4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Good Hiding Spots?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 08:54 PM

Good Hiding Spots?

Hi, I was wondering where you guys keep stuff that you want hidden, it doesn't have to be illegal items, just places where you keep items stored secretly. So you guys have any good hiding spots in a 4th gen?
Old 05-30-2004, 09:05 PM

Yeah. In my pocket.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

if I tell you is not a secret no more.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:07 PM

under the shift boot panel, or locked away in the glove compartment, registration and insurance in the center console, so cop has no reason to go through a locked compartment...
Old 05-30-2004, 09:08 PM

in the jack storage in the trunk or in the spare tire well
Old 05-30-2004, 09:15 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

yes yes.... where the jack is. there is plenty of cubbies and space in there. and under my shifter trim.

cool thread!
Old 05-30-2004, 09:24 PM

problem with the spare tire well and jack storage is those are the first places cops look, my friend actually made a little cooler out of his spare tire well and threw some ice and uh "drinks" in it for the beach, it was sweet... but cops arent dumb. i plan on making a hiding spot in my subwoofer box whenever i decide to make the final stereo setup in the trunk and make it clean looking
Old 05-30-2004, 09:45 PM

If whatever you are hiding is small you can try underneath the liner found in the trunk or under the body of the car....though k-9 units dont miss much...
Old 05-30-2004, 10:53 PM

pry out the front roof light next to sunroof controls(if equipped) theres plenty of space there
Old 05-30-2004, 11:00 PM

you can also pull up the cupholders in the 97-99 models. its a little hard at first, but i t can be done. Tons of space.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:27 PM

If it's something flat , try underneath the rear seats especially if no one uses it.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:57 AM

in the shifter console would work best.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:14 AM

Pull up the panel around your shifter. Your "stuff" will be secure and hidden. But if they bring in a dog, you will get caught. Just don't hot box it while driving and you'll be fine.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tyrexx
in the shifter console would work best.
thats my spot!
Old 05-31-2004, 08:50 AM

i put my dip cans under my shifter trim.. just make sure they dont slide arround. Best hiding spot from parents most importantly!
Old 05-31-2004, 09:04 AM
Always sunny in philly

If its something small, go behind the gauge cluster
Old 05-31-2004, 10:53 AM
Hella internets

a good hiding spot that i have used in all of my cars is the gas tank lid...

They never check there...at least from what i heard... in my old 89 Grand prix (pontiac) there was a hole in the stearing wheel that you could pop the lid off of, since there was no airbag, and u could hide HELLA stuff in the steering wheel, i got my car searched like 3 times and they never found it in there lol....

The gas tank lid it a good spot and another really good spot is on the drivers side kick panel, right above it where the steering wheel goes through the firewall, that lil plastic cover that is above your kneez you can throw stuff in there right behind the steering wheel (where there is a small gap) U can do that if your in a rush to conceal something for the last minute, or just reach back under the dash and throw it up there...

Hope this helps ya in the future and using the glove compartment locked and putting registration in the center console is GREAT idea BTW....that way they need a warant hehe
Old 06-01-2004, 10:22 AM

cant you pop out one of those blank plastic cover next to the security light (like where the cruise control button and the dimmer is). you could put small stuff in there like last minute but it'll take some time getting it back out.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:56 AM
An atavistic endeavor...

Hahaha, I love the hiding places threads.

I've never been able to get those blank plastic covers by the wheel out. My boy used to use that as his spot in his old golf.

Under the shifter trim is the easiest one. I want to go in through the cup holders, but I cant get them out...I always have to use the shifter trim which feels kinda sketchy...great spot though.

Under the back seat is a pretty DL spot to use.

Pull down the sunroof control panel and you can hide some smaller stuff in there.

You could probably hide stuff behind the trunk trim on top of the rear strut towers if you wanted to...my RSTB draws attention to there though.

You can jam stuff through a hole in the top of the glovebox when it's open, but be careful...**** tends to slide down into the kick panel and it's hard to get to.

I just thought of 2 really really sick spots, but I think I'm going to keep them to myself for obvious reasons. Neither is convienient, but both are someplace you would never think to look. Anyone who has done stereo stuff to their car can probably guess.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:12 AM

Great thread!!! been awhile since we've had one of these...

my spots:
in armrest, in a CD case.
sunroof control unit
under the shifter

if you're REALLY worried, what you could do is get some really thin fishing line, tie the item up, pop open a air vent, tie it to the vent, and fish the item into the air vent....it's a hassle, but, also out of sight.

OR

you could build a little something under the interior door handle -- the plastic cover only has one screw -- so it would be easy to get at...

since I have a gapping hole in my dash (waiting to buy an LCD, will SOMEONE please reply to me!!!) I've been placing things in there...

personally, when I hide something, I want to be able to get at it when needed...

FLO_BOY
Old 06-01-2004, 11:23 AM
An atavistic endeavor...

Originally Posted by FLO_BOY
you could build a little something under the interior door handle -- the plastic cover only has one screw -- so it would be easy to get at...
Great one. You could probably also just pop the two screws out of the bottom of the door panel and cram something in there.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:39 AM

.....or maybe in your gas tank. Just make sure you put it in a sealed container and tie a piece of rope to it so you can pull it out later...
Old 06-01-2004, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by zachosz
.....or maybe in your gas tank. Just make sure you put it in a sealed container and tie a piece of rope to it so you can pull it out later...
just b/c you can't see the benefit of having hiding spots, doesn't mean you can be a smarta$s!!!

besides, I don't think you can put anything solid in the tank...there's a filter I believe.

FLO_BOY
Old 06-01-2004, 12:37 PM

haha this is a good thread, the best one is the shifter for ease/space, but the glove box locked is also the same as if the trunk is locked because they'll need a warrant both good spots. i was with a buddy a few weeks ago and his car got searched, and the cops popped the trunk without a warrant! luckily we didnt have anything in there but they did find stuff on him
Old 06-01-2004, 01:26 PM

depending on what your hiding, under the steering column is perfect. if your pulled over, you can easily just stash whatever it is under there without looking too suspcious.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:10 PM
Banned

i like my pop out cup holders...anyways i don't let cops in my car. if they ask you to step out of the car don't. they can't go into your car without a warrent, unless they see you do something redicously stupid infront of them, or your obviously drunk, even then it your fault for being a dumbass. even then explaining to them that they do not have your consent to search your vehicle or the passengers inside of it. roll down your windows. NOT ONE, and i repeat NOT ONE of your passengers has to say anything to the police officers, he pulled YOU over, a traffic stop/violation is not a place for interrogation/search of full car loads of people. thank god we have laws. i'v had cops threaten me with the dogs and all sorts of ****, threatening to keep me on the side of the road all night. DO NOT get out of the car, make eye contact, speak clearly don't make any big movements or reach for your registration unless asked to...uhh and if they ask for anyone else's driver's licenses do not give them up. it's a great way to get a car searched if you have a buddy who has a warrent out for his arrest, who then gets out of the car and has drugs on him, and then they have a reason to search the car. the locked compartments are also a nice loop in the law. if your carrying a big **** load of **** here is some advice don't puff in the car, keep it all in the spare.

peace

edit: as far as i know dogs can't go into your car under most circumstances. don't get out of the car whatever you do. cops use forcefull language and they work on admission of guilt. NEVER admit anything. shut the **** up. they do not read you your miranda rights untill the end. even if they said your friend just said you have guns in your trunk cops lie all the time the second you let them search you your car or anything of the such your screwed...

town cops are worse then city cops.
i don't like them much.
but i know how to be safe and what my rights are finally.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:22 PM

Well Torgus gald you did your math...He is fo real. If you were to hide something that you are not suppose to have, by law a locked glove box cannot constitute "inside" the car. They cannot search there and also it's locked. DUH

The shifter trim is where i hide all my "stuff." Also the gas compartment is good too.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Banned

if you let them search you've car your already lost.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:03 PM

If a cop is hasseling you you just have to say the magic line:
"I want to talk to my lawyer"
They have to leave you alone.
As long as you don't let them intimidate you theres not much they can do (unless your doing something totally obvious.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Banned

"i want to talk to my lawyer" in a p-stop is ihmo one of the stupidest things you can say.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:20 PM

my bad i ment i they do find anything or if they are questioning you and your friends... ect
Old 06-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Banned

then your absolutly correct!

shutting up and asking for your lawyer is good stuff all around.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:22 PM

This thread is such a shame!
Old 06-01-2004, 03:23 PM
Pizda Boy

now all the cops know where to look for stuff in maximas

but seriously, i like to have a smoke once in a while (cigarettes) and i always keep a pack hidden where the arm rest is in the back seat... no one ever opens that thing even if i got passengers in the back & fiancee doesn't look there cause she's got no reason. . .
Old 06-01-2004, 05:56 PM

I know this thread is about hiding spot's and all, but I think you might want to reconsider using your vehicle as a hiding space & just keep what ever it is in your pocket? Last I heard if you use your car as a stash spot then you have just lost your vehicle the the local police department. But there is some good I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance. No just playing there is some good news. You could probably get your car back at the local police auction???
Old 06-01-2004, 06:08 PM

no, they just impound the car you can get it back
Old 06-01-2004, 08:46 PM

so how many people on here are really drug smuglers

that explains all the money you have to mod your cars while us honest working folk cant afford shit
Old 06-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Banned

drug smuggeling is easy. not getting caught isn't... you weld ammo boxes to car. doesn't work on our cars. but thats how a guy i knew moved ****....
Old 06-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

In my first car (ford contour), i was at the shop and the mechanic had one of those fuse boxes for the relays. I installed it under the hood and made it look like its sopposed to be there. Anyway those things have a hell of a lot of room in there and ive never heared of a cop opening and looking through your fuses. Best of all the plastic doesnt get that hot even when running the motor. But if they have a dog your pretty much screwed.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:54 PM

ok how do u open the shifter trim?im guessing u all have 5speeds?

Quick Reply: Good Hiding Spots?