4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

JUST installed INJEN and OMG !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 03:12 PM
DoGGy

JUST installed INJEN and OMG !!!

4 hours of work and im telling u. this $hit was a ***** to install.

but the results are crazy. to be honest ive never heard an intake up close and personal in my life. anyways.

i installed this bad boy. started the car, let it warm up and floor it few times to hear sound ( in N). all i heard was PSSS. i was like, BS this **** aint loud.

once the car warmed up, i took it to street and on first WOT i went CRAZY.

looooooooooooooooooooooolololololol !!!!!!!!!!
this thing is INSANE, the sound is INCREDIBLE!! it sounds like a supercharger.
i've been visitin redline for past hour and been loving it.

omg i swear these civic and integra dudes around my house gotta start packin up on extra underwear and jeans cuz once i give them a flyby at 4kRPM, they will automatically LEAK and pi$$ ALL over that HONDA emblem on their streerin wheel. omg imma TEAR the streets apart with this thing.

injen intake is a MUST for EVERYONE here. everyone HAS to order one right now cuz it ownnnnnnns !

imma post sound clips up next week.

btw i DO feel somewhat HP gain, my car feels a bit faster. i dunno if i just think that cuz it sounds meaner or not.

those who already got injen, please post pics so i can compare and see if i did it right or not.

btw whats that handle thing on the longer part of the intake for?

Old 03-12-2004, 03:20 PM

i'm glad you're lovin the intake. yeah thats how i felt when i installed my CAI (PR). it sounds really aggressive and scary. i cant wait to hear you car at the meet next sat.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Gald your loving it...i don't have a Injen but i do have a homemade intake. I was thinking about getting one but at that price i could start saving up for a flywheel or something.

Were the pics at??????
Old 03-12-2004, 03:21 PM

That was a great statement "they will automatically LEAK and pi$$ ALL over that HONDA emblem on their streerin wheel" Good times, if only the intake made it much faster than it actually does.

Sinister
Old 03-12-2004, 03:24 PM
DoGGy

Originally Posted by SinisterPR
That was a great statement "they will automatically LEAK and pi$$ ALL over that HONDA emblem on their streerin wheel" Good times, if only the intake made it much faster than it actually does.

Sinister

i took pics and imma have to print them out and scan (no digi cam yet). but man i feel like i just poped in a v12 SC engine under the hood

Old 03-12-2004, 03:41 PM
brotherhood of tq

yea mine took about the same amountof time to install... but damn do people love it. A guy at the car wash asked if my car was supercharged from the way the intake sounded. Now if i can only get a supercharger then i'll be all set
Old 03-12-2004, 03:43 PM
DoGGy

hahahhaha i already think i got SC under the hood.

man people wont even dare to race me. once they hear the intake, they be like "oh **** 15 psi or so"

Old 03-12-2004, 03:56 PM

Sounds like you already need a new pair of underwear

The "handle thing" is supposed to be bolted onto where the boost sensor is located at unless you have relocated it. Its near the auto tranny dipstick
Old 03-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Boosted Panda

I cant believe you had such a hard time installing it. I found it to be real easy.
I does sound nice at WOT but I wouldnt compare it to a SC. Their way louder.

takentomax , definalty wait for the flywheel. I feel it was a nicer gain then the Injen intake, especially if you already have an intake.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:24 PM

Old 03-12-2004, 04:43 PM
DoGGy

Originally Posted by Ant96GLE
Sounds like you already need a new pair of underwear

The "handle thing" is supposed to be bolted onto where the boost sensor is located at unless you have relocated it. Its near the auto tranny dipstick

the handle thing is just hangin and the boost sensor is hanging too. but my intake seems to be installed pretty good, it doesnt move. should i worry about it ?

Old 03-12-2004, 04:48 PM
The original VQ...

Great mod man, when i just got my intake i loved scaring the **** outa kids and people walkin down the street, i have short ram, to bad intakes dont give us as much power as sound.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

Wow 4 hours to install the intake? I didn't think it would be that hard. I had mine installed by ny96max (ant), he was done in 1 hour.
Injen is a good intake, only problem with it, it sits right behind the Radiator. It makes it an HAI not a CAI..........
Old 03-12-2004, 05:19 PM
DoGGy

hey i had no instrcutions to use. the ones that came with it were pure BS. i used common sence and im a n00b at these things. still proud that i was able to do it all by MYSELF.

Old 03-12-2004, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by DoGGy
hey i had no instrcutions to use. the ones that came with it were pure BS. i used common sence and im a n00b at these things. still proud that i was able to do it all by MYSELF.
yeh bro you should be proud. I am not trying to bash you. I know what you mean about the instruction, it is BS. I agree.

Old 03-12-2004, 05:32 PM

Post some pic, here is mine:

Old 03-12-2004, 06:01 PM

Heh, it really shouldn't have taken 4 hours.. It's pretty straight forward and you don't even need to cut into the fenders like a real CAI.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:05 PM

does Injen make a regular intake? and does it sound like the CAI?
Old 03-12-2004, 06:16 PM

Good to see you are loving the intake.
Here is what the handle is supposed to do

Old 03-12-2004, 06:56 PM
DoGGy

Originally Posted by optimus310
Good to see you are loving the intake.
Here is what the handle is supposed to do

i got no clue where that thing is mounted to lol. i gotta compare it to my engine and see whats up. my handle is way down there on the bottom. my intake seems pretty secure. should i worry about it?

the reasons why it took me 4 hours because i only use 2 screw drivers. i didnt know i had to take off the clamp from firewall to hook up sensors and i had problems puttin that sucker down there. besides all that, my - connection to the battery is hangin there losely, it could easily pop out. i have to use some tape or something. the entire airbox was a ***** to take off too. oh and i spend time cleanin TB too, while i was at it. my tb was shinny and i didnt see anything come outta there. prolly cuz i had recently poured a bottle of lucas fuel system cleaner in there

Old 03-12-2004, 07:08 PM
vsamoylov

looks good man.

Old 03-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Hooooooonda.....

You didn't gain much at all with the CAI. You lost some top end but that's about it.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:05 PM
DoGGy

Originally Posted by Big D
You didn't gain much at all with the CAI. You lost some top end but that's about it.

thats why a y pipe is on order my man

once i install the y pipe, the intake is gonna give me gains

Old 03-12-2004, 08:11 PM

[QUOTE=DoGGy]4 hours of work and im telling u. this $hit was a ***** to install.

QUOTE]
Did you run into a problem that it took 4 hours?
edit: just read post about bad instructions...

Glad to hear you like it though
Old 03-12-2004, 08:14 PM

did u revese the pipe.. the only way the handle is at the bottom is if u have the pipe in upside down.. pics would help alot..

i have mine tied to the radiator hose. i stripped the bolt out and had to improvise a bit.. i love it tho.. next get a ypipe and a full cat back.. and your set..

blake
Old 03-12-2004, 08:34 PM
DoGGy

Originally Posted by driver824
did u revese the pipe.. the only way the handle is at the bottom is if u have the pipe in upside down.. pics would help alot..

i have mine tied to the radiator hose. i stripped the bolt out and had to improvise a bit.. i love it tho.. next get a ypipe and a full cat back.. and your set..

blake

i dont get what ur saying. the intake could only fit one way. comparin the pics to what i did, it looks the same except my "handle" is not connected.

Old 03-12-2004, 09:02 PM

my god never heard anyone so happy over an intake
Old 03-12-2004, 09:05 PM

nice job, keep it up!

i used have an intake but i like my torque im just gonna get a JWT or something..
Old 03-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Custom User Title

My Injen knockoff should be here any day
Old 03-12-2004, 09:25 PM

i dont get what ur saying. the intake could only fit one way. comparin the pics to what i did, it looks the same except my "handle" is not connected.
o ok i see. i thought u said that the handle part was on the bottom near the cone.. my bad..
Old 03-13-2004, 07:25 AM
Banned

i never hooked up my handle...
Old 03-13-2004, 06:00 PM

I am thinkin about getting an injen cai but i just put a motor in a focus that hydro locked and threw the crank into the pavment. (it was an aem cai) How low does the cone sit is it in an area that can get alot of water from a puddle?
Old 03-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by MrPink
I am thinkin about getting an injen cai but i just put a motor in a focus that hydro locked and threw the crank into the pavment. (it was an aem cai) How low does the cone sit is it in an area that can get alot of water from a puddle?

Its protected, it sits above the bottom splash gaurd. If you drive through a 2-3 ft. puddle then yes, it will suck water...but why would you do that?
Old 03-13-2004, 08:56 PM

i got no clue where that thing is mounted to lol. i gotta compare it to my engine and see whats up. my handle is way down there on the bottom. my intake seems pretty secure. should i worry about it?

the reasons why it took me 4 hours because i only use 2 screw drivers. i didnt know i had to take off the clamp from firewall to hook up sensors and i had problems puttin that sucker down there. besides all that, my - connection to the battery is hangin there losely, it could easily pop out. i have to use some tape or something. the entire airbox was a ***** to take off too. oh and i spend time cleanin TB too, while i was at it. my tb was shinny and i didnt see anything come outta there. prolly cuz i had recently poured a bottle of lucas fuel system cleaner in there

Looks nice and secure..... I don't think you ever have problem. I have mine setup just like that.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:58 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

i think im missing the bottom splash gaurd gotta go to nissan
Old 03-13-2004, 09:50 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

doggy glad u like ur intake
Old 03-13-2004, 10:45 PM

Yea i love my injen too. right now it's my only mod so it really stands/sounds out when i rev. even had a buncha people have me pop my hood to hear it up close
Old 03-13-2004, 11:03 PM
DoGGy

Originally Posted by max4lyfe.
Yea i love my injen too. right now it's my only mod so it really stands/sounds out when i rev. even had a buncha people have me pop my hood to hear it up close

muhhha it rocks. it doesnt make any noise if u rev it @ idle. barely growls. but when ur actually driving, its louuuuuuuud.

btw do u guys notice the intake makin a HSSSSSSSSSS sound when ur idlin?

thx nismo14, i dont like it, i LOVE it

Old 03-13-2004, 11:07 PM

muhhha it rocks. it doesnt make any noise if u rev it @ idle. barely growls. but when ur actually driving, its louuuuuuuud.

btw do u guys notice the intake makin a HSSSSSSSSSS sound when ur idlin?

thx nismo14, i dont like it, i LOVE it

yeh that hssssss sound its pretty cool. Do you hear any whistle sound when you drive?
Old 03-13-2004, 11:11 PM

with mine there is alot of whistle like noise.. i hve the wrong year midpipe and the temp sensor that suppose to go in is open.. so i threw the air temp sensor.. the sensor at the bottom of the stock intake.. and well ther is a slight gap in the way it is mounted and adds to that whislte.. i kinda like it tho..

Quick Reply: JUST installed INJEN and OMG !!!