4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

PICS of inner IS300 lights!!! -Custom-

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2001, 04:21 PM
CustomMax

Here are two pics of the new interior lights. I appreciate any feedback.

-=Custom=-

Old 03-16-2001, 04:24 PM
Vic

=)
Old 03-16-2001, 04:24 PM

uuuummmmm it looks aight. the lights are not bright enough, so now you have to be worried about being rear-ended.

BTW. where are your reverse lights.
Old 03-16-2001, 04:31 PM

The lights look pretty sick! It looks like they did a really clean job. But, if I were to do that, I would get some inner tails from the GS Lexus, because the angle of them would probably match the angle of the trunk on the Maxima. Looks really good though.
Old 03-16-2001, 04:33 PM
CustomMax

Originally posted by AGnismo
The lights look pretty sick! It looks like they did a really clean job. But, if I were to do that, I would get some inner tails from the GS Lexus, because the angle of them would probably match the angle of the trunk on the Maxima. Looks really good though.
Yeah, i thought about doing that too. I had a friend of mine photoshop each of the two different circles on the car for me and I thought the IS300 lights looked 100% better. Thanks for the compliment.

-_Custom_-

Old 03-16-2001, 06:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Eh... they look kinda naked just sitting out there. I think they would look better with some sort of housing around them, like the outer IS taillights. Maybe use the shape of the Maxima cluster but hollow it out and put the circular lights in there with a chrome or carbon fiber backdrop. I've got to give you props for originality though, you'll never see another car on the road that looks like yours.

BTW, I have my FAU (98-99 summer) sticker in the exact same place.
Old 03-16-2001, 06:42 PM
Administrator

wait a sec.. you said they did no fiber glassing or custom work.. so how the hell did they mold the lights around the trunk.. and you said this cost you under $300??? i don't know.. seems wierd to me
Old 03-16-2001, 07:09 PM

ehhh...i dunno looks kinda weird
Old 03-16-2001, 07:13 PM

not my idea of good looks
Old 03-16-2001, 07:22 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

well your lights are now pink...hmmm

you need some APC painted bulbs or you are just asking for trouble from people behind you...
Old 03-16-2001, 07:24 PM
Administrator

No! that would just kill the whole rice effect

Originally posted by Chris91SE
well your lights are now pink...hmmm

you need some APC painted bulbs or you are just asking for trouble from people behind you...
Old 03-16-2001, 08:08 PM

I don't know? The two circular lights look kinda weird by themselves. Although, I have to give you props for trying to separate yourself from the rest of the maximas on the forum. Maybe it's because your car is white or something
Old 03-16-2001, 08:13 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

uhhh...

20!
Old 03-16-2001, 08:24 PM

Ok, thats not real right? Please tell me that is a photo shop project.
Old 03-16-2001, 08:28 PM

dont like it...

ur tails are pink..

get some davidL'ed taillights and red circles..

thats just my opinion...
Old 03-16-2001, 08:28 PM

DAMN MAN!! TWENTY? hahahahahhahaha, thats bad...

on the real tho, i think those lights would look good on a black or blue car. the outer lights look way too wierd now without the inner piece to go along with it...maybe if you swap the is300 outer piece as well...heheheheh.

casey
Old 03-16-2001, 08:40 PM

I like the originality of the lights but it looks a little to plain in the middle now. Maybe if you relocated the license plate to the trunk area??
Old 03-16-2001, 09:00 PM

here's my idea.. put the MAXIMA letters back on and do the clear/red combo with your outer lights.
Old 03-16-2001, 09:17 PM

now if there was a flash used why arent the two inner lights reflecting just like the other lights on your car and the car infront of you???
Old 03-16-2001, 10:12 PM
CustomMax

Hey, I just got back in from seeing that DMX-Steven Sigal movie...Great movie...I'm glad you guys can appreciate the originality. As for the 'emptiness' I have to wait a couple weeks for the coat to fully set (or something like that) before I put the Nissan and MAXIMA emblems back on.

As far as the bulbs go, there is nothing in there. I don't know why some people say they are pink, as there are NO bulbs in lights when these pictures were taken.

I'm getting 20 inch Lexani Krystals tomorrow...mabey those will be the 'right touch'

-=Custom=-

P.S- This is not a photoshoped picture, and the install was $175 including tax. I have no idea what they used to doit or how he got everything in there but it's there, ask Wesley.

Old 03-16-2001, 10:26 PM

where is the indent on the trunk?

Thats a 95-96 right? It looks like it has the short bumper, also the brake light is on the lower part of the tail. I am not on my regular computer so I might be wrong cuz this laptop screen sux. Anyway where is the indent on the bottom of the trunk? Seems a little odd to me, if its really not there.
Old 03-16-2001, 10:46 PM

hi- oops didn't mean to give you a hard time. It must be this crappy laptop's screen. Where in fl are you. Im curious what are the lights wired up to work with, are they your backup lights, or brake lights.
Old 03-16-2001, 10:50 PM
CustomMax

Originally posted by fsumax
hi- oops didn't mean to give you a hard time. It must be this crappy laptop's screen. Where in fl are you. Im curious what are the lights wired up to work with, are they your backup lights, or brake lights.
Hey, i'm in Boca Raton (about an hour north of Miami). Right now I have my turn signals wired in there and my reverse lights are wired to the factory turn signals (in the outer lights) but I was thinking about changing it. Any suggestions??

Old 03-16-2001, 11:16 PM

I do have an idea that would be bad ***!

It might take a little bit of custom work but it would be awsome. You could rewire the inner circles back to the reverse lights. BUT,,, Replace the 1156 socket or what ever it is to something much brighter like a h3 or something. First of all this would be awsome for when you have to back up out of tight spots at night or around stuff in your way. Then wire in a swich so you can turn them on independently, immagine some butt head's suprise when he is tail gaiting you and you filp on a set of h3 right in his face. sorry for all the spelling mistakes but im tired and I suck at spelling anyway. YOu would have to rewire most of the stock wireing b/c it would fry trying to light up a bulb 2x more pwerfull.
Old 03-16-2001, 11:47 PM
Finally, A New Status Title...How About Donating Maxima.org Member...Oh wait...NO!!!

i think they look

nice! Custom that is original and i think they look good. but the lights do look pink in teh pic, i don;t know why. anyways i think its going to look alot less naked once you have the maxima letters back on why don't you try and do a whole is300 tail light conversion? that would look sick. keep original.
Old 03-17-2001, 12:28 AM

How about....

5th gen AE lights molded on there..instead of those ricey's...
Old 03-17-2001, 06:44 AM

Originally posted by CustomMax
Here are two pics of the new interior lights. I appreciate any feedback.

-=Custom=-

I don't like it.
Old 03-17-2001, 07:26 AM
CustomMax

Re: I do have an idea that would be bad ***!

Originally posted by fsumax
It might take a little bit of custom work but it would be awsome. You could rewire the inner circles back to the reverse lights. BUT,,, Replace the 1156 socket or what ever it is to something much brighter like a h3 or something. First of all this would be awsome for when you have to back up out of tight spots at night or around stuff in your way. Then wire in a swich so you can turn them on independently, immagine some butt head's suprise when he is tail gaiting you and you filp on a set of h3 right in his face. sorry for all the spelling mistakes but im tired and I suck at spelling anyway. YOu would have to rewire most of the stock wireing b/c it would fry trying to light up a bulb 2x more pwerfull.
That's a damn good idea. I think I'm going to try and run a single PIAA H3 bulb to the rear and have it connected to a switch. That could be lots of fun while driving at night

Old 03-17-2001, 07:27 AM
CustomMax

Originally posted by plrod Black 95 SE

I don't like it.
Haha, now that's a big surprise. Having Shingles d*ck in your mouth is probably just clouding your judgement. Take a look at them after you swallow and let me know what you think.

-=Custom=-

Old 03-17-2001, 07:34 AM

yuck!, damn man, to me it looks like a big mistake...
its different but it doesn't seen to work to well..
Old 03-17-2001, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Re: i think they look

of course you would.. you are a rice boy just like he is
Originally posted by SINYMaxSE
nice! Custom that is original and i think they look good. but the lights do look pink in teh pic, i don;t know why. anyways i think its going to look alot less naked once you have the maxima letters back on why don't you try and do a whole is300 tail light conversion? that would look sick. keep original.
Old 03-17-2001, 08:01 AM
CustomMax

Re: Re: i think they look

Originally posted by SprintMax
of course you would.. you are a rice boy just like he is
What exactly constitutes a rice-boy. Why are you not a "rice boy"? Whay aren't we all "rice-boys"? Do you even know the answer to these questions?...Wait...I got it...If you don't share the same views and opinions as SprintMax, you are part of an inferior race, and whatever you say or think is wrong.

-BoW To SpRiNt MaX-

lol

Old 03-17-2001, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: i think they look

its not your fault you don't have any taste.. its just a damn shame you choose a maxima to exhibit your distastefulness.. you should have bought an accord or a civic you would have more people to see eye to eye with

What exactly constitutes a rice-boy. Why are you not a "rice boy"? Whay aren't we all "rice-boys"? Do you even know the answer to these questions?...Wait...I got it...If you don't share the same views and opinions as SprintMax, you are part of an inferior race, and whatever you say or think is wrong.

-BoW To SpRiNt MaX-

lol
Old 03-17-2001, 08:21 AM
CustomMax

Re: Re: Re: Re: i think they look

Originally posted by SprintMax
its not your fault you don't have any taste.. its just a damn shame you choose a maxima to exhibit your distastefulness.. you should have bought an accord or a civic you would have more people to see eye to eye with

Once again, I bow before thee o' great one, SprintMax. Your maxima is definently superior to all others and I loath for your approval. I mean, your car looks so distinguished and so original. If we could all posses a fraction of your intelect and be able to envision a 'bite' of your creativity all of our Max's would stand out. I mean, a Max with a custom light conversion, 20 inch chrome rims, custom $3,000 stereo system, and custom lighting inside and out can in no way compare to the outspoken good taste that you have, and illustrate by modding your max. They should rename the site www.SprintmaxForums.com.

Old 03-17-2001, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: i think they look

I actually have 19 inch rims, full body kit, full Diamond Audio and Kicker $4000+ audio system and tasteful red/clear tails.. yeah.. whats your point.. at least i won't have 75% of people looking at my car driving down the road wondering what the hell happend..

Once again, I bow before thee o' great one, SprintMax. Your maxima is definently superior to all others and I loath for your approval. I mean, your car looks so distinguished and so original. If we could all posses a fraction of your intelect and be able to envision a 'bite' of your creativity all of our Max's would stand out. I mean, a Max with a custom light conversion, 20 inch chrome rims, custom $3,000 stereo system, and custom lighting inside and out can in no way compare to the outspoken good taste that you have, and illustrate by modding your max. They should rename the site www.SprintmaxForums.com.
Old 03-17-2001, 08:47 AM

I don't like it...
Old 03-17-2001, 09:14 AM

big up,s custom max it look,s good

hey ,custom max i think your light mod look,s good it may be a little plain but with the maxima lettering back on it it,s going to look realy nice .do you have a pic of your car side way,s to see how 20 look like .one more thing fu** what every one think,s it,s all about being different and having your very own style . MAXIMA.MEET,4-7-01-MIAMI-FL-TACO-BELL-IN-FRONT-OF-TROPICAL-PARK-sw-40st-hope you can make it ..one love peace ..
Old 03-17-2001, 11:00 AM

I'd have to see it in person to fully decide

and I think it'll look better with the MAXIMA back on there. I wouldn't do the light switch thing though...the cops down here are a$$es. I might actually be able to go to that meet in april (I'm in Sunrise)
Old 03-17-2001, 11:26 AM

Geez man, you guys ever heard of constructive critisism?
Old 03-17-2001, 11:45 AM

I was actually thinking about doing this to my 2k...i dunno i said it looked weird before but it looks fugly without the other part of the light....its like...YAH YAH YAH....hey...where the rest of the light??

Quick Reply: PICS of inner IS300 lights!!! -Custom-