4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Worst near accident or accident horror stories.....POST PICS if possible

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 12:49 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Worst near accident or accident horror stories.....POST PICS if possible

I want to hear everyones worse NEAR accident or actual accident stories....make sure to post pics if you did get into an accident. I just want to see how you avoided these accidents or tried to....also post year and area where is happened.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:50 AM

Of course it must be in ur 4th gen max ^ ^
Old 05-22-2004, 04:08 AM

[QUOTE=Nick7455]I want to hear everyones worse NEAR accident or actual accident stories....make sure to post pics if you did get into an accident. I just want to see how you avoided these accidents or tried to....also post year and area where is happened.[/QUOT

Last year I was driving on a back road and the speed limit was 55. It was a beautiful day, I had the music going and the windows down, not a care in the world. I came around a corner and this red civic was headed towards me head on. I quickly swerved to the right and he just missed my back left quarter panel. Unfortunately he did not miss the husband and wife that were in a Toyota Corolla directly behind me. The driver of the Civic and the couple were killed instantly. It was later determined, after interviewing me (I was the only witness), that he (Civic) probably fell asleep. I can still close my eyes and picture what it had looked liked in my rear view mirror. And the sound, even with my stereo up full, was something that I will never forget.
Old 05-22-2004, 05:48 AM

OMG....that was much worse then I ever expected. That is probably one of the worst near death experiences I have ever heard. Can you just imagine if you decided to go just a lilttle slower that day. Or if you happened to get caught by someone on your way out and they just wanted to say goodbye....that small delay could have cost you your life. Did the passenger of the Corolla survive? Do you guys keep in contact at all? What a crazy story....thanks for sharing =(
Old 05-22-2004, 07:36 AM

This actually happened last week. I was driving past a big gasoline tanker and the next thing I know I look to my right and this guy's in a full speed lane change into me. He's literally about a few inches from my side mirror when I swerve to my left across the double yellow into oncoming traffic. I slam on the gas and luckily get around him and back on the right side. All I could think of is what would have happened if I got into an accident with the tanker and it rolled or somethin..life flashed before my eyes.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:58 AM

Some Audi accident

Maybe a lot of you have seen this but somethin to think about next time you drive fast
Old 05-22-2004, 09:32 AM
wat

This was my last car. It all happened back in December when I came around a steep curve on a country road. Road seemed dry, but when I came to the curve I saw it was iced over on parts. Didnt really have time to even hit the brakes, ended up going 40mph or so into a tree. Walked a way with a large bump on the back of my head and thats it.

This was roughly 2 weeks before the accident:

Old 05-22-2004, 01:45 PM

-_- wow man that is harsh for both of you.........
Old 05-22-2004, 02:51 PM
Always sunny in philly

Mustang blowing a red light on a dangerous 4 way intersection. I clipped him and his car went bye bye (totalled)
Old 05-22-2004, 03:13 PM

CHILLINMAX!!!! HAHAHAHAH your car barely got hit!!! How much did that cost? Few hundred for head/parking light, clear corner, and some body work?
Old 05-22-2004, 03:46 PM

Wow ... yea please refrain from posting pictures of your damaged maxima's ... it's depressing... instead post damaged pictures of other cars that go along with
the stories....

-thanks.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by Nick7455
CHILLINMAX!!!! HAHAHAHAH your car barely got hit!!! How much did that cost? Few hundred for head/parking light, clear corner, and some body work?

LoL, actually, i ended up clipping his rear bumper when i steered away from him. I actually got two new fenders, a new bumper, headlights, grille, and a custom paint job all for about 2500. 1 1/2 years later and the court case is STILL pending.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:34 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

Originally Posted by Maxin It
Some Audi accident

Maybe a lot of you have seen this but somethin to think about next time you drive fast
iv eseen that before, i think it was staged. look at the ground the dirt and everything around there isnt even torn up, if an engine went flying out of a car, thr ground would be torn up, it looks like everything was placed there.

as for me, ive only had one "accident" and it was minor. It was 2am on Halloween night, about two days after I got the car and I as still learning and I did not know about over steer. I went into a 25mph turn going about 70mph. The car could have held it but I hit the brakes into the turn (this was also before I got the sway bar) and I went into a 360 and scrapped against the wall. My friend was behind me in his ’03 Maxima SE and he said my *** was about an inch from slamming into the wall on my way out of the spin. Not too scary and the damage was minimal, overall it was a good learning experience.

i decided to ilustrate this, as you can see fomr my "drawing" im very bored and cant draw worth a ****.

Old 05-22-2004, 04:41 PM

LOL... nice illustration .... i'm bored to... so i'm reading and replying
Old 05-22-2004, 10:35 PM

Bump...any other stories?
Old 05-22-2004, 10:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Fortunetly, I have no stories to tell . . but I must say everyone here has some interesting experiences with car accidents. Those pics of that audi is jaw-dropping, I want to know the details of that crash; speeding? drunk driving? survivors?
Old 05-23-2004, 03:58 PM

bump for more story tellin fun
Old 05-23-2004, 04:46 PM

Here is my last car before someone turned left out of a mcdonalds in front of me. Totaled a caviler and hit a 2004 civic

Old 05-23-2004, 05:59 PM

makes me so sad looking at this..

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=271282 there is the story..

Drive safe!
Old 05-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Always sunny in philly

damn, i actually remember reading about that one.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:34 PM
Banned

Drive safe!
I second that!

Here yah go: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=312404
Old 05-23-2004, 09:00 PM

Damn i remember that one too.

Once upon a time(not really maybe back in april 2003), I used to drive a 1990 300zx. I loved that car but i totalled it racing a camero RS. I was coming home from school. When I saw my friend in his new Camero RS. He thought that he was the shyt in that car, I wanted to prove him wrong. I got up next to him at a red light. We took off, side by side. Then I started taking off from him(bout two car length from him) and i started laughting. Unfortunately,I didn't watch the road, the street cruved and I ran into a barrier around a sharp corner doing about 50mph. I won the race easily but I ended up losing in the end. Well, not really an end, just a wild end to a new beginning...

Here's a pic to the aftermath:
Old 05-25-2004, 06:40 PM

lets hear some more stories....
Old 05-25-2004, 06:51 PM

takentomax sorry bout the 300zx... 50mph into a barrier... any injuries?

and yea more stories.. this is a good thread lol.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:31 PM
There's never a day when something's not on sale

When I had my old RX-7, a lady decided to come into my lane ( it was a 4 lane road, I was in the left one, she was in the right), I had to swerve into oncoming traffic, weave inbetween, 3 or 4 cars, maybe more, don't remember that well, but I had no way to get to the correct side of the road( because I was in the far left lane, meaning, the far right lane going the wrong way), I ended up having to jump a curb, literally, when my front left tire hit, it shot up in the air, and then my back tire hit, throwing the front left of the car back down and into a spin, I did a full donut, going about 30 or so at this time I think, the car finally stopped swerving and spinning when I was in a parking lot, for a GAS STATION, ended up about 10-15 feet from a pump.... damage: two bent/ruined rims, suspension was never right since then, and the front left bumper was busted up..... theres my first, and hopefully last close call....
Old 05-25-2004, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by AxisKill
takentomax sorry bout the 300zx... 50mph into a barrier... any injuries?

and yea more stories.. this is a good thread lol.
I wasn't really hurt just a bump to the head.

I was more distraught at the sight of my car. I couldn't believe about what i have just done.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:55 PM

I was coming home from my girlfriends house around midnight two days before my birthday. I came around a 35mph turn going about 70mph, not a smart idea with my subs in the back. The rear end broke loose so I tried counterstearing and over corrected suddenly the rear end swung around to the other side, I tried to bring it around again but by that time it was to late and I hit an enbankment. The car rolled twice and of course I wasn't wearing a seatbelt but only walked away with a bruise on my hip. Lucky me.

Old 05-25-2004, 08:00 PM

Gald that u were alright besides that bruised hip...
Old 05-25-2004, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by takentomax
Gald that u were alright besides that bruised hip...
Yeah, it was a pretty nasty bruise though.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:13 PM

DAMN!!! Be careful man...and ALWAYS wear a seatbelt....could have been much less severe but good to hear you are safe.

blackmaxx96 did the lady that came into your lane stop or did she just keep driving and not realized what she had just caused...i love this thread ^ ^
Old 05-25-2004, 09:24 PM
There's never a day when something's not on sale

she definitely kept driving.... you gotta know she knew what she did... but whatever, those days are in the past... all I know is if someone did that to me in the maxima, they would never see the end of it... i was really ****ed/scared to drive for the next few weeks... stupid *** drivers are everywhere.... watch out for em
Old 05-25-2004, 09:32 PM

hell yea.....can you just image what makes someone change lanes without looking?? Just confuses the hell outta me!!
Old 05-25-2004, 10:30 PM

OK here's two stories

1st: I was driving to a buddies house, going about 40 MPH. A tree that had rotted through at the bottom of the trunk (i think it was a chestnut) fell out of someones yard and landed 3 feet in front of my car, then bounced up 1 foot as i skidded my 3rd gen into it. It screwed up my bumper, bumper lenses, grill, hood, smashed my front windshield, went over the car broke the moonroof, scratched the shyt out of the roof, broke the back winshield, took out the antenna and broke my spoiler.
An accord going the other direction at the exact same time had almost identical damage. Poor old lady almost crapped herself.

When i got out i was shocked. And ****ed cuz i just detailed the **** and now it was all kinds of jacked up. luckily it was take care of by insurance(act of god/nature). When i got back inside the windshield was supper smashed right at face level. I'm just glad a big branch wasnt where that smash happened, or i would have been decappitated.

Second time I totalled the poor bastard. I was at home in Bethesda MD, it had snowed 3 days prior, but it was all melting away. That night at 2am there was no snow on the roads for 2 days, just melted snow water. I hit a small patch of melt water which had frozen, and i slid right off the road into a big old tree. I took a tiny peice of bark no bigger than a bic lighter of the trunk. It smashed up the whole front. My intake manifold was cracked in half, all kinds of fluid was everywhere. Some kind of black powder was allover (must have come out of the bumper?) my winshield wiper was on full blast, and I put my left knee through the dash. I had a purplr bruise for 2 weeks.

Then I got my 4th gen. Sweet. I miss my old Max though, it was my first car. I barely beat a 99 Mustang Gt with flowmasters on a straight away. That was my most glorious moment.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:41 PM

I’ve been in a few accidents but only one while driving. I had a 96 ford contour. The damn thing was a piece of junk. It looked like an eggplant on 4 wheels. I was coming home from long island right after messing around with this girl. So you can imagine the coo lade smile i was rocking... Anyway i get off on my exit and I must have been going 65 slowing down. My light was green so I kept on going, This lady in a 85 el dorado ran the light and at that moment my heart stopped! I knew that there was no way I would be able to stop in time. I slammed on the brakes and dropped it into 2nd gear… it was an auto. I tried to cut right and jump the curb so that the worst would be a broken rim or something. That dumb ***** went right in front of me and I slammed into the front of her car. My door wouldn’t open and there was steam all over the place. As it turned out, I tore the entire front end of her car off! My little ford… Built tough is not just a slogan! Her car was totaled and I ended up driving mine home. Granted I needed a new fender, bumper, turn signal, windshield and driver window but hey at least it wasn’t as bad as hers.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:48 PM

I saw a bad accident not too long ago. I’m in Queens and I was in Astoria. Anyway this Toyota corolla or something was running from cops. He was driving like a lunatic. At some point right beyond my sight, he crashed into a tree. He must have hit over 90 mph! As soon as I turned I saw the damn thing in flames. Luckily the tree barley held and it didn’t drop. Right underneath it is the Grand Central pkwy. The people must have died instantly. But the freaky thing is that what if the tree did happen to fall or if there wasn’t a tree even there… the car would have landed on the pkwy and caused a huge accident that would have claimed the lives of a hell of a lot of people. I passed that part later on that week and I saw the tree. There was almost nothing left of it. The car tore a huge chunk out of it.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:13 AM

Close call...Two weeks after I'd bought my max, I'm driving into Manhattan from Jersey on the e-zpass lane. Some lady in a Montero decides she'd like to get in the same lane as I am while I'm next to her. I swerved away from her, then swerved back in so I wouldn't hit the toll plaza divider (this happened maybe 6 feet away from the toll booths). She managed to close my passenger side mirror with her fender.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:11 AM

Wow ... people are real idiots... i already knew this but im realizing it more after reading some of your stories (dunno.. hearing bout maxima's being hurt.. kinda ****es me off)...

i say vote me for president... all good drivers (or just maxima owners..) will be allowed to carry firearms in their vehicles and will be aloud to legally "Cleanse" the streets of wreckless / a$$hole drivers

what do you people say to that?
Old 05-26-2004, 01:59 PM
CaLSoNiC

No pictures, but I was at the Nissan dealership picking up a fuel filter, right as I walk outta the parts department, one of the employees was driving a brand new '04 Max into the service bay to get it preped to be sold. Instead the dude hits my rear bumper! I wasnt even in the car. What a moron. Well, I got a new rear bumper right on the spot, painted and everything.

Old 05-26-2004, 02:40 PM

Kinda off topic but I was at the dealership the other day also in the parts service like the guy above and as I walked out I heard an ambulence and all of a sudden it as well as a truck come from the other side of the road and slam into this wooden pole at the edge of the dealership.....parts just went flying everywhere.

I guess the truck failed to yield to the ambulence, which was going 85 in a 45.....and as he went to go around the truck the truck moved and so did the ambulence and the ambulence hit him and they both swearved out of control.

All I saw was them hitting but it was VERY VERY loud and it was almost like a movie.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also at work a few months back I heard the flight for life helicopter going over. I got off of work 30 mins later and the main road (parker) was all blocked off....When I went around I saw this accident. A small car was making a left hand turn on a VERY busy road and tried to beat a SEMI!! The car didn't make it and was hit directly on the passenger side. The semi was from king soopers (krogers) and was found to have been speeding. Fluids were all over and you could see the deep tire marks on the pavement for weeks.

I went to work the next day and found out that the car was owned by a lady I work with. Her 15 year old son just got his permit and he was driving, his sister was in the passenger seat, I think she is 18 or 19. Anyways, amazingly the boy (driving) was killed and his sister in the passenger seat that was hit directly was flown to the hospital....She is still alive but I have no idea the extent of her ijuries.

Its scary because they were headed to the library to study and I guess he had not been driving that much and thought he could make it.......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone stay safe....I made this post get a better knowledge of common accidents!

Please make good decisions while driving and WEAR UR SEATBELTS!!!

Peace..
Old 05-26-2004, 02:41 PM

AxisKill: haha, yeah ya definitely got my vote

Quick Reply: Worst near accident or accident horror stories.....POST PICS if possible