4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

It got flooded in my area, and water got inside..

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 11:29 PM

It got flooded in my area, and water got inside..

Ok, well today we had some nasty A$$ showers, alot of parts of town that I have never seen flooded were. It rained all day, and when it stopped, I decided to go visit the girlfriend. Well when I did show up, it starting pouring again. It rained soo bad, that I couldnt leave her neighborhood because it got flooded and I know my CAI would take in water, and so I did not want to get stranded in the middle of the road, with water up to my hood. So I parked my car, and got a ride. Anyhow I thought everything was cool. My girlfriend called me later that day, to tell me that water had seeped in into her car and flooded everything in her ride (I'm glad that happend to her car, she deserved it), flooding the interior. She then start *****ing about how stupid I was for leaving my car there. (sorry off topic) Anyhow, well I came back later tonite when the rain stopped, to go see how my car was. Well the water went down, and the car seemed ok. I got in,and well my passanger side carpet is wet. NOt the seats, just the carpet and floor mats. There SOAKING wet. my driver side is dry, and well there is no water in my exhaust etc... Everything engine wise seems good. What I need to know is:

Will Insurance cover the flood damage? I have State Farm.
What can I do to get the water out, before it starts stankin up the car???
How much will it roughly cost to get my carpet redone? (should I get the whole carpet amd floor mats wet, just so I can get a whole new setup??)
Were can I purchase the parts for cheap??? (yes I want to pocket any leftover money if the insurance does pay for it.)

Thanks guys. Raul
Old 05-09-2004, 03:05 AM

Your insurance should cover it if you have full coverage (not just liability). Just call them up.

If you have a vacuum that'll suck up liquids, use that to get some of the water out and then you can try using some carpet cleaners or something to clean it. You can febreeze it in the end to get the smell out.

If my car got flooded I would just get the interior professionally cleaned, but that's just me.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:22 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Use a wet dry vaccume and extract the water from the rugs. Or better yet, get a Green Machine and clean them with a cleaning solution while you extract the water. Then leave the car open for a day or 2 so it dries completely.

Doesn't sound like you have any damage, just wet rugs. Leave the insurance company out of it and fix it yourself. You can pick up a Little Green Machine at K-Mart or Wallmart for under $50. Your deductable is probably $500. Your water damage sounds like a DIY clean up.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:43 AM

That happen to me also!Just the passenger side wonder why?Anyway just take out the bottom back seat pull up the carpet and rip out that sponge underneath your carpet.Because if you don't its going to keep all that water in there no matter how long you stay with a vacumm and do the same in the front just pop off the side door sill and pull the carpet up and then just spray a lil frebreze if you want leave the doors open and let dry!
Old 05-09-2004, 04:52 AM
I need a truck

Sounds like you're not to fond of your GF.

Tom's right, it'll be a big hassle to go through your insurance company.