4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Two Kills, one day, GTP, LS....

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2001, 10:53 PM

Man did I have a good day today....too bad there's 4 inches of snow on the ground now . damn Chicago weather.

Anyway I was driving home from school today, and I got to race a GTP for the first time up top today. I really didn't know how it was going to turn out, since it has a big HP advantage, anyway, we were going about 50 and it was a chick in a green GTP, I pulled by and smiled...just normally passing on the left and then what does she do......she punches it....so I throw it into second...and she get's right next to me...for the next few seconds it's dead even...then I shift into third....and max just started pulling like hell on the GP. I was very impressed to say the least. The coolest part was that it was hottie who was driving it.

The second was less than 10 minutes later, I had just pulled on the interstate and was going about 75, when I see this Lincoln LS coming up really fast on my left. I accelerate just enough so that I'm right next to him as he gets next to me, he looks at me and punches it....I wait a sec and get right behind him in the left land...just giving it enough gas to stay right on his tail I then notice that it's an LS V-8, so I'm thinking, this should be interesting. So anway we pass a car on the left and I give it full throttle. I pulled by him on the right faster than I pulled on that GTP, I was like DAMN. The look on his face as I went by said it all...."dammit, I didn't pay almost 40 grand to get my *** kicked by a Maxima....it was classic."

Anyways, thanks for listening, I just thought I'd tell my story for the day!

-Bri
Old 03-16-2001, 11:03 PM

Heh NJ
I know how u feel about the chicago weather.. Its horrible.. My max wont cant get out of my driveway
Old 03-17-2001, 05:06 AM

I hope you didn't start another GTP kill thread, we just went through this last week.
Old 03-17-2001, 05:07 AM
TommyBoiSxty9

Thos LSV8's are slow.... 3.9L is really small for a V8... My TBird is faster than they are and that's a 4-speed *bad* tranny LoL

Muha! on the GTP kill... Doesn't your adrenaline just rush when you race a woman in a sweet car?

I love seein women in sweet cars

Old 03-17-2001, 07:22 AM

gtp? lol sorry i know my cars but im spacin..whats a gtp?
Old 03-17-2001, 08:30 AM

gtp = Pontaic GradPrix GTP with the S/C 3.8L V6
Old 03-17-2001, 08:36 AM

aight thats what i thought, thanks lol
Old 03-17-2001, 08:53 AM

Originally posted by medicsonic
I hope you didn't start another GTP kill thread, we just went through this last week.
don't worry the gtp guys are gone anyway if they come back they don't visit the 4th generation forum
Old 03-17-2001, 08:55 AM

I hope I didn't start anothe "GTP kill" thread, that was definitely not the purpose. Just wanted to tell my story of the day. It could have been a Mustang GT or a prelude SH....just happend to be a GTP.

and yes racing women in sweet cars is awesome Tommy
Old 03-17-2001, 02:23 PM

GTPs suck anyway
Old 03-18-2001, 02:26 AM

Originally posted by costcowholesale

I'm thinking abt buying a used GTP this summer or later this year. 97/98 models they're around $4000 I guess $3000 american. they're usually listed at $20000 canadian a lot cheaper then 97/98 max gxe/se which usually goes 23000-24000
Man don't do it, my brother currently owns a 98 GTP and it's FALLING APART literally, just today it COMPLETELY died, I think it was the alternator, plus his headlights are full of moisture, the passenger door window switch is broken, the cruise control is broken, his parking brake is broken, and his SECOND tranny in 30K miles is slipping, and I drive my Max MUCH harder than he drives that car and I have 65K miles, with NO major problems to speak of.

-BriGuyMax
Old 03-18-2001, 10:12 AM

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

Man don't do it, my brother currently owns a 98 GTP and it's FALLING APART literally, just today it COMPLETELY died, I think it was the alternator, plus his headlights are full of moisture, the passenger door window switch is broken, the cruise control is broken, his parking brake is broken, and his SECOND tranny in 30K miles is slipping, and I drive my Max MUCH harder than he drives that car and I have 65K miles, with NO major problems to speak of.

-BriGuyMax
what can I get for $20000 canadian thats pretty fast, not too many kms,not too small, 4 doors? is gtp my only choice?
Old 03-18-2001, 10:44 PM

what can I get for $20000 canadian thats pretty fast, not too many kms,not too small, 4 doors? is gtp my only choice?
hmmmm...that's a tough one. That might be your only choice besides the Max. Maybe a Volvo S70 T5....but I'm not really sure how much those go for.
Old 03-19-2001, 07:45 AM

Hey bri where in Chicago area are u im maybe a week or two away from getting a newer max and would love some referrals to who installed the most of your mods...thanks for the help and BTW finding a five sp is harder than finding a 21yr old virgin....i've been up and down all over and when Arlington Nissan finally got one, they sold it in a day or so......so u guys pray for me and my search for a 96 5 sp...and u might ask why 96, it's cause im buying in cash and don't wanna finance due to maybe buying a house in a year or so.............
Old 03-19-2001, 08:04 AM

Just curious, do they make 5spd GTP's?
Old 03-19-2001, 09:47 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by BrianV
Don't think so. That was one of the things that all the GTP people on the forum last week were saying...they wanted a 5-spd.
Old 03-19-2001, 12:45 PM

Originally posted by BrianV
yes in 1993 or something the old generation GTP that year they sold like 500 manual and the manual got discontinued after that year due to poor sales
Old 03-19-2001, 12:54 PM

Americans do it again

yes in 1993 or something the old generation GTP that year they sold like 500 manual and the manual got discontinued after that year due to poor sales
The all-around wretchedness of the American car industry makes sick. If I were forced to own an American car I think I'd never stop vomiting.

Old 03-19-2001, 03:22 PM

Chicago....

Hey, Rico...I got my '97 5spd with 51K on it at Cliffor Chrysler, right next to Arlington Nissan on Feb. 1st. Yeah, those 5spds are hard to find, but it'd be worth your while to shop in Tradin' Times....that's how I found mine. By the way, I stole mine for $12K- mint, and dropped a lemon of a Dodge Ram p/u with a bad tranny and intake manifold(115K) for $9k on them, so I'm a very happy camper. But....the only thing I can tell you is to definitely give the Shaumburg are a look. Especially the Nissan dealer...and Highland Park Chevy always have a ton of goodies- the owner loves toys. I do sublet work for them, so I always see tons of RX-7's and Vette's out there amongst others. Good luck, and let me know if you need more info. I've always got my eye out.

Originally posted by RICOiz704
Hey bri where in Chicago area are u im maybe a week or two away from getting a newer max and would love some referrals to who installed the most of your mods...thanks for the help and BTW finding a five sp is harder than finding a 21yr old virgin....i've been up and down all over and when Arlington Nissan finally got one, they sold it in a day or so......so u guys pray for me and my search for a 96 5 sp...and u might ask why 96, it's cause im buying in cash and don't wanna finance due to maybe buying a house in a year or so.............
Old 03-19-2001, 05:17 PM

Re: Americans do it again

Originally posted by htmaxpower

The all-around wretchedness of the American car industry makes sick. If I were forced to own an American car I think I'd never stop vomiting.
na I'll take that C5 Z06 over the max
Old 03-19-2001, 10:08 PM

Originally posted by RICOiz704
I'm in Glen Ellyn, where are you??? Good luck finding a 5-speed max...when I got mine the dealership (Countryside Nissan) had 2 of em...almost identical...that were prepped the same day and advertised....that day I went to the dealership around 2pm...and one was already sold....so I got mine as fast as I could. I day for sale....2 5-speeds GONE. I'll be prayin' for you man.

Oh yea....I've installed all my mods myself.....on the floor of my garage When you get mods for yours I'll do it if you want.

-Bri
Old 03-19-2001, 10:12 PM

Re: Re: Americans do it again

na I'll take that C5 Z06 over the max
Yea....and when that Z06 breaks down....I'll be laughing as I drive by in my RELIABLE Maxima
Old 03-20-2001, 06:35 AM

Thanks Bri and Super Black......it's depressing but i'll maintain I found this one guy and he's a private owner and we are just going back and forth, I would prefer to buy from a dealer ship, but if I find a good reliable one and the owner allows me to get a "check up" with it i'll buy one from a private owner....but thanks bri i'll will more than gladly take u up on your offer i'de rather pay u than some rip off shop.....but i'll be keeping in touch and letting u guys know how the search goes....plus the IRS have no respect for me.....they take taxes on time but u have to wait for ever to get them back....and no rapids for me..I need every penny lol...but this friday it'll be here so i'll be more aggressive in my findings
Old 03-20-2001, 12:30 PM

Re: Re: Re: Americans do it again

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

Yea....and when that Z06 breaks down....I'll be laughing as I drive by in my RELIABLE Maxima
I'll outrun you 20 out of 20 times and by then you'll probably be too upset and run yr max into the wall
if the road merge or something I make you hit the wall whatever you do I can follow and not let you switch lane hahahhahahaha.....
Old 03-20-2001, 08:44 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Americans do it again

I'll outrun you 20 out of 20 times and by then you'll probably be too upset and run yr max into the wall
if the road merge or something I make you hit the wall whatever you do I can follow and not let you switch lane hahahhahahaha.....
And the the car breaks...

Seriously though, it's not even a fair race...come on the maxima is a really just a family sedan...man...give me a 911 turbo....and BU BYE Z06
Plus, look at the practicality of the Z06....uh...can't drive it in the snow....uh can't carry more than one other person....EATS GAS LIKE A ****, plus it's TOTALLY not a daily driver.