4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Does it really take Dalo glass 3 times to tint..

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Blazin......

Does it really take Dalo glass 3 times to tint..

Hi all. This is to advise you of the work they've done for me. crappy so far.

1 yr ago i paid 150 for my back 3 windows to be tinted in a 35%, very visible through b/c i drive so much right. all seemed well. 1 yr later the tint faded to purple bad. very bad.
Thought oh well, they'll probably do it over bc they f-ed it up.
OK they did.
The owner/idiot put 5% OVER my existing tint. Ha it was like -20% visibility. I could see Nothing at all out my back, nor could neone see in but im not tryin to go gangster here and hide something, I just wanted my 35% tint.
So today i call and ask why i have a 5% on.
"oh well yeah we needed to get it done and we just covered over the Purple-Tint we Messed up before."
What! well needless to say Part-3 on tinting my windows, And the Best part is this. He said I would have to strip My rear B/C the Defrost might break and He will not do it. Is this right?
Edit: by stripping he means takin off the glue to a perfect glass again. he says itll take his shop a day and a Half to do that and its not worth his time . ~really

Im going to use the steel wool pads like he said but its that such bs?
You would think you could get some better service at a rep like that ya know...
Old 02-19-2004, 04:51 PM

I dont know what Dalo glass is, but i had my windows tinted 1 month ago, and last week i noticed some stuff between the window and the tint, and the company took the old off and put new on free of charge. I will check on that back window for you, i dont know why you would have to do it yourself when its their mistake.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Blazin......

You know Dalo. They do all the Big ol corporate buildings in major offices, Mainly they do large jobs but they also have this "supposedly" good auto tinters... haha. yeah that worked out huh

http://www.daloglasstinting.com/
Yeah maybe there stlouis based not real sure.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So they admitted it was their fault, and now they want you to take it off? Screw that. If they already said it was their fault, then shouldnt they take it off? So it takes a while....tough! Should have done it right in the first place =)
Old 02-19-2004, 07:03 PM

From the site:
Customer Bill Of Rights !

Most of our customers are not experts. They rely on our years of experience and professional judgment. Our company takes this responsibility seriously by:

- Recommending the best products available for your needs
- Always keeping your safety and that of your family foremost in our recommendations.
- Training our employees to the highest standards of industry proficiency.
- Keeping abreast of the latest technological innovations in products and techniques for the ultimate benefit of our customers.
- Working to encourage responsible competition to insure your freedom of choice.
- Selling our products and services at a fair price.
- Providing service after the sale
- Refusing to sell or install any product in a location or for an application for which it was not designed and approved.
- Prominently displaying our Trade Association Symbols of commitment to professional excellence
What a joke Go email them and ask them why they can't do tinting right and that you want your money back... daloglass@aol.com
Old 02-19-2004, 08:19 PM
Always sunny in philly

Better Bureau Services....
Old 02-19-2004, 08:23 PM
ABK

those ***** need to get sued if they don't wonna do it. You can sue them for messing up your windows, and get all of the replaced and tinted again the proper way.
Old 02-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Blazin......

Thanks for all the replys guys. I emailed them very calmly and said i wanted my front 2 windows done with this as well b/c ive taken MY time to get this job done right the 3rd time.

I will prevail. I will get more than what i originally paid for.

Thanks for letting me know that i was in the right and i wasnt just being picky about this crap.
thanks alot guys , mwest.