4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

PULLEYS..NEED HELP ASAP..thanks

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 02:55 PM

PULLEYS..NEED HELP ASAP..thanks

my engine and trans is out from car for seal replacement...
im looking to buy performance underdrive pulley...
so far performance; i have CAI, streight out exhast w/o cat.

i browsed to find couple of pulleys at different prices from $40-290$, they "show" 3 pulleys but i think i only need one thats if.
any recomendations or info will be greatly appreciated...

let me know company and if there are deals around,
repair shop offered stillen pulley for 200$ for one...let me know please.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I am recommending the DMS pulley not because i have compared all the pulleys on the market(from what I can tell there is not much differance between them except for price) but because of the customer service you get!I bought a DMS pulley from a guy on the org. that was for a 2002 max so it didn't have the crank timing ring with it.I was desperate because I had my car apart and was scrambling around sending out e-mails and calling everyone I knew if they had an extra one.One of the guys here gave me the link to DMS website so I called Nick(he is the owner)and told him what I needed.Keep in mind this guy did not know me and I even told him I bought the pulley from an org. member and not through him.He said no problem and asked for my address and he would ship me one for free asap and all I had to pay was shipping.Man I'm telling you customer service is important to me because sometimes the best price is not always the best deal.The pulleys sell for $120 unless he has some defects(scratches,blemishes)which he sold on this site for about $80 each.You can also buy the belts through him or he will tell you the belt numbers you need.