4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Car covers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 03:53 PM

Car covers?

Anybody using car covers? It's starting to get pretty sunny outside, and since i keep my car outside, i'm thinking about using a car cover...

any thoughts?
Old 04-14-2004, 05:19 PM

I used a car cover for about 2 years while I lived at an apartment.

If it's windy, make sure you get a car cover that has an elastic band on the bottom & tie-down holes on the side.

Ease of removal/installation: mine had a quick release clip in the front right under the bumper, so I could hold it in place/remove it easily.

Trunk lock-in strap: You can insert a loop through your trunk and shut the lid, effectively securing the cover to the car. It gives an added "tie-down" when it's windy.

Side mirror pockets: Great for fit, otherwise your sides will bulge out and won't fit well.

Driver door zipper access. Great for getting in to the car without removing the entire cover.

As for cover material, I got an all season cover because I used mine throughout the winter as well. You could feel the material/fabric/lining of the cover to see what is ok for you.

Good luck.

p.s: Never put the cover on when car is wet/damp. And in the winter time, car covers wil lfreeze to the car. If you'll be driving it in the winter, don't use a car cover. And don't cover a dirty car.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:49 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

i use one during the pollen season. it sucvks htought cause the cover get awfully nasty and if you put it on the wring way you get your carr all pollened.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by pocketrocket
I used a car cover for about 2 years while I lived at an apartment.

If it's windy, make sure you get a car cover that has an elastic band on the bottom & tie-down holes on the side.

Ease of removal/installation: mine had a quick release clip in the front right under the bumper, so I could hold it in place/remove it easily.

Trunk lock-in strap: You can insert a loop through your trunk and shut the lid, effectively securing the cover to the car. It gives an added "tie-down" when it's windy.

Side mirror pockets: Great for fit, otherwise your sides will bulge out and won't fit well.

Driver door zipper access. Great for getting in to the car without removing the entire cover.

As for cover material, I got an all season cover because I used mine throughout the winter as well. You could feel the material/fabric/lining of the cover to see what is ok for you.

Good luck.

p.s: Never put the cover on when car is wet/damp. And in the winter time, car covers wil lfreeze to the car. If you'll be driving it in the winter, don't use a car cover. And don't cover a dirty car.

What brand of car cover are you guys using? Is anybody using the genuine Nissan cover?
Old 04-14-2004, 08:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I tought of getting a Nissan one a while back. It is pretty dusty here in San Diego, my car duster helps though. I was wondering if the car cover would help with the morning dew? This is what gets my car looking dirty. If the cover is effective with the morning dew I could use the duster in the evening and then cover my car overnight.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:53 AM

what brand and where did you all get the covers from?
Old 04-15-2004, 11:09 AM

I have had my car stored all winter outside using a NOAH car cover for my Max. It is custom fitted and made of excellent material.

More info can be found here: http://www.autoanything.com/carcover...3&kc=ISE-04101

I would not be opposed to using it on a daily basis in the summer.

I remember this topic came up in the general forum a few weeks back and someone else suggested a Nissan car cover.

But from my experience, I really like this cover and think it is one of the best out there.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:13 AM
5th Gen till she dies!

mine i budget. i just went to wa;-mart and got teh most exspncive one i could find that was weather and water proof. it was $60 and fits awsome. i just fold my side mirrors in and slap it on.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by ja1997max
I have had my car stored all winter outside using a NOAH car cover for my Max. It is custom fitted and made of excellent material.

More info can be found here: http://www.autoanything.com/carcover...3&kc=ISE-04101

I would not be opposed to using it on a daily basis in the summer.

I remember this topic came up in the general forum a few weeks back and someone else suggested a Nissan car cover.

But from my experience, I really like this cover and think it is one of the best out there.
That is pricey.
I guess nothing but the best for your max, huh?