting the oem Mercedes bezels if I remember correctly.
My bad, I forgot to include that this kit comes with bezels and ballast mounts. These are the bezels:

If i wasn't in school, i would be more than happy to make a good set of projectors for people. After all the i had to go through with mine, i basically figured out how to make them. It's not an easy job, but it isn't someting that will take more than a weekend for anyone who has ever used a dremel tool and an oven....
Be careful what you say, you'll get bombarded...
Old 02-18-2004, 06:23 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

does this guy make more of these? i have an hid kit and need these!
Old 02-18-2004, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by ManualMaxima
does this guy make more of these? i have an hid kit and need these!

gotta buy the whole kit for the bezels... but I have seen them listed for like $25 on eBay
Old 02-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Sports Button FTW

hey guys, i can get my hands on one side of J30 head lights (91-93). It has 2 projectors in it or 2 circles atleast which i believe to be projectors. Either way are there any differences between projectors? I have HIDS already, just need projectors. What is needed besides HIDS and projectors?
Old 02-18-2004, 09:30 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Would look sweeter if you did the AE mod. Would really bring out the projector. Sweet man...

Eric
Old 02-19-2004, 10:14 AM
Still kickin'

Originally Posted by meccanoble
hey guys, i can get my hands on one side of J30 head lights (91-93). It has 2 projectors in it or 2 circles atleast which i believe to be projectors. Either way are there any differences between projectors? I have HIDS already, just need projectors. What is needed besides HIDS and projectors?
Can you post a pic of the projectors? If i'm not mistaken they're halogen progectors. If that's the case, i wouldn't recommend putting HID's in them, because of the intensity of the light. Personally, i think they're simply not effective enough to project a great beam pattern. you'ld have alot of light over where your optimal cut off line is. I've seen a few guys put HID's into Integra projectors, and the beam pattern is crap. In order to keep from blinding oncoming traffic, you have to turn them downward, and you have to do it so much that it doesn't light up down the road as much. That's the beauty of the bixenon projectors, you have both high and low beams. you can set the optimal light level, then have high beams on top of that. I don't want to discourage you if you want to do it, but just be careful. HID's are great, just don't go blinding everybody

String - Yeah, i guess i better be careful saying i can make them. I basically explained how to make them in an earlier post in this thread. it's sad that it really is about that simple... Of course there's other stuff involved, but most of that is cosmetic and/or has to do with aiming the projectors properly (mine were far from properly aimed).

EDIT - I 'll have a few night shots this afternoon hopefully before 5