4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Quick gen2 Altezza Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Quick gen2 Altezza Question

Hey i just got some gen2 altezza's and for the center bulb the person gave me 2 red led bulbs which look quite sweet i might add, but....When i turn on the blinkers the they blink really quickly as if a bulb is out (which they aren't) so i'm guessin that the car doesn't recognize those bulbs as actually being in when they are, anyone else got this problem, and is their a fix? Not terriblely important i was just wondering if anyone had the same problem? They still blink its just that fast blink gets alil annoying while your driving.. Well thanx ahead of time sorry if this has been covered already....
Old 05-17-2004, 05:27 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

yea alot of led bulbs have this problem i heave heard i stuck with just reglar bulbs do to the price but as far as i know there is nothign easy to do to fix this.

i like driving with them, but i hate driving behind people with them. i like em cause i know that i am doign soemthing that annoys people.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:30 PM

that sounds really weird you like annoying people?
Old 05-17-2004, 05:32 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

i admit i do, i do not annoying them lieke aiming my hid's up, but i will with little things lie blinkers and stuff. nothing hazardous. That is teh whoel reason i bought an ice cream man horn!
Old 05-17-2004, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by TonyGotSkilz
Hey i just got some gen2 altezza's and for the center bulb the person gave me 2 red led bulbs which look quite sweet i might add, but....When i turn on the blinkers the they blink really quickly as if a bulb is out (which they aren't) so i'm guessin that the car doesn't recognize those bulbs as actually being in when they are, anyone else got this problem, and is their a fix? Not terriblely important i was just wondering if anyone had the same problem? They still blink its just that fast blink gets alil annoying while your driving.. Well thanx ahead of time sorry if this has been covered already....
Sorry man, I forgot to give you the thing that fixes that. Actually, I really don't know where they are at.

Oh, you probably want to know what the hell I'm talking about don't you? Goto superbrightleds.com The link should take you to the page that has a 'Load Resistor Kit' This is where I got mine from. They are about $5 and you need two of them.

You can also just go to an electronics shop (if you have one). Not sure if Radio Smack would have it or not. It's just a 6ohm 50watt resistor and you wire it in parallel. This simulates the load of a filiment light bulb since the leds have next to none resistance.

Hope this helps

And sorry again for not sending them to ya!
drew
Old 05-18-2004, 03:23 AM

I was gonna e-mail you this morning btw and thank you for the tails drew.... Oh well you saw the post first lol so Thanx. Its no big deal the blinking fast doesn't annoy me 2 much i'll probably get a resistor when i put in the middle 2 altezzas. i don't have my 97 trunk yet so i'm just using the outter tails for now, They look pretty decent because i already have a set of color matched altezzas on my max so the middle lights are just regular altezzas painted blue around all but the part that lights up, Maybe i'll post pics in another post soon....