4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Maxima or 300ZX TT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 01:13 PM

All I have to offer to this thread is that yes the supra is a dominant car over the 300zx even though I love the 300.
Also, Boss, please quit it man.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:49 PM
formz

I'm wondering if Boss accepted my offer or ran away.

Old 04-22-2004, 05:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

this thread is retarded for 2 reasons

1. we already know that he's not getting the 300Z TT because the car turned out to be a POS and not even TT

2. BOSS joined the 'debate' and made an *** of himself as usual

IBTL
Old 04-22-2004, 05:40 PM
formz

Well I guess Boss just ran away. Typical. The most vocal one on message boards is usually the most cowardly. Chaulk one up for my side.

Old 04-22-2004, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by BOSS
only if a homo like you votes

notice how I said "not necessarily here" and "girls doing the voting"
And more name calling... man you're like a 12 year old douche that can't win an argument without being an ***. Give it up man, the girls won't care how you look because you sound like an idiot and probably look like one behind the computer screen anyway. This isn't a beauty pageant. Supras are overrated and played out. The non-turbod supras are slow, they run 15.9's stock. Even a max can take them out. Now you're probably gonna come back posting some bs comments.

http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic93062.htm
Old 04-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by maxlinegtr
Save up $$$ and get the 350Z....stay true to the VQ....not only will u make the right decision, but you'll save yourself a lot of headaches fixing the damn thing. very hard to maintain and mod. No to the 300zx....trust me ...my friend's Z is sitting in his backyard cuz the heater is messed up and he has to rip his whole dash out to get to it...to get to certain parts, that is what he has to do. imagine other parts, the alternator went out and guess what it is right behind the motor in the passenger side, guess where the max's alternator is at? right in front of the motor on the lower side...get my drift?

I30ds!!! i would choose over an RX-7 anyday, you don't see the Z being being diverse in compitions, i want to see the Z go Drifting...oops too heavy, or Break the 7 sec barrier.. sorry, rotaries are the ones owning the streets.
[/QUOTE]

Please!!! I I have hard this stuip **** before!! Ever look at the stock numbers on those cars!! The 300ZX TT destroys the RX-7, and the Z is off an older platform too!! Plus, you obviously have never known anybody that owned a RX-7, because if you did, you would know that the Mazda rotary crap box leaks more oil than the Exxon Valdez!! My friend and I had to tear appart the entire engine and replace every oil seal with aftermarket gaskets!! Give me the Z any day!!
Old 04-23-2004, 02:34 PM

Please!!! I I have hard this stuip **** before!! Ever look at the stock numbers on those cars!! The 300ZX TT destroys the RX-7, and the Z is off an older platform too!! Plus, you obviously have never known anybody that owned a RX-7, because if you did, you would know that the Mazda rotary crap box leaks more oil than the Exxon Valdez!! My friend and I had to tear appart the entire engine and replace every oil seal with aftermarket gaskets!! Give me the Z any day!![/QUOTE]

Please.... don't insult me ( I do not want to start another one of those)..I first started my love for cars on rotaries. Ive owned 1st and 2nd gen rx-7. and what?!? Rx-7 weren't from an older platform? Just because the Z has a little bit more Hp doesn't mean ****. the 7 is a lot lighter then the Z. for a 1300cc that can put down as much power as the big boys and more. Ive already said that the 7 leaks and seals are gonna be bad, but swappin out those misc is a whole lot easier then the Z. the Z destroys 7 huh. okay I believe you.
Old 04-23-2004, 03:51 PM

Buy the 300ZX and keep the Max. If you can't, just keep ther max because you don't know if the ZX has any problems.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:34 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by maxlinegtr
Please!!! I I have hard this stuip **** before!! Ever look at the stock numbers on those cars!! The 300ZX TT destroys the RX-7, and the Z is off an older platform too!! Plus, you obviously have never known anybody that owned a RX-7, because if you did, you would know that the Mazda rotary crap box leaks more oil than the Exxon Valdez!! My friend and I had to tear appart the entire engine and replace every oil seal with aftermarket gaskets!! Give me the Z any day!!
Please.... don't insult me ( I do not want to start another one of those)..I first started my love for cars on rotaries. Ive owned 1st and 2nd gen rx-7. and what?!? Rx-7 weren't from an older platform? Just because the Z has a little bit more Hp doesn't mean ****. the 7 is a lot lighter then the Z. for a 1300cc that can put down as much power as the big boys and more. Ive already said that the 7 leaks and seals are gonna be bad, but swappin out those misc is a whole lot easier then the Z. the Z destroys 7 huh. okay I believe you.
[/QUOTE]

I am not trying to insult you!! Look at more than just the 50 horsepower difference!! Look at the torque, braking, slalom, and skidpad!! The Z trashes the RX-7 in every catagory. the Mazda may be lighter which gives it a more sporty feel, but the Z is a true, fast, GT cruiser!! Not to mention when I sat in that RX-7, I could barely fit in it!! It was almost as bad as sitting in a S2000.

However, you are right I don't want to start another formz vs. boss fiasco that never gets any where but name calling. You like the Mazda, and I like the Nissan. There is nothing you can say to convince me, and there is nothing that I can say to convince you! The rotary is great for being able to produce so much power for such a small size. I respect your feelings for the RX-7. I just happen to disagree.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Always sunny in philly

...very interesting thread