4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

wow, cant beleive im asking another exhaust question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 08:33 PM
bennny

wow, cant beleive im asking another exhaust question.

along with this warpspeed y-pipe i just bought, can anyone throw up some good places to find a good sounding performance cat // cat-back exhaust system fer sum good prices? thanks

Old 05-17-2004, 08:35 PM
THT
Throbbing member

I have the GReddy SP2 and think it's fantastic albeit a bit pricey. You can get it from horsepowerfreaks.com for $520 shipped but there's also a GD going on right now for GReddy catbacks.

~THT
Old 05-17-2004, 08:38 PM
Hooooooonda.....

What year is your car??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????

Don't, and I'll say id again, don't waste your money on a cat converter.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Big D
What year is your car??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????

Don't, and I'll say id again, don't waste your money on a cat converter.
what difference does the year make? all exhaust system can be interchanged in the 4th gen.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Hooooooonda.....

No they can't, at least not without modification or not without looking like they don't fit right. Like I said, what year?
Old 05-17-2004, 08:50 PM

No they can't, at least not without modification or not without looking like they don't fit right.

Hahahah, my friend (jdmmax) ran a apexi WS with no modification to his 99 SEL. As far as I know there were no 97-99 Ws made.. Also my other friend ran a 97-99 Greddy SP in his 96 Maxima, with no modification.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Hooooooonda.....

97+ Have a longer bumper so if you use a 95-96 exhaust the muffler will hang behind the bumper like an inch. Some have actully burned their bumpers that way. If you put a SP on a 96 the muffler will stick out beyond the bumper by an inch or so. So the fit isn't perfect. Does it fit? Yes. Does it fit just right? No.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:19 PM

i just got an apexi n1 exhaust put on. i will take pics and upload them soon but it sounds good. just a very monotonish deep growl.

-myke
Old 05-17-2004, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by enjetek
i just got an apexi n1 exhaust put on. i will take pics and upload them soon but it sounds good. just a very monotonish deep growl.

-myke

the NA version or the turbo one?
Old 05-17-2004, 09:54 PM

the turbo one my friend. the anodized one so it matches my rims. i will get pics up soon because the ones on my page are old without the drop settled. hopefully next week or so is the bbk and then eventually kit and new paint job.

-myke
Old 05-17-2004, 10:19 PM
Give me a Bud Light Holmes

my apexi ws needed modification in order to put it on my 98. heres a pic

Old 05-18-2004, 06:58 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Originally Posted by sagamax
my apexi ws needed modification in order to put it on my 98. heres a pic

What mods did you have to do to the WS? Is it coming up short under the bumper or did you fix that? I'm still looking for an exhaust right now and checking my options.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:01 AM
Hooooooonda.....

-myke
This guy is asking about complete cat back not a fart can which the n1 is.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:27 AM

:\

listen to one before you post anything. you always have to say something which you think is intelligent but is far from it. i wonder why everyone argues with you all the time.

-myke
Old 05-18-2004, 07:36 AM
Hooooooonda.....

Done? I've heard many. It's funny how it's always the person who has the muffler that thinks it sounds good and the people who hear it hate it. The N1 is a small, cannister fart can.

At least I start sentences with a capital letter. I'm not always right so people will argue with me. When I believe something is right, or when I read something and post it, I stand behind it, I'll argue til someone proves me I'm wrong. What's the big deal? If I didn't argue I doubt I'd learn much more than I already do. I just don't see why you're arguing? He asked for cat back suggestions and you prance in here saying I got a muffler, go look at it. I'll speak my mind if I don't like something or if I disagree. At leat I don't go around threatening people and wanting to fight or anything like that. It's the internet people, stop being such uptight pussies about everything.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:05 AM

the resonated pipe directly after the cat was too long and made it so that the hump on the 2nd pipe didnt fit properly. i just took it to a local muffler shop and the just cut the pipe to make it shorter. its not hard to customize any muffer shop can do it. also the way that the muffler sits on the factory hangers is why it looks like it does in the pic. it looks inside the bumper a little bit but it isnt. it is directly flush from the back of my bumper. i will try to get some sound clips if i can find anybody to upload it for me.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:25 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Thanks for the reply, sagamax.
Hmmm...a local store is selling the WS for $780 CDN and a store over in Everett, Wa. is selling the WS II for $422.95 USD. So how much did cutting the pipe cost you? Did you install it yourself or have the shop that cut it for you do the install?
Old 05-18-2004, 08:50 AM

Burning bumpers? What burning bumpers? We don't got no stinkin' burning bumpers!

Man...it sucks. Somebody make a 2.5" muffler for a 99 that is quiet like stock so I can get rid of this WS. Maybe I can do a 97-99 to 95-96 bumper conversion.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:52 AM

ok so where does the piping begin for my exhaust? yea if you take a look at how mine was done it goes all the way to the cat so you have no idea what you are talking about. youre an idiot because it sounds different on different cars. stop ***** posting and go away. its called custom piping my friend so before you speak like an ignorant person just ask so you can get all of the details. lol oh yea and stop making fun of my grammar and spelling im getting so offended that i might cry.

-myke
Old 05-18-2004, 10:04 AM

i actually bought it at a local speed shop here in tampa. i was at a local car show and he saw my maxima and said he had a apexi ws layin around his shop and have me his card. the next day i went there and i saw it so i bought it the same day. i think he really wanted to get rid of it. because all i had was 410 on me and he took it and installed it for that price.

it shoudnt be much to customize it. because i got into an accident and insurance had to replace my muffler since it was damaged in the accident but nissan just replaced the muffler since the b pipe wasnt damaged so nissan just gave me the extra apexi b pipe. i gave it to a friend of mine and he had to customize it at a local muffler shop. they charged him 120 to install the y pipe and to customize the pipe. if he just got them to customize the pipe it would have been around 40.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Hooooooonda.....

ok so where does the piping begin for my exhaust? yea if you take a look at how mine was done it goes all the way to the cat so you have no idea what you are talking about. youre an idiot because it sounds different on different cars. stop ***** posting and go away. its called custom piping my friend so before you speak like an ignorant person just ask so you can get all of the details. lol oh yea and stop making fun of my grammar and spelling im getting so offended that i might cry.

-myke
Well thanks for proving you're an ahole. I didn't call you names e-thug boy so don't call me any. The N1 sounds bad on most cars and it sounds like **** on cars with a y-pipe just like MOST cat backs out there. MORON. Another thing, where in your first post did you say it was custom piping? Nowhere. I'm not an idiot so I know the WS is the only cat back that APEXi made for the max. If you're telling him to get a custom exhaust then say so and not just come here and ***** his thread. You whored up his thread not me. I helped him and you just came here and high jacked it. Make your own. As for you're grammar, someone has to do it. How is anyone supposed to take your seriously when you spell worse than than my dog. Sory for doing this to your thread benny.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:43 PM

im "sory" too. dude get an education and make a valid point before talking to me anymore. and if i didnt mention it then how can you assume it wasnt you made the first mistake. dude get a life. its just like when you said your intelligent comment to 1fstmax. leave us alone little boy.

-myke
Old 05-18-2004, 12:45 PM

p.s. at least i can spell SORRY instead of SORY like you. so you spell worse then a dog eh?

-myke
Old 05-18-2004, 12:48 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Why would I need this educationto argue with you? I don't see a connection to your argument anyway. What was wrong with my comment to 1fstmax? I was right and he was apparently also right. I made valid points and you just kept writing at a 2nd grade level. Good day sirmam.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:00 PM

educationto and sirmam. new words? as i stated before and i will reiterate it again(for you this means i will say it again), you are an idiot. 2nd grade level speaking by me? right bud you just have all the big words in your posts. just admit you can have an n1 muffler put on and i will leave it at that. or are you so single minded to see that almost anything can be done to a car with money?
maybe because you lack it you can only buy parts that have to precisely fit onto your car.

-myke
Old 05-18-2004, 01:04 PM

To the poster of the thread!!!!!!!

1. I cannot believe you are asking another exhaust question either...ha
2. For the last time....don't waste your money on a "hi-flow cat". They don't add any hp and they will run you $85-$100. Just save that up and get something else.
3. Go to a muffler shop and get them to custom bend you some 2.5" piping from the cat back for like $50. You can choose to keep your stock resonator on(I did) or not. It will make some sound difference, but not much hp difference either way.
4. Choose a muffler that you like. I got a 5th gen, and had to modify the bumper ever so slightly to get it to fit....there are two exhaust pipes on there.

Also, I am running a 5th gen muffler, and it is about an inch back from the bumper. It is just a matter of the hangers, not whether it is 97-99 or 95/96. I think they are all interchangable. Mine hung on the same hangers, but it is a little further back than I would like it. However, they are designed from the factory to not stick out of the bumper. Go look at stock ones...they are either even with the inner lip or a little further in(esp on the 5th gens).
Old 05-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Hooooooonda.....

educationto and sirmam. new words? as i stated before and i will reiterate it again(for you this means i will say it again), you are an idiot. 2nd grade level speaking by me? right bud you just have all the big words in your posts. just admit you can have an n1 muffler put on and i will leave it at that. or are you so single minded to see that almost anything can be done to a car with money?
maybe because you lack it you can only buy parts that have to precisely fit onto your car.

-myke
You want me to do what? Admit that a N1 can be put on a max? Ok I'll admit it. Problem is I never said it wouldn't fit since people had them on here back in 2001. Money? It costs $30 to have a muffler welded on so I don't see that as a money issue. Like I said before, he wants a cat back and you're talking about a muffler forgeting to mention the custom piping. No one is writing about you speaking at a 2nd grade level as I never heard you speak. It's your writing that sucks. You're not supposed to start sentences with and or OR. Again are you done? You keep twisting things around just to have me twist them back to the way they were originally. Last post, unless your stupididty shows itself again.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by sbslacker
Burning bumpers? What burning bumpers? We don't got no stinkin' burning bumpers!

Man...it sucks. Somebody make a 2.5" muffler for a 99 that is quiet like stock so I can get rid of this WS. Maybe I can do a 97-99 to 95-96 bumper conversion.
HA....that happened to me as well. The sadest part about the whole thing is that you have a burnt part of the bumper forever on the tip of the exhaust.

For anybody wanting an apexi ws catback exhaust: warning!!!!! Once you install that badboy make sure that you do the necessary modification after wards or you will end up with a (HAHAHA) burnt bumper.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:45 PM

:\

You want me to do what? Admit that a N1 can be put on a max? Ok I'll admit it. Problem is I never said it wouldn't fit since people had them on here back in 2001. Money? It costs $30 to have a muffler welded on so I don't see that as a money issue. Like I said before, he wants a cat back and you're talking about a muffler forgeting to mention the custom piping. No one is writing about you speaking at a 2nd grade level as I never heard you speak. It's your writing that sucks. You're not supposed to start sentences with and or OR. Again are you done? You keep twisting things around just to have me twist them back to the way they were originally. Last post, unless your stupididty shows itself again.
stupididty - 1 [sp]
forgeting - 2 [sp]
with and or OR - 3 [no idea what you were tying to convey]
you just kept writing at a 2nd grade level
- [prev. quote]

not only can you not type you also dont remember what you say in previous posts. you need a brain. you did not mention anything about 2nd grade in one of your posts? LOL you are a total idiot that cannot read nor make correct inferences. since you assumed an n1 muffler would not fit why couldnt you make a link to also assume it had to be put in by some other means?

-myke
Old 05-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Hooooooonda.....

No, moron. I said no one is writing about you speaking at a 2nd grade level, which I didn't. I said you wrote at a 2nd grade level. Twisting it around again. I also never said the N1 doesn't fit a max so I'm not sure where you took that from. Any more made up BS? You know what for get it. Good night everyone.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:45 PM

ok i will "for get" it too.

-myke
Old 05-19-2004, 12:08 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Get an OBX catback, no rice sound, and its made to fit 97-98, although the muffler tip doesn't line up exactly with the bumper cutout, there are ways to get it aligned.