4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Posers- So Lame

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mikesburn
Borra is European Jetta. Maybe he had european edition "Borra". I ve seen those before. In europe, Maxima is Infinity Q30. Our kinds of Maximas is only in US. In Japan they are called Cephiro

BTW, Iraqi police drive Nissan Maximas. Only newer models, 2000-2001. Well, not anymore
BORA (one r)=European Jetta

The guy just put the badge on his car, i doubt someone would import a Jetta. It's like the I30 guys that put CEFIRO (not Cephiro) on their cars.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:31 PM
THT
Throbbing member

Originally Posted by Tyrexx
If I had a G35 I wouldn't put skyline emblems on it but for somereason I like the nissan skyline better then the infiniti g35 coupe

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/top.html

In Japan, the G35 is the new Skyline and is marketed as such.

~THT
Old 05-04-2004, 06:54 PM
2060lbs and falling...

Badgeless is best. If they don't know they don't deserve to know and it is a measure of security if you ever do anything wrong.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by THT
In Japan, the G35 is the new Skyline and is marketed as such.

~THT
I know..... I said I like the new skyline, better than the g35. There are differences between a JDM skyline and USDM g35.

And I totally agree with broaner about being badgeless, awesome.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Chassis Freak

How about the "VTEC" badge I saw on a Dodge Neon? The "Neon" in curvy script font, PURPLE decal (from the factory) and below it they'd added a chrome VTEC badge. Wrong in so many ways....
Old 05-05-2004, 04:00 AM
Pizda Boy

If I had a G35 I wouldn't put skyline emblems on it but for somereason I like the nissan skyline better then the infiniti g35 coupe

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/top.html
i don't get this thread... you guys flame a guy for having se-l badges on a maxima YET you would put SKYLINE badges on a G35 . . . It's a G35 not a SKYLINE....

I have SE-L floormats in my SE does that make me a poser??? (not that I care)

NOW LET THIS STUPID THREAD DIE ALREADY!!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by MaxedOutOfCash
well, lots of things aren't supposed to be where they are... i don't think it matters, if someone wants se-l badges on their SE that's fine with me... their car, their money... you can't just say that it's not supposed to go there or doesn't belong there...

MAXIMA emblems don't belong inside the car...
I30 seats don't belong in a maxima, yet people do it...
5th gen muffler doesn't belong on a 4th gen

WHY do people put 5th gen wheels on 4th gens??? Do they wanna be like the 5th gens? NO! they think it looks better.....

the list goes on. . . . .
I have I-30 seats....only because thats the only thing I could find and I was tired of cloth and there no different except for the back seat
Old 05-05-2004, 05:08 AM
Pizda Boy

Originally Posted by 95stillenmax
I have I-30 seats....only because thats the only thing I could find and I was tired of cloth and there no different except for the back seat
I didn't say that it's lame...
I've been searching for a rear i30 seat forever now . . .
All I said was that people flame the guy for putting SE-L badges even though it's an SE therefore, I gave examples of other things we do but since more than one person does it, it must be cool....
They said that se-l badges don't belong on a maxima that's not an se-l...
well, 5th gen wheels don't belong on a 4th gen, etc...

Sam
Old 05-05-2004, 05:14 AM
How 'bout them cliffs?

I didn't say that it's lame...
I've been searching for a rear i30 seat forever now . . .
All I said was that people flame the guy for putting SE-L badges even though it's an SE therefore, I gave examples of other things we do but since more than one person does it, it must be cool....
They said that se-l badges don't belong on a maxima that's not an se-l...
well, 5th gen wheels don't belong on a 4th gen, etc...

Sam

well, my "beef" with that guy who has the SE-L badge is, if you are not SE-L, and you want to put that badge on, fine, put it. but put it where it belongs, on the door. this dude had it on the fender, and it wasnt a very clean job, either. thats all.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by dmBK
well, my "beef" with that guy who has the SE-L badge is, if you are not SE-L, and you want to put that badge on, fine, put it. but put it where it belongs, on the door. this dude had it on the fender, and it wasnt a very clean job, either. thats all.
Exactly......- But I think this thread should be locked. I didn't mean for it to get so big and so pointless.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:42 AM

I like it when the truely fast cars debadge and go sleeper style instead of the slow cars badgeing up. Thats when you know someone is worthy.

and yes, the "BORA" jetta was badged up and the guy was wearin those J-Lo glasses. He was just screaming "GIVE ME ATTENTION"-thats pretty much what all the badged up cars are screamin......
Old 05-05-2004, 08:10 AM
Bring it B*tch!

Location: Queenz, nYc CarClub: NYCMAXIMAS.ORG Website: www.ChinoX.net
I used to have Nismo on my door where SE Limited would sit...but not now, after the accident, no badges anywhere
Old 05-05-2004, 08:11 AM
Bring it B*tch!

Location: Queenz, nYc CarClub: NYCMAXIMAS.ORG Website: www.ChinoX.net
I used to have Nismo on my door where SE Limited would sit...but not now, after the accident, no badges anywhere
Old 05-05-2004, 08:32 AM
brotherhood of tq

some of u guys act like being an se-l makes ur car faster like it means u have a factory turbo or something under the hood that the rest of us dont. his car, his money, so let him or any one else badge their car how they want to. And a 5th gen muffer isnt gonna win u any races so i dont see it being a performance thing. i personally dont like badges but if u want to have them on your car then so be it. i aint one to judge cause i have a...... injen sticker on my window but thats cause i liked it. se-l hah there nothing so damn special about having one of those, thats just wasting money on leather and other crap.
will
Old 05-05-2004, 08:44 AM

My favorite of all time:

you can barely see it - but on that front door is a "RAV4" sticker!

Old 05-05-2004, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by FormorAccordMan
Exactly......- But I think this thread should be locked. I didn't mean for it to get so big and so pointless.
hahaha dude this thread was pointless to begin with and you only now figure out this?
Old 05-05-2004, 08:50 AM
2060lbs and falling...

Badgeless is so classy IMO. The ultimate in class is debadging a street legal monster. If I had a Z or G it would definitely be debaged. I also think painting CF is extremely classy. That is the ultimate mod. 1/2 the weight but still looks stock.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:51 AM
Banned

"Powered by Honda" Isn't that an oxymoron?
Old 05-05-2004, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ludacris
hahaha dude this thread was pointless to begin with and you only now figure out this?
True Sorry guys. I am scum. LOL
Old 05-05-2004, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
some of u guys act like being an se-l makes ur car faster like it means u have a factory turbo or something under the hood that the rest of us dont. his car, his money, so let him or any one else badge their car how they want to. And a 5th gen muffer isnt gonna win u any races so i dont see it being a performance thing. i personally dont like badges but if u want to have them on your car then so be it. i aint one to judge cause i have a...... injen sticker on my window but thats cause i liked it. se-l hah there nothing so damn special about having one of those, thats just wasting money on leather and other crap.
will
the 5th gen mufflers have every bit of performance that your OBX Catback does, but with a lot less F.A.R.T.
That is why I got it.
You don't even add 1 hp by adding an aftermarket muffler.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by FNG
"Powered by Honda" Isn't that an oxymoron?
Yeah, say that when you see a b18 or even b16 Civic burning you.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Banned

Bring 'em on!
Old 05-05-2004, 10:58 AM

i don't get this thread... you guys flame a guy for having se-l badges on a maxima YET you would put SKYLINE badges on a G35 . . . It's a G35 not a SKYLINE....

I have SE-L floormats in my SE does that make me a poser??? (not that I care)

NOW LET THIS STUPID THREAD DIE ALREADY!!!!

No one said they would put skyline badges on a g35, I said that I like the JDM SKYLINE BETTTER THAN THE USDM G35. Yes, they look very similar, I'm assuming you just dont know about the new skyline in japan. (It looks similar to a g35)
Old 05-05-2004, 11:08 AM

No one said they would put skyline badges on a g35, I said that I like the JDM SKYLINE BETTTER THAN THE USDM G35. Yes, they look very similar, I'm assuming you just dont know about the new skyline in japan. (It looks similar to a g35)
I said I would put Skyline 350GT badges on a G35 coupe.

They look very similar bc they are the same car. It's the V35 Skyline, funny thing is most ppl seem to think the only Skylines that exist are the GT-Rs when there has always been NA and single turbo Skyline coupes and 4 doors, the USDM G35 sedan and coupe are just the new gen Skyline.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Pizda Boy

I know that a skyline is almost like the g35 in the us but it's still not a skyline!!! that was my point...
Old 05-05-2004, 11:40 AM
BOSS

ya know, it's really weird, but last weekend, here in brooklyn i saw not one, not two but three poser SE Limiteds. One had an SEL badge on the fender, not on the door where it should be, another had one on his trunk, and onther kid had them in the right place, but on a car that was obviously a 95/96 looking at th front and rear of the car. I don't understand why one would do this? I mean, I could see pulling off the numbers off the back of a mercedes, but why add a badge that is clearly not supposed to be there. It's not like the SE-Limited is some rediculous vehicle or something- It's not like SEL is the equivelant to AMG or anything . I guess the reason why i am bringing it up is that the kid with the 95/96 with SE-Limited badges I pulled up next to at the light looked at my real SE-L and gave me a look like- "Hey I 'm down with you". I was laughing inside and gave him a brief smirk and was out. Image is everything i guess. So stupid. I mean, doesnt he know that another maxima owner is gonna know he is a poser?
Are you jealous of not having an SE-L badge on your Maxima?

Old 05-05-2004, 11:50 AM

I know that a skyline is almost like the g35 in the us but it's still not a skyline!!! that was my point...
Dude just stop, it's a Skyline. It's not even that it's almost like one, it IS one. Only in NA is it called a G35
Old 05-05-2004, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by BOSS
Are you jealous of not having an SE-L badge on your Maxima?
Boss, I do have an SEL. I was stating that SEL was nothing to brag about. Reread my post.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:33 PM

Like I said before, we have the same engine, so what IS the point? heated seats dont make you go any faster
Old 05-05-2004, 12:42 PM
BOSS

Boss, I do have an SEL. I was stating that SEL was nothing to brag about. Reread my post.
Duh, I know you have an SE-L , but after reading your post I thought that maybe you don't have an SE-L badge on for whatever reason.

Anyway, IT IS something to brag about because it is just that, an SE-LIMITED

...people often ask, "what makes it an SE-limited?" - and I answer that it's just that, LIMITED - how many of them do you see?

I'm starting to get the feeling that many people are jealous of not having an SE-L, because if they weren't, they wouldn't be talking out of their A$$ about SE-L not being anything special.

If someone does not like SE-L, then don't freakin buy one and shut up already. Thank you.

Old 05-05-2004, 12:45 PM

i feel dumber after spending the time to read this thread...
Old 05-05-2004, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by ohannon7
Like I said before, we have the same engine, so what IS the point? heated seats dont make you go any faster
Heated seats are not even all that common in SE-L's. They are just as common in regular SE's as those.
I have an SEL with no heated seates.
I do have leather though.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:23 PM
wat

Why is everyone bashing the SE-Ls???
Old 05-05-2004, 01:33 PM
BOSS

Originally Posted by BlueC

...like I said, because they're jealous

SE-L

Old 05-05-2004, 01:50 PM

no one is bashing se-l's. people are just saying it is pointless to imitate an se-l since all 4th gen maximas come w/ the same engine. The reason other makes/models badge up their car is b/c they have better engines then the model they have
Old 05-05-2004, 01:52 PM
wat

Originally Posted by ohannon7
no one is bashing se-l's. people are just saying it is pointless to imitate an se-l since all 4th gen maximas come w/ the same engine. The reason other makes/models badge up their car is b/c they have better engines then the model they have
But only SE-Ls came with Crimson blaze red. Thats something you cant imitate w/o spending a few Gs.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:55 PM

but wouldnt it be obvious if your car wasnt red?
Old 05-05-2004, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by BlueC
No ones bashing SE-Ls...it's just nothing to brag about really. It was all a marketing ploy by Nissan to try to boost last minute sales of the 4th gen Maxima before it was phased out. Although the Crimson Blaze is a sweet color
Old 05-05-2004, 04:12 PM
UCF Lexus

wow what a thread
Old 05-05-2004, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by bijan gxe
wow what a thread
well then its about time you joined

Quick Reply: Posers- So Lame