4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

just got

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

just got

yo yo...just bought a 99 maxima a few weeks ago LOVE IT...but i would like to 'beef' it up some...any suggestions on where to start?? dont have to much cash right now...but in months to come i will...any suggestions would rock....

-peace
Old 03-10-2004, 08:17 PM

read the FAQ at the top of the page. and the first thing everyone is gonna tell you to do is get a y-pipe......so get a y-pipe. its the best money for hp ratio you can get for our cars. happy modding
Old 03-10-2004, 08:20 PM
How 'bout them cliffs?

Originally Posted by alesisguy
yo yo...just bought a 99 maxima a few weeks ago LOVE IT...but i would like to 'beef' it up some...any suggestions on where to start?? dont have to much cash right now...but in months to come i will...any suggestions would rock....

-peace
go to www.budgetexhaust.com get the number off the site, and call and order a Y pipe. they're in canada, but with shipping it still will be about 180-190 american $. the only problem u might encounter down the line is passing emissions, since it will remove two small cats (u still will have the main one). the upside? about 15 wheel horsepower.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:45 PM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by dmBK
go to www.budgetexhaust.com get the number off the site, and call and order a Y pipe. they're in canada, but with shipping it still will be about 180-190 american $. the only problem u might encounter down the line is passing emissions, since it will remove two small cats (u still will have the main one). the upside? about 15 wheel horsepower.

As long as you warm your car up prior to your inspection (drive around for about 1/2 hr) you will be ok for emissions