4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Never Understood

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 06:38 PM

Never Understood

I've did some researching only to find NUTHING. Our cars last FOREVER if treated with love, actually, you can drive the dog crap out of it and they still last! (My supervisor is proof) She never washes it, never changes the oil, the interior loox like a junk yard, and its almost quieter than mine. Shes got a 97GLE. Why is it they depreciate SO FAST? Its Japanese, well we 4th gens are anyway and they have the potential to outrun any 4 door and most 2 doors! Now that they are made in the U.S. do they depreciate even more? My SE-L was $30,634.43 when it was new! I got the MSRP sticker from the lady who had it before me. It has every option you can think of. I got it for $8,700!!! WTF, Nissans' have the most trusted name as far a reliability but we get CRAPPY resale and zero acknowledgment. I even called the Nissan1 number and asked and the lady goes, hmm good question, I'll have to ask one of our engineers! Well, I guess I should appreciate the depreciation, becuz if it didn't, I probably wouldnt be part of the best site ever, the Org Family!!!! I lub you guys! I guess I just needed to vent a little. Replies are WELCOMED!
Old 04-19-2004, 06:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

nissans do not have the most trusted name, toyotas and hondas do, nissan was resurrected in the mid 90's , probalby becaus eof the VQ and the introduction of the altima into the lineup, and its built itself up prett well thus far, but hondas are still #1, hey...lower resale means we can buy a 5th or 6th gen for dirt cheap in a few years, wheraes the peole who want their hondas will have to pay top dollar....just a thought
Old 04-19-2004, 06:46 PM

wow..... im confused
Old 04-19-2004, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by mansurxk
nissans do not have the most trusted name, toyotas and hondas do, nissan was resurrected in the mid 90's , probalby becaus eof the VQ and the introduction of the altima into the lineup, and its built itself up prett well thus far, but hondas are still #1, hey...lower resale means we can buy a 5th or 6th gen for dirt cheap in a few years, wheraes the peole who want their hondas will have to pay top dollar....just a thought
Well everyone in my office is much older than me and they all drive Honda's, Acura's, Lexus, and Envoy's. When they see my cool Nissan Keychain swingin from my waist, they ask what u got, that Murano? I tell them NOPE, I drive the Flagship, and they INSTANTLY know what it is and ask how many miles I got on it, a zillion? Those cars will out live you. They last forever! Then they ask me the year and I say its a 99, and they COMPLETELY forget what the 4th gen body looks like and thinks its the 5th gen body. Then when they see me leave and I come back the next day, they say "I thought you drove a Maxima, I saw you leaving in a Honda Accord yesterday!" I get instantly ****ed and say HONDA COPIED OUR DESIGN! Then I have to take them for a walk to the parking lot! Although the 94' Accord did have a similiar design to us, then came the 95' Maxima, so I guess we copied their design huh? Thats the only reason I say the name is known for reliability. People know they last forever. The inside may fall apart on sum, but you'd have to shoot the motor with a sawed off shotgun to kill it!
Old 04-19-2004, 08:36 PM
DoGGy

my max is the only bitc|-| i trust in !!

Old 04-20-2004, 07:19 AM

LoL it's true these 4th gens can be driven the **** out of and still run like it did whne you got it. Just enjoy the car for as long as it lasts