4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

greddy..obx..other ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004 | 07:12 AM
bennny

greddy..obx..other ?

I was looking at the Obx catback at first but i was skeptical because I've never heard of it (any of you that have it and are reading this thread can you tell me a little about it "likes/dislikes") But i think i am leaning more towards a GReddy sp rather then the apex'i ws...not sure yet, I wish i could hear a apex'i ws but i can't seem to find any files there all GReddy :<
Old 05-22-2004 | 07:25 AM
NAS

from what I understand and tend to believe the obx catback it one of the louder exhausts, I had fitment issues, spent another $100 to get it fitting almost
perfect, the only reasone I got it was through a group deal, so It was cheap, other than that I would opt for Greddy SP. OBX looks good, sounds very deep/agressive, a little loud with a ypipe, by itself just about right.
Old 05-22-2004 | 07:28 AM

hey dude, i just put the sp2 in my max with an injen cai, and let me tell you when i slam on the gas it sounds freakin AWSOME! i highly recommend gettin a cai with the greddy, cause the sp2 sounds good and deep but the cai just adds to it soooo much. there both def. worth the moola.
Old 05-22-2004 | 07:36 AM

i have OBX catback with ypipe and intake and WOW it gets loud......if u want loud greddy and OBx are both good choices....it took me about a week to get used to the louder sound after installin ypipe.....it rumbles even at idle.....
Old 05-22-2004 | 11:01 AM
Always sunny in philly

aside from some minor fitment issues (which can be resolved by hangers), the OBX Type H is a preferred amongst orgers who dont want to pay 500+ for a catback.

be sure its type H, not the replica
Old 05-22-2004 | 12:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ya you can get a obx type h for about half the price of the greddy i think