4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

*Foglight rewire*

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 09:04 AM

*Foglight rewire*

I know i know, read the FAQs, well i did, and i still dont understand WHAT DOES THIS DO TO YOUR FOGLIGHTS? I mean how does it change it from before? are they brighter? im just confused. So if anyone knows, please try and explain, thanks in advance.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Custom User Title...

it allows them to be on with the highbeams, lowbeams, clearance only, or fogs only. currently on your stock setup, they turn off when you put on your highbeams, but rewiring them will allow them to be on whenever you want depending on what you rewire them too. that make sense?

some say they might be a little brighter because they're taking less power from the same source as the headlights.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:35 AM

-- also the buzzer wont buzz.....so make sure you always turn them off--- it's not fun when your battery goes dead
Old 03-07-2004, 09:50 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

unless you wire them to something that comes on only when the car is on or in accessories
Old 03-07-2004, 10:05 AM

true...but sometimes when I am showing the car off( while it is turned off) I will have only the fogs on , which looks nice
Old 03-07-2004, 10:07 AM

my original idea was to somehow wire it to the buzzer, but I could'nt find it in the wiring diagrams in the Hanes nor could I find it under the dash(didn't look very hard thoguh)
Old 03-07-2004, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by NissanSE98
my original idea was to somehow wire it to the buzzer, but I could'nt find it in the wiring diagrams in the Hanes nor could I find it under the dash(didn't look very hard thoguh)
The buzzer (beeper?) is on the knee panel or whatever the wide piece of plastic under the steering wheel above your knees is called. To take off that panel you have to unplug the buzzer. Is that what you're asking?
Old 03-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

damn, so if you need to shut off the fogs, You would have to turn off the headlights AND the foglight switch off? Sounds like a hassle
Old 03-07-2004, 12:43 PM

I havent looked at the FAQ lately, so maybe there is some wack information in there. The right way to do this is to wire your fog light relay so that it turns on when it gets power from the *clearance/parking* lights. Because those lights are on when you turn your lights to park or normal or high beams, you can control your fogs. And of course they turn off when you turn the car off. They are not brighter or darker than they would otherwise be due to the fact that all you are changing is the relay setup. The only downside to this setup is that you can't turn your fogs on when your car is off. But really, when would you do that? If that's important to you, then by all means, wire it that way, but don't screw everyone else up.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:41 PM

this rewire is for all 95-99 right.. not just 97-99.. vqpower only has write for a 97-99..
Old 03-07-2004, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by hakk97se
I havent looked at the FAQ lately, so maybe there is some wack information in there. The right way to do this is to wire your fog light relay so that it turns on when it gets power from the *clearance/parking* lights. Because those lights are on when you turn your lights to park or normal or high beams, you can control your fogs. And of course they turn off when you turn the car off. They are not brighter or darker than they would otherwise be due to the fact that all you are changing is the relay setup. The only downside to this setup is that you can't turn your fogs on when your car is off. But really, when would you do that? If that's important to you, then by all means, wire it that way, but don't screw everyone else up.
My '97 is re-wired to the parking lights. My parking lights stay on when the car is turned off, unless I manually turn the switch off. When my parking lights are left on with the car off (and I open the door), my headlight reminder buzzer starts making racket.

Dave
Old 03-08-2004, 07:50 AM
5th Gen till she dies!

i re-wired tehm up to my corner lights. When the healdights are on the corners are to. so the fogs lights can come on.........when just the parking lights are on the fogs can come on to. but whne it turn my lights on the stalk off. they cannot come on. it is not to heard to understand no offense.

this is the best free mod you can do.