4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

P0325 KS ghost code is on!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

P0325 KS ghost code is on!!!!!!

Well my car feels ok and runs pretty good. I have pretty bad gas mileage; I burn lots of gas. Well, I have an Extended Warranty through Nissan. I bought it when I financed my car. I have been in dealership in the past, and I complain to them about my gas mileage being bad. This is what they told me "Because I use 10w-30 Oil it makes the run burn more gas" I was ok what ever you say. I kind of hate Nissan Dealerships. I don't know what to do; last time I was at the dealer ship was like 6 months ago. I don't know if my car had the KS code on when I was there, and Nissan didn't want to mention it. Back then I did not know about Auto Zone. Today After talking to Will (metallic97gxe) decided to go and have the car checked out. Now I am debating should I go back to Dealership and tell them I had my ECU checked for code and found out there is a bad Knock sensor and have them change it through my extended warranty? Or just buy it online and do it my self? I have to pay 100 dollar Deductible to get it fixed.

I don't trust Nissan Dealership, I feel like going there and they tell me there is nothing wrong with the car and still charge me 85 dollar diagnosis.

I just want some recommendation thanks....
Old 03-04-2004, 04:04 PM

if u have the extented warranty meaning they will pay for labor and time then you should get it. The KS cost around 100 on ebay and 160 from dealer and doing it yrself, you mite bruise yr hands a little. So let them do it and save yrself a little time.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by trubd
if u have the extented warranty meaning they will pay for labor and time then you should get it. The KS cost around 100 on ebay and 160 from dealer and doing it yrself, you mite bruise yr hands a little. So let them do it and save yrself a little time.
Thanks for advice.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:22 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Nissan will say that it's "not important" and not warranty it , but you could try.

Actually, go ahead and try and get it warrantied. I'm going to write a knock sensor "FAQ" to help cover all of the 4-zillion knock sensor threads and I need input on Nissan's stance on if they'll warranty this thing or not. I think they'll try to make excuses.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
Nissan will say that it's "not important" and not warranty it , but you could try.

Actually, go ahead and try and get it warrantied. I'm going to write a knock sensor "FAQ" to help cover all of the 4-zillion knock sensor threads and I need input on Nissan's stance on if they'll warranty this thing or not. I think they'll try to make excuses.

well they better change it, My gas mileage sucks. I don't sit on gold. I would go off on them, i'll make them change it, I'll call nissan and put complain against the dam dealership. I would post my result as soon as I get it done. May be it will help somone in future.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:26 AM
V^___^V

here's what you need to do:

how to replace KS >> http://www.motorvate.ca/mvp.php/507
where to buy KS >> http://www.ebay.com and search for "maxima knock sensor", u should be able to pick it up $90 shipped to your door.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by happyricefob
here's what you need to do:

how to replace KS >> http://www.motorvate.ca/mvp.php/507
where to buy KS >> http://www.ebay.com and search for "maxima knock sensor", u should be able to pick it up $90 shipped to your door.

Thanks for the Advice, I like to give Nissan Dealership a hard time before I get it on Ebay and do it my self. I mean I paid for the Extended Warranty, I should be able to use the damm thing.