4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I Just Spent three hours Tear my entire interior out!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 11:03 PM

I Just Spent three hours Tear my entire interior out!

I am picking up my black leather interior, WHOLE SHEBANG, tomorrow, for 300$, and man i just spent 3+hours in my car, taking out ALL the tan stuff.
My interior now consists of a driver seat, my gauge cluster propped up on the metal skeleton of my dash, i bolted the hvac controls back to the frame, with the radio. There is no carpet, dash, headliner, rear deck, passenger or rear seats, just BARE METAL EVERYWHERE. I am driving the car in 5 hours to a junkyard, stripping the donor car, and installing it right there on the spot. its so odd to drive the car with NOTHING in it. I took it for a 1 am rip up my road, and WOW the car pulls so hard and it feel so empty, the cabin feels HUUUUGE, its crazy... the exhaust reverberates through the whole car, as does the intake, and water and sand hitting the wheel wells is incredibly loud...I SHOULD have pics of my totally stripped car, just black metal everywhere, if i can get my digi cam working.... its funny, black metal, and one tan leather seat.. and then out of nowhere a radio and hvac controls, LOL
well wish me luck on the conversion for tomorrow! BLACK ON BLACK COMING SOON!
Old 04-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

thats weight reduction for ya

why not save yourself the $300 and just keep it the way it is? you have a black interior right now
Old 04-01-2004, 11:43 PM
living out of a maxima...

seriously... go pick up the interior but don't put it on until you get in a few runs at the track
Old 04-02-2004, 12:01 AM

do you know how to remove the air vents next to the doors? or do you have to take the dash out to do so?
Old 04-02-2004, 03:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Old 04-02-2004, 04:19 AM

Now would be a great time to install a stereo, speakers, nitrous, dynomat, etc.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:22 AM
Custom User Title...

he's not realllllly spending the money as he's selling his interior and breaking even, that's the best part of it!

i'll see you tonight man, goodluck!
Old 04-02-2004, 05:05 AM
Old Maxima Legend

Originally Posted by 97blackSE
its so odd to drive the car with NOTHING in it !!
hey, how easy was taking the carpet out ? its looks like a piece of cake, im thinking about taking mine out and giving it a good washing and then putting it back in one weekend. all i can see is taking out the seats and brackets, middle console and it should come right on up. what do you think ?
Old 04-02-2004, 08:27 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by Jepht20
he's not realllllly spending the money as he's selling his interior and breaking even, that's the best part of it!

i'll see you tonight man, goodluck!
Did you buy it off of him? I really want his 97 center console. If it is not needed or not spoken for, i would love to buy it.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:57 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

I am picking up my black leather interior, WHOLE SHEBANG, tomorrow, for 300$, and man i just spent 3+hours in my car, taking out ALL the tan stuff.
My interior now consists of a driver seat, my gauge cluster propped up on the metal skeleton of my dash, i bolted the hvac controls back to the frame, with the radio. There is no carpet, dash, headliner, rear deck, passenger or rear seats, just BARE METAL EVERYWHERE. I am driving the car in 5 hours to a junkyard, stripping the donor car, and installing it right there on the spot. its so odd to drive the car with NOTHING in it. I took it for a 1 am rip up my road, and WOW the car pulls so hard and it feel so empty, the cabin feels HUUUUGE, its crazy... the exhaust reverberates through the whole car, as does the intake, and water and sand hitting the wheel wells is incredibly loud...I SHOULD have pics of my totally stripped car, just black metal everywhere, if i can get my digi cam working.... its funny, black metal, and one tan leather seat.. and then out of nowhere a radio and hvac controls, LOL

very nice indeed

btw- everything is spoken for.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:45 AM

How hard was it? i've been planning to this for sometime now but I dont know if i'll be able to take apart the dash.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Custom User Title...

Originally Posted by phenryiv1
Did you buy it off of him? I really want his 97 center console. If it is not needed or not spoken for, i would love to buy it.

no, ange got all that stuff, i only am getting the dash kit.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:39 AM

and the rear deck? guys in the next few days im going to have a LOT of tan crapola, and a lot of black trim pieces to sell, I will compile a list and post in the f/s forum, and link it here... I am still short a black leather drivers side panel and a headliner, but those are easy stuff to fix
Old 04-02-2004, 11:52 AM

What are you doing with the tan leather. I would like to see if I could take it off your hands
Old 04-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Sounds nice 97. Good luck with everything. So how was the removal? Not too bad? Any delicate snaps/clips break on you? Are you going leather? Enjoy your black!
Old 04-02-2004, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by moose54
What are you doing with the tan leather. I would like to see if I could take it off your hands
Originally Posted by Jepht20:
Old 04-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by 97MaxGurl
btw- everything is spoken for.
Originally Posted by Jepht20
ange-

What center console is currently in your 97, and what are you planning to do with it?
Old 04-02-2004, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by phenryiv1
ange-

What center console is currently in your 97, and what are you planning to do with it?
I donno.. it all depends on whenever I meet up with 97blackSE. We'll see what happens in the next week or two. -Ange