4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need opinions on my modding project, check it out

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 11:31 PM

Need opinions on my modding project, check it out

Well I'm thinking about doing the following mods to my car. I want to know what you guys think, any advice, ideas, etc.....

1. Hook up (white) neon lights under the dash, and seats to my courtesy light. SO that every time I open the door, the whole inside of the car lights up (in a white bright light), even considering swapping out the original light fixture with small neon lights. I just dont feel the little yellowish light, gives enough light to look for thigns that I drop. So what do you think? DO able? ANy advice??? Where do I go about finding the little switch that makes the lights go on?(I know there on the door)

2. I'm gonna purchase the new maxima door sils offered by custommax, They look awesome, now my catch is, I have a 95 max, with the tan/dark brown interior. I want to get a matching wood kit, that matches the door sills exactly. What is the wood color of the door sills? Does joshua tree dash kit carry it? I'm trying to give my car that LUXURY LEXUS like interior, and how hard is it to switch out my side panels and seats with Leather Seats?(How much should I be paying if I'm giving them my panels and seats (cloth) for there leather parts?

3. My buddies and I are gonna try to do the whole Custom Exhaust like the maxima from Fast and the Furious, how hard is it for me to accomplish this? Is there any flaws to this?? I was told this is not such a hard thing to accomplish, just cut a hole, and fix the exhaust into, etc..... Any advice on this one???

Thanks guys, any ideas or opinions would help.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:59 AM
Banned

#1-easy enough to do if you want this. your just going to have to mess with alot of wires. personally i would find this useless but to each there own.

#2-the 1st interior work you do should be a leather swap and then a dash kit. then your car will look a bit more classy.

#3- ya ya go make your exhaust. i can only image the horror. how can you make your own exhaust?
unless you have a pipe bending machine it's real hard. seeing as how a catback form a muffler shop is like 160 bucks just have them do it. the f&F max had a stillen exhaust. which is fullybolt on so in that egad. you could install it...
Old 05-14-2004, 11:35 PM

cool, I'll check out that stillen kit thing. Thanks
Old 05-15-2004, 06:24 AM
BOSS

don't take offense, but IMO these mods are worthless and unnecessary. Just my $.02 - I would do none of these mods. If anything, they make a Maxima look worse in every way. But hey, it's your car...do whatever you want to it.

Old 05-15-2004, 06:53 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by BOSS
But hey, it's your car...do whatever you want to it.
I'm pretty sure he was aware of that.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:57 AM
BOSS

Originally Posted by IwANnAMaX96
I'm pretty sure he was aware of that.
there's a thing called sarcasm, but I'm pretty sure you were aware of that

Old 05-15-2004, 08:47 AM
Hooooooonda.....

Just so you know the exhaust for the F&F maxima was made by Magnaflow. It wasn't just made by some shmucks in a garage. The guy who put the car in the movie and who owned it was Greg Lieberman or something like that, he is a development manager(I think) at magnaflow so he had the exhaust made professionally.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by BOSS
there's a thing called sarcasm, but I'm pretty sure you were aware of that
How exactly was that sarcasm?? Yes it IS his car and he doesn't need you to remind him. The only way that would be sarcasm is if it wasn't really his car.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:18 AM
I need a truck

I don't think the exhaust would be THAT hard to make. Just cut a couple inches off the b-pipe, weld them back together and then cut off the muffler tip and weld on a "elbow." Cut a hole thru the side bumper and viola. But just remember. You gotta pay to play. That might cost a pretty penny
Old 05-15-2004, 09:20 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

if you find white neons, can you let me know where you get em from?
Old 05-15-2004, 03:58 PM
ABK

OMFG, when a ricers gonna die?
Old 05-15-2004, 09:16 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

Originally Posted by Big D
Just so you know the exhaust for the F&F maxima was made by Magnaflow. It wasn't just made by some shmucks in a garage. The guy who put the car in the movie and who owned it was Greg Lieberman or something like that, he is a development manager(I think) at magnaflow so he had the exhaust made professionally.
I thought it was ractive, but when i look up the info all i get is stillen
Old 05-15-2004, 09:18 PM

umm dont listen to boss its sounds cool do what you want
Old 05-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Banned

custom ehast is cool i did mine myself weld/fabricate but neon idea is useless and leather seats? just find some used maxima leathers
Old 05-15-2004, 09:38 PM

for reference.....
gives the breakdown for the F/F maxima
However the real question is WTF is that decal doing on it
http://www.geocities.com/jgadlage/furious.html
Old 05-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Banned

ohhh! i was right~!

http://www.geocities.com/jgadlage/furious.html
$ 300 Stillen Custom Exhaust
Old 05-17-2004, 10:53 AM

LOL, I love the way you guys are. I totally understand the riceness of my mods, but hey its something I like, and wanna do. Down here, it gets the ladies, i'm a little bit immature right now, maybe a year from now, I'll throw the lights out, cause it was a stupid idea when I was younger, but for now I wanna try it, see how it works. The leather seats, are coming from a 96 MAXIMA, but I'm trading out my seats and panels in turn for his (leather), should I pay a difference? I'm gonna do the exhaust later, Hey BOSS is that your actual licnese plates? I switched mine to say Nissan, maybe stupid but it makes me different than all the other maximas out here. lol, peace