4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Our cars are old, PERIOD

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 11:17 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You're right BOSS, our cars are old. And with time things will wear out. Our cars are very dependable too. That's why i bought mine.

Plus to one day put a supercharger on it.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by BOSS
well iansw, you probably missed my post about a Supra in this thread

That car owns all
Nah - I saw that - I was just re-iterating it, because it's so true.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:48 AM

i have a new car, and people always ask where's the max? now the max is a 97 but nobody cares, they just like it. it will always be my little baby..
Old 03-15-2004, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Brudaddy
You need to upgrade your spelling and vocabulary skills. Dang!
Also, use some punctuation when you type, it is amazing how much easier it...One more thing, please try to make some sense when you post.
Having a bad day??? Wow.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by DrX
5 years is not old for a car. 10 years is not old for a car. A car is not designed to structurally "give out" after that long, or a at all for that matter. Of course moving parts are going to wear down and need replaced - that's the nature of the beast, but well taken care of, a car could last, ooh, forever.

Don't sit here and tell me your 1999 maxima is old.
i beg to differ. Some american cars built are meant to die after a certain age, thats why honda, mercedes, nissan, toyota and all the other foriegn car companies are loved so much for their reliability and ford, chevy, dodge, etc are disliked.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:02 PM

MY SPELLING IS BAD!

When you learn to speak and write in another Language in less then 3 1/2 years come and talk to me. plus I can speak german, good spanish, and perfect portuguese (can you do that?). I'm from brazil and I came to US 3 years ago, now I'm in college. When you do better then I did in another country then you can make fun of my mistakes, until then don't read my replys , and be quite.

BTW
If you have a hard time reading threads here at the .org I suggest you go back to the school you came from, and tell them they S**k for letting you pass grades.

I know I don't write perfectly, but It is just because I write what I think. sometimes looks neet and easy to understand, sometimes looks complicated.

*sorry to bother any other .org members, I just had to let it out.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Brudaddy
You need to upgrade your spelling and vocabulary skills. Dang!
Also, use some punctuation when you type, it is amazing how much easier it makes for all the rest of the world to read.
His statements were easy for me to follow Bru. You sure you got your glasses on?
Old 03-15-2004, 01:17 PM

4th Gens got some awesome looks IMHO. Destined to be a classic.

Who would say this car doesnt hold looks?

Old 03-15-2004, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
i beg to differ. Some american cars built are meant to die after a certain age, thats why honda, mercedes, nissan, toyota and all the other foriegn car companies are loved so much for their reliability and ford, chevy, dodge, etc are disliked.
Please stop talking out of your a$$. They are built to die after a certain age? haha. If that is so, then all foreign cars are built to die after a certain age as well. No car is immortal... pleeeease... look at your fellow orgers posting about problems with their FOREIGN maximas... My 96 Grand Prix is in tip top shape... no problems... People have problem because they do not know how to TAKE CARE and MAINTAIN their cars... Of course if you beat the **** out of it, any car will "die after a certain age"... sheesh. please stop disguising your faux opinions as facts.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:34 PM
formz

Originally Posted by Spaniard

Who would say this car doesnt hold looks?

[IG]http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/362000-362999/362498_1_full.jpg[/IMG]
I would just to be a pain in the butt.

Old 03-15-2004, 02:10 PM
wat

Old age only gives it more character. Id rather have this car than alot of newer cars on the road. Its older age gives it more of a personality. Not to mention I only have 50k miles on my '99, it has ALOT more living to do. Age has nothing to do with it, it still outperforms alot of cars on the road in looks, power, etc. I like knowing my car is hard to find, that makes it stand out more.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by ilumo
Please stop talking out of your a$$. They are built to die after a certain age? haha. If that is so, then all foreign cars are built to die after a certain age as well. No car is immortal... pleeeease... look at your fellow orgers posting about problems with their FOREIGN maximas... My 96 Grand Prix is in tip top shape... no problems... People have problem because they do not know how to TAKE CARE and MAINTAIN their cars... Of course if you beat the **** out of it, any car will "die after a certain age"... sheesh. please stop disguising your faux opinions as facts.
i'm not talking out of my a$$. Its a known fact that foreign cars are built better. Its been said time and time again. I know any and all cars will die at a certain age, but if you put an american car through the stuff as a foreign car, the foreign car will almost always come out on top. whether it be driven by a person that beats the crap out of it or it be one that loves it and takes great care of it. most american cars are built like crap. Why do you think that honda civic and accord retain their value so well while neons and calivers lose theirs.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:40 PM

sure, our cars are "old", but mines 8-9 years young. Im a senior in high school, and when i rolled up to schoo in it the after i first got it, all the girls were like, wow, what a nice car, bla bla bla, what year is it. When i told them it was a 96, they didnt believe me. My car could pass for a 99 easily, especially with the excellent condition I keep it in. Had the Maximas not changed model designs, it would pass for newer, especially with girls, since they just drive a thing with 4 wheels and a radio.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:43 PM

You are talking out of your rear...you said that some of the American cars are made to die at a certain age. ha ha ha. YOu mean, they actually spend money for REsearch and Development so that it will die and they mean for it to? ha ha ha. Good one. By the way, I have my glasses on.

Sorry if I was too harsh about your spelling earlier, Guinader. I didn't know you were foreign.

And I am not passing grades...I have a Bachelor or Science in Business Administration from a very nice Private University.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:40 PM

who cares if its old or not i love it more than my gurl its da only bich i can trust, and doesnt let me down
Old 03-15-2004, 04:52 PM

Old cars

Originally Posted by 2 Da Max
who cares if its old or not i love it more than my gurl its da only bich i can trust, and doesnt let me down
^^^^DAMN STRAIGHT^^^^

Jjust drive your car and take care of it, my car is 6 years old, when I pull up to stop lights, people look at my car and I get a lot of compliments.....4th GENS WILL ALWAYS BE SEXXXY!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by superblack98se
^^^^DAMN STRAIGHT^^^^

Jjust drive your car and take care of it, my car is 6 years old, when I pull up to stop lights, people look at my car and I get a lot of compliments.....4th GENS WILL ALWAYS BE SEXXXY!!!
unless its NOT lowered...
Old 03-15-2004, 06:02 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^lol funny
Old 03-15-2004, 07:10 PM

lexus=toyota but with a bigger sticker just to clear the air. and my cuz has a 96 i30 with almost 170,000 and still runs great.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:12 PM

i say that EXACT SAME THING 2 da max. people be like, who you likin (talkin about girls) and i say my maxima. And that its the only girl who wont cheat on me, break my heart, and if i treat her good, she treats me just as good if not better. Girls round here, you treat em nice, they just **** on you.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:44 PM
BOSS

Maybe you should stop talking out of your a$$ and read up on some recent statistics, boy.

Technically, any car should last if not beat upon like you said. However, it has been proven over and over again that, on average, foreign cars are MUCH more reliable than domestics. Whether you watch TV, read it in magazines, newspapers, hear it on the radio, or even search the internet you will find that most reliable vehicles are foreign, where Asian take first and German, although often debated, take second.

I watch news on TV, be it CNN or whatever else and I swear in the last couple months they stated at least 5 or 6 times during vehicle reports that Asian cars lead the way. On all of these lists, despite of what many in this thread believe, LEXUS does hold the #1 spot END OF STORY. Beemers, mercedes, and audis are very good cars - I myself love German automobiles. But in every single statistic and survey LEXUS owns all - on average, it breaks down least of all cars, outlives all cars, and has had the least number of recalls of all cars.

I don't like the smarta$$es who say that LEXUS is a mazda or a toyota with a bigger sticker blah blah blah - BS! If you really think that, than you've probably never ridden in one, let alone drove it. Lexus is an amazing car in all aspects of the word. With a Lexus you really do get what you pay for. They're not made to be sporty performance vehicles also so I can understand why one would take a typical Maxima over a lexus. However, put "sporty performance" aside and I'll take a lexus over a Maxima anyday! I just don't see how some 4th gen Maxima owners can think bad of, let alone bash a precision-made vehicle like LEXUS.

Lastly, sorry to break this to you domestic lovers, but domestics are, on average, the least reliable cars here in the US - a non-disputable fact of life

That is precisely why I am not thrilled with the newest gen Maxima, although I don't want to judge her too soon, simply because it's made where else if not USA - Tennessee to be exact I believe.

Old 03-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

Good information Boss, May be the next car would be Lexus. I want to Open Lexus.org. LOL just joking.... .
Old 03-15-2004, 07:49 PM

he's right. if you've ever been in a lexus, they are quite luxurious, but thats about it. I prefer sport with luxury as a side item. Not the other way around. Just for my preference, I'd take my Max over a Lexus ES300...they are good cars, but I'll take performance over luxury. And it is true that foreign cars last longer...notice Cadillacs happen to be the worst built cars ever...AND WHAT DO YA KNOW...AMERICAN...
Old 03-15-2004, 08:03 PM
wat

Maybe you should stop talking out of your a$$ and read up on some recent statistics, boy.

Technically, any car should last if not beat upon like you said. However, it has been proven over and over again that, on average, foreign cars are MUCH more reliable than domestics. Whether you watch TV, read it in magazines, newspapers, hear it on the radio, or even search the internet you will find that most reliable vehicles are foreign, where Asian take first and German, although often debated, take second.

I watch news on TV, be it CNN or whatever else and I swear in the last couple months they stated at least 5 or 6 times during vehicle reports that Asian cars lead the way. On all of these lists, despite of what many in this thread believe, LEXUS does hold the #1 spot END OF STORY. Beemers, mercedes, and audis are very good cars - I myself love German automobiles. But in every single statistic and survey LEXUS owns all - on average, it breaks down least of all cars, outlives all cars, and has had the least number of recalls of all cars.

I don't like the smarta$$es who say that LEXUS is a mazda or a toyota with a bigger sticker blah blah blah - BS! If you really think that, than you've probably never ridden in one, let alone drove it. Lexus is an amazing car in all aspects of the word. With a Lexus you really do get what you pay for. They're not made to be sporty performance vehicles also so I can understand why one would take a typical Maxima over a lexus. However, put "sporty performance" aside and I'll take a lexus over a Maxima anyday! I just don't see how some 4th gen Maxima owners can think bad of, let alone bash a precision-made vehicle like LEXUS.

Lastly, sorry to break this to you domestic lovers, but domestics are, on average, the least reliable cars here in the US - a non-disputable fact of life

That is precisely why I am not thrilled with the newest gen Maxima, although I don't want to judge her too soon, simply because it's made where else if not USA - Tennessee to be exact I believe.
Under the maxima on my list of cars was the SC300/400. I test drove a '94 Lexus SC400 before I got my max, and all I can say is that they were both equal in quality in means of wear and tear. Lexus' will last much longer than any other car out there, but it takes money to keep them that way when they get older. If I had the money for insurance (monthly was quoted $100 per month higher for the SC400) I would have taken it in a second. Those cars are all about luxury, and the SC400 has performance, more than the max. Insurance was the ONLY thing keeping me back. Id still sell my car in a second for a SC400 or even a 5spd SC300. They might weigh 500lbs more than the max, but the SC400 can easily hit mid 14s with just a torque converter and a good set of tires. Theres nothing slow about a lexus, some of them might be heavy, but alot of them make up for it. The newer GS430 have 300+hp, and weigh a sh!tload, but those things can hit low 14s if driven right. Only luxury? I think not. So I agree with you BOSS.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:15 PM

yeah, depending on what lexus you get. I was comparing the es300 to the max, same class car. Id take a GS430 special edition, or IS300 5 spd too...dont get me wrong
Old 03-15-2004, 08:16 PM

Wow... such a long post for what? Guess what, you are an idiot. You should wipe that crust from your eyes, or maybe you you should get some reading glasses. no where did I say that foreign build quality was INFERIOR to domestic. All i said was that DOMESTIC cars do not have a predetermined "expiration" date. Your bash to me falls on deaf ears. Statistically, imports have much better build, because in the PAST, Foreign car makers had MUCH STRICTER tolerances than the domestic market. Duhhh, of course they are going to be "better". Nowadays, with everyone carmaker upgrading their processing and manufacturing abilities, the gap difference between the automakers should be shrinking dramatically. of course "QUALITY" will be different between a 25k$ car and a 45k$. materials, craftsmanship, etc will be better.

I am not a domestic car lover. I am a CAR lover. I dont discriminate. You sound like a stupid fanboy who cant afford a lexus, so had to settle for a maxima. "Sporty". Ha... get the GS430, or SC430... it'll dust you before you can say, "im a dumbass".

And the old ES300 was basically a camry, you idiot.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:21 PM

yeah just like a 96 maxima is "basically" a infiniti i 30, you idiot. or the G35 coupe is the same as the 350z...what does that have to do with anything. The higher scale of the two is going to have a few more luxury options, a few more upgrades. like the new es300's have 200 hp, and the camrys have 192...i dunno, the point of you bringing that up was what?
Old 03-15-2004, 08:25 PM

Exactly what i was saying. I'm not saying american cars are made to die at a certain year, i'm saying they are made to last as long as foreign cars.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by eckohb
yeah just like a 96 maxima is "basically" a infiniti i 30, you idiot. or the G35 coupe is the same as the 350z...what does that have to do with anything. The higher scale of the two is going to have a few more luxury options, a few more upgrades. like the new es300's have 200 hp, and the camrys have 192...i dunno, the point of you bringing that up was what?
Did you see the Old Lexus ES300? Compare that to the Camry XLE. Same drivetrain, suspension, interior is almost the same... Spend a few thousand more for the name. And for the I30. yes... the I30 is essentially a glorified Maxima GLE.
The reason I bring it up is because Mr. Bossface claimed that LEXUS isnt just a rebadged Toyota. And I brought up a counterpoint and proved him wrong.

and btw, G35 is not the same and 350Z, you IDIOT.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:34 PM

of course they arent, i never said they were. I was just using examples to prove you wrong. If they were the same thing, there'd be no need to sell it under two different names now would there? And BOSS never said what Lexus model he was referring to when he said it wasnt a debadged toyota.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:38 PM
BOSS

Wow... such a long post for what? Guess what, you are an idiot. You should wipe that crust from your eyes, or maybe you you should get some reading glasses. no where did I say that foreign build quality was INFERIOR to domestic. All i said was that DOMESTIC cars do not have a predetermined "expiration" date. Your bash to me falls on deaf ears. Statistically, imports have much better build, because in the PAST, Foreign car makers had MUCH STRICTER tolerances than the domestic market. Duhhh, of course they are going to be "better". Nowadays, with everyone carmaker upgrading their processing and manufacturing abilities, the gap difference between the automakers should be shrinking dramatically. of course "QUALITY" will be different between a 25k$ car and a 45k$. materials, craftsmanship, etc will be better.

I am not a domestic car lover. I am a CAR lover. I dont discriminate. You sound like a stupid fanboy who cant afford a lexus, so had to settle for a maxima. "Sporty". Ha... get the GS430, or SC430... it'll dust you before you can say, "im a dumbass".

And the old ES300 was basically a camry, you idiot.
my guess is ilumo is 5 years old and wants to argue for the sake of it. I tell him the facts and he disputes them. The reason people like you get flamed so often is because you bring up points, or dispute something with nothing to back it up. And "predetermined expiration" for domestics??? Obviously not, the point I was making is that YES, ON AVERAGE a domestic car's "expiration" WILL come sooner.

"of course "QUALITY" will be different between a 25k$ car and a 45k$. materials, craftsmanship, etc will be better." ----- You make no sense whatsoever. I wasn't just referring to the LEXUS in case you haven't noticed ...nor am I talking about a foreign vehicle for $45k vs. a domestic for $25k. I'm talking about an overall comparison of foreign cars to domestics even if it means cars in the same price range.

It's OK though, you're most likely a sophmore in high school who just got his license.

Old 03-15-2004, 08:40 PM

of course they arent, i never said they were. I was just using examples to prove you wrong. If they were the same thing, there'd be no need to sell it under two different names now would there? And BOSS never said what Lexus model he was referring to when he said it wasnt a debadged toyota.
Then you need to work on some skills, son. You havn't proved me wrong. if anything, you have proved that you are ignorant. A 350z is NOT a G35. Well, a few differences 1 has a SEDAN option, while one has only a COUPE option. one has a ReAR seat, while the other one only has 2 fronts, interiors are TOTALLY different... damn kiddo. Atleast say a Maxima and an I35.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:43 PM

haha, BOSS, i wasnt talking about you man, it was aimed at ilumo
Old 03-15-2004, 08:48 PM
BOSS

listen eckohb, like I said before, ilumo is obviously young and ignorant. He presumably thinks that personally attacking others who know considerably more about the topic at hand will make him sound more intelligent.

in all probability, he was

Old 03-15-2004, 08:50 PM

my guess is ilumo is 5 years old and wants to argue for the sake of it. I tell him the facts and he disputes them. The reason people like you get flamed so often is because you bring up points, or dispute something with nothing to back it up. And "predetermined expiration" for domestics??? Obviously not, the point I was making is that YES, ON AVERAGE a domestic car's "expiration" WILL come sooner.

"of course "QUALITY" will be different between a 25k$ car and a 45k$. materials, craftsmanship, etc will be better." ----- You make no sense whatsoever. I wasn't just referring to the LEXUS in case you haven't noticed ...nor am I talking about a foreign vehicle for $45k vs. a domestic for $25k. I'm talking about an overall comparison of foreign cars to domestics even if it means cars in the same price range.

It's OK though, you're most likely a sophmore in high school who just got his license.
No... I like to correct people who make blatently FALSE comments... eg.
Originally Posted by BMR4LIFE

=FALSE ok.
So I have to correct him, and maybe it was a little HARSH, but I had to make a point. Now you come in, and try to educate ME with magazine and tv statisitics that I already know. I dispute the degree of manufacturing quality between domestics and imports... and how its NOT that far apart nowadays. because like ive explained before.. its NOT.

Sophomore in HS. I think not... If I was, id be bashing your ride, and be saying mines better, neener neener.fanboy
Old 03-15-2004, 08:51 PM

yeah, i realize that. I was just defending your point. and i wasnt actually saying a g35 and 350z were the same, i was just comparing two cars, saying they were the same like he did. It's all good BOSS
Old 03-15-2004, 08:53 PM

Anyway. This thread has gone past its use. It no longer has valuable information. Just a bunch of rambling. mods shoud lock it up.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:56 PM
BOSS

haha, BOSS, i wasnt talking about you man, it was aimed at ilumo
I know, I didn't post that, ilumo did

Anyway. This thread has gone past its use. It no longer has valuable information. Just a bunch of rambling. mods shoud lock it up.
Hey, YOU made it useless ilumo

The only thing mods should lock up is your org account

You have definitely gone past YOUR use with your insults and overall attitude

In the end, it's funny how you find your own contribution to the above-listed posts as "a bunch of rambling"

Old 03-15-2004, 09:04 PM

once again, im gonna side with BOSS on this one. He does bring up some very interesting, yet true facts and points
Old 03-15-2004, 09:12 PM

I know, I didn't post that, ilumo did

Hey, YOU made it useless ilumo

The only thing mods should lock up is your org account

You have definitely gone past YOUR use with your insults and overall attitude

In the end, it's funny how you find your own contribution to the above-listed posts as "a bunch of rambling"
and so you drag me back into it. lock up my account? for what? For stating SOME opinions, and CORRECTING some false facts? Sorry "boss", but I am free to state my opinion. like i said before, I am harsh, and use blunt language... if you cant handle it... go cry a river... ... but i only use that when people have blantly uneducated responses.
And with your lifeless flame on me, I felt it necessary to point out some of your idiotic comments as well.

Quick Reply: Our cars are old, PERIOD